Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
non-flakey mascara recommendations?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use the 1000 hour lash tint but sometimes I use mascara for a more dramatic or defined look.

I am looking for a new mascara that won't flake onto my face and into my eyes... do any exist?

I once had my eyes done at the Chanel counter and was told that their mascara was especially good for contact lens wearers because the formula remains pliable and won't flake. I've never tried it and am contemplating it; however, a less expensive alternative would be nice.

Any recommendations?

TIA.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently enjoying L'Oreal's Lash Out. It is supposed to be for lengthening but I find it gives decent volume too! I have not noticed any flaking Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Blinc Kiss Me Smile

Every other mascara smudged/flaked on me, except this one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka looks really natural and doesn't flake.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hypnôse from lancôme, thats the best mascara ive ever tried. And I probably trieds about 15- 20 different. The brush is not to thick, it give a nice lenght but a lot of volume.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm also loving it now. The first time I tried it, I got the racoon. Reading reviews made me want to try it again. What I'm doing now is putting a tiny amount of loose powder (Hauschka) under my lower lash line to absorb oil and moisture. This is working out great. The other thing about this mascara is that it comes off so easily that there's no tugging on your lashes or skin around the eyes.

If it is going to be a long day, I put a thin layer of Clarin's Fix Mascara over it and that stuff is amazing. You just have to be sure to do a THIN layer or else it makes the lashes dull.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Kanebo has two mascaras in their 38*-series (*=substitution for degree sign), which are 100% flake-proof mascaras that need water warmer than 38 degrees in order to budge.

In addition, I'm quite fond of the waterproof version of Diorshow, but the huge brush takes some time getting used to.

Oh, God, I'm the mascara whore! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite mascara is Rimmel Exaggerate (not waterproof). It doesn't smudge or flake on me, and it bulds very nicely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
For years I have been searching for the perfect mascara and have bought most brands only to be disappointed. Then along came Maybelline Intense XXL - its cheap and fabulous. Doesn't flake and is quick to apply. After you have used the primer, you only need one coat of the mascara and you're done. It seems to be extremely waterproof (I get sinus and my eyes water allot) but it comes off in the shower without too much effort. Gets my vote!!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I hate flakes! And I have 1000 mascaras and most seem to flake. The only one that did not is Maybelline (the pink and greeen tube) but I HATE that stuff. It smudges all over the place. I had success with Clinique gentle waterproof but I think they discontinued it. I have the maybelline xxl....I'll need to give it another shot.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Rimmel mascaras are good. I like both the Extra Super Lash and the Lyrca Lash Extender. Neither has ever flaked on me.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I had success with Clinique gentle waterproof but I think they discontinued it.

Is this the one you're talking about? It doesn't seem to be discontinued.

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4904&PRODUCT_ID=PROD726

I like this one too but I've haven't used many other brands so I'm far from a mascara expert. But it doesn't flake or smudge on me. It's very light though so it's not for someone who wants bold eyes.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I use Hynose by Lancome. I don't see any flakes, but I can only apply it once.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I love Clinique High impact mascara, absolutely no flakes or smudes and just about every mascara I have tried flakes or smudes on me. 2nd would be Dior show, providing I wear a primer before applying the show.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote here for Dr Hauschka. Hands down the best mascara I've ever used. Doesn't smudge, clump or flake. Gives an excellent natural look but if you want someting more dramatic you can just apply more layers without worrying about it looking all gunky and gooey.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr Hauschka. Seems to condition my lashes, where other mascaras leave them "crispy." Chanel made my eyes sting and water. Hypnose is my fave of the crispy ones, and I've tried most of them.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried blinc i ordered it through the net i did find it easier than some mascaras in getting it off. I have very senstive eyes and get easily irrated i didnt think it gave enough volume and thicken them enough for my liking.
I have also tried the Dr Hauschka but found it seems to sting my eye slighty and didnt thicken them enough though was more of a natural look if thats all your looking for.

Does anyone know any others i could try? I have dark eyes but like my eyes to stand out i dont wear eye liner and am only looking for black mascara to just thicken them, lenthen without smuding and most of all easy to remove.

Im using Almays Mascara at the moment but it stings my eyes alot and find it very hard to take it off everyday.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
pal - Why do you need a primer with DiorShow masacara?
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just adding another vote for Dr. Hauschka. I wear contact lenses and have rather sensitive eyes, but I've never had any problems with this mascara. Also, no flakes--just supple, rich looking lashes.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome Hypnose is excellent for me, no flakiness at all.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Are the Lancome mascaras easy to take off does anyone know?

lipglossdoll -Do you find the easy to tske off?Do you have senstive eyes?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |