Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for mild low PH facial cleanser - is there a list?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I know DY has some cleansers listed in terms of ph, but I would like to find a more complete list. I need to find a mild facial cleanser that is low ph to use with my AHA so I wont have to wait or tone it down before applying the AHA serum.

I noticed the drugstore brands form DY list which are low ph, like Neutrogena, have very irritating detergents.

So far I have been using Johnsons "Head To Toe" which is mainly betaine and some sodium laureth sulfate (not lauryl sulfate which is very bad). But the ph is too high - they call it balanced, but its just below 7. I need one which is no higher than 5.5.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Try investigating this, it's very gentle, must have a low PH but not sure the exact figure...

ADERMA SENSIFLUID CLEANSER 200ML
Your skin is especially susceptible. It does not tolerate water... A-derma also has thought of you. Thanks to its entirely original formulation (natural emulsive agents), Sensifluid enables washing without rinsing in a single step (you won't even need lotion). Children and adults will appreciate its exceptional mildness.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
OK - I got the bottle from upstair, was just being a tad bit lazy after walking the dogs....it's soo cold outside...

Ingredients
Water (aqua). C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate. Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride. Avena Sativa (Oat), Kernel Extract (Avena Sativa) Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate. Cross Plymer. CArbomer. Decyl Glucoside. Disodium EDTA. Fragrance. sodium Hydroxide. Sodium Methylparaben. Sodium Propylparaben. Sorbic Acid.

Not sure what all of them are, but I have extremely senstive skin and I keep this for when my skin takes a fit on me, like when it can't even stand tap water on it. I am sure the high oat content helps..

It's a no rinse cleansing lotion for intolerant skins. Non comedogenic.

Hpoe this helps it dosen't mention the PH, I find spraying with Avene Thermal water is fine after - you don't need a toner, I put my next product on straight away whether it's mask, treatment or cream, whatever I'am doing next...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for writing this all down Smile I googled this product and it seems you cant get this in the US. Also, I rather have a rinse off product, since AHA is meant to be applied to clean skin, just as the Retin A Im using at night.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
The Cellcosmet Purifying Gel Cleanser is mild and if I recall from reading the box the pH is 5.5 so it would match the pH of your skin. It may have some chemicals but has no strong detergents. Here are the ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 GlycerylEthylhexanoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, French Rose Extract, Matricaria Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolaimine, Imidazolidnyl Urea, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Nitrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090)

It is very expensive but I just love this and even though I have about 4 or 5 different cleansers to use when I run out of the Cellcosmet I am seriously considering using them as body washes and repurchasing the Cellcosmet. If you do decide to purchase make sure that you apply it to dry skin and then add water otherwise it does not cleanse as well.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
You can rinse it off if you want to, I spray the Avene water after, it's just if you are so sensitive that your skin doesn't like it, the product will not harm your skin if you don't rinse it - hope this makes sense, and you get what I mean..

Anyway good luck with your search, if you can't find anything and decide to give it a go these people ship to the US and it is a very reasonably priced product..
http://www.garden.co.uk/acatalog/Aderma_Products.html

If I find anything else I'll put it on this thread..

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I know you have this info Monicia, I think I sent it to you. But for others.

I like Geograpx, 5.5 pH, detergent free, simple formulas. The Tea Tree is wonderful for acne prone skin. Azulene is good for all skintypes, and especially dry or sensitve skin.
I use both.

http://www.geografx-cosmetics.com/products-FacialCare-2.html#Foaming%20Tea%20Tree%20Facial%20Cleanser

Paulas Choice is another option. I don't like hers as much because of the detergents and complexity of the products, but for those who don't mind detergents.
http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/cleansers.asp?ID=307

Diana Yvonne has some also, but watch the ingrediants and pH. Some are better then others.
http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/11/

Some drugstore cleanser pH guide.
http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/11.thephofcommoncleanser

You may like Mychelles Fruit Enzyme Cleanser, 3.5 pH. But it is a bit drying for some, good for oily skin. This has added Glycolic, making it low pH so good for "before acid" use.
http://www.mychelleusa.com/index.php?action=item&id=2

All these are very concintrated, so you only need a pea sized amount. I actually remove makeup with an oil first then use a clenaser.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |