Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cle de Peau Perfect Enhancing Powder #71
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am normally not a big fan of makeup because my skin tends to be rather intolerant of many mica/talc based finishing powders. But since I've had a chance to dabble in high end makeup, I have been thoroughly impressed with the difference in quality and finish of the few things I have tried.

The biggest attraction to the Enhancing powder is that it is available in a yellow-based finish. The powder comes in four shades: #70 light pink (similar to the Loose Powder) #71 pale yellow, #72 & #73 are shades of bronze and ochre. I had no doubts in my mind that this product would be just as finely milled as other CdP powders. The #71 is such a faint yellow colour, I would recommend it for those with fair skin - it definitely will not leave a "jaundiced" cast.

I apply the pressed powder with a firm brush, the coverage is very sheer at first - almost like nothing, but within minutes the natural oils on my skin softens and absorbs the powder and it creates a translucent glow not unlike the La Mer Loose Powder. It does not provide coverage for extreme redness or skin blemishes, but helps to neutralise pink skin tones rather well. For the first few times I tried, I did not use any MMU or primers underneath, just with the Jurlique Silk Dust. I did not have any issues with oil breakthrough or oxidation throughout the day.

I would recommend a seperate pore minimising product if you have enlarged pores since the Enhancing powder only sits on top of the skin.

Ingredients: talc, mica, polymethyl methacrylate, trimethylolpropane trioctanoate, diisostearyl malate, boron nitride, ethylparaben, sodium magnesium silicate, polysilicone-5, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, aliminium hydroxide, aliminium distearate, parfum, methicone, glycine soja, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, CI 77491, CI 77891, [+/- CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 15850, CI 77947, CI 73360]
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Very good review. This will help others decide what is best for their skin tone.

I bought the loose powder and I don't think I will buy the pressed powder.....maybe I will next spring.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just wondered where to buy the CDP products in North America

Thanks, miranets!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blaziamm

I am not in the Americas either, I got mine off ebay. I think if you go to the official CdP site they will list all the stores that carry the line.

www.cledepeau-beaute.com
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:27 am      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
I just wondered where to buy the CDP products in North America

i know that Barney's carries CDP.

BTW -- thanks miranets!
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I believe that Neiman Marcus carries it also.

Marla

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
in another forum founded by chinese,almost everyone has one dose this product
the powder is fine
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
thanks to everybody!
I have checked NM, and it is not availabe there at least online.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
blaziamm you need to call one of the NM stores to purchase Cle de Peau. My local NM just called me a week ago because there was a GWP promotion for CdP so it is possible that they still have the GWP! The NM website has a list of all the stores.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |