Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

hyperpigmentation in the dermal layer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cherylmusicfreak

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have hyperpigmentation and I have tried alot of creams to get rid of it and also home microdermabrasion and 5 treatments at a spa. I stopped as it was expensive and because I didn't see much difference knew if it eventually did help it would cost a fortune.

I have recently read that if you are having problems getting rid of hyperpigmentation it could be the problem is further down in the dermal layer of the skin. Are there any creams that penetrate down to the dermal layer? Are there any other options besides laser which I don't want. I'm hoping there is a new magic cream out there that can help.

Thanks,

Cheryl
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I had the mask of pregnancy for about 3 years after my daughter was born and the doctor said Sun Block complete Sun Block and that eventually it will go and it did but it took years.

However, have a look at the thread on rave about handheld photo (something) device, the Baby Quasar might help, I don't have one yet....but lots of people on there do and have posted great things about it fading marks, also you will find the manufacturers name address etc..so you can ask them questions directly...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is the thread I was meaning, couldn't get out of the other message to copy it..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15282

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Naomin,
Thanks for you quick reply. I have had these areas of pigmentation for over 10 years and I use a good sunblock. They don't seem to be fading much. I've got it around my mouth which isn't really noticeable but what is is the patch on each side of my cheek towards my hair line. I'd love to put my hair back in a pony tail but can't. They have faded a tiny bit but they are still quite noticeable and are about the size of a looney. It didn't happen this summer but the last couple years I also got some spots on my forehead but they easily faded on their own with me keeping up sunblock as well.
I saw the thread of the Baby Quasar last night, looked at a couple posts then surfed the web for more info. But when I saw it was light therapy I stopped looking at it as I have used the Beuer Softlaser and thought it was similar to that. Are they using the same light therapy?
I stopped using the Beuer laser as I broke out in a cold sore. I have the herpes simplex virus in my system and the laser activates it causing me to break out. When I had professional microdermabrasion done I told the doctor and she had to prescribe an antiviral for me to take a head of time. I knew this would happen as I broke out when I did a home microdermabrasion treatment. It sucks! I suppose the Baby Quasar would do the same thing if I wasn't careful?

Thanks,

Cheryl
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh gosh, so many questions, well if I was you I would email the Advanced Theraputic with your questions as they make the machine. Acutally if you look on their website they do a handheld duo for Acne one with a red light like the BQ and one with a blue light....maybe this would be OK. It would be best to ask the people who make the product. I am not qualified in this just an ordinary forum member.

Gosh ten years, could it be something nutritional ? I don't know...silly question but I suppose you have tried all the whitening stuff, but then if it's in the dermal layer...they wont touch that....maybe when more people read your question you'll get some more ideas people seem very friendly and helpful on here, good luck.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'll ask Advanced Theraputic about the Baby Quasar.

Could it be nutritional.....very good chance. I'm pretty sure my health problems are causing my skin problems. I have been sick since I was 15 and I am 37 now. I have Chronic Fatigue SYndrome and Fibromyalgia which for me entales hypothryoidism, adrenal exhaustion, candida, hypoglycemia, mercury poisioning, etc. I have read people with adrenal problems can get hyperpigmentation. I also have terrible blackheads on my nose and some white heads on my cheeks.....all related to my endocrine problems. So my body is pretty messed up. I'm trying hard to get better but no luck so far.

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Synpathies to you. I suppose you have tried loads of things, I know it sounds simple but detoxing and have you tried yoga, I have read in lots of yoga books and this is why I try to do some yoga every day, even if I don't have time to do a full session, the one asana that is supposed to be good for regulating your entire system is a head stand, as it puts pressure on your pituitary (not sure of spelling) which is the gland that is supposed to govern all the other glands. Please be careful if you haven't done headstands before, my Mum put her neck out about 15 years ago doing one. Also if you have other conditions I think blood pressure that isn't normal etc. you have to be careful, might be worth talking to a yoga teacher....but if you feel able maybe try one against a wall....apologies if you know all this or are an experienced yoga practioner...also my neighbour had hypothyorism and her heart was going over time, it took months for them to get her medication right be she is fine now, maybe your doctor could reasses your medication or something, only a thought, I know how it slowly wears you down being ill for long periods of time....hope you get it or some of it sorted.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your empathy and I appreciate your insight.

I tried yoga about 5 years ago but it was too much for me to do. Because I have had Fibromyalgia so long my muscles are very weak. I could barely hold myself up a few seconds doing the dog pose. I just wanted to collapse. And that was beginners yoga....just on a video though. I forget which one. Since then I haven't checked into it more but funny I was thinking of yoga again the other day. I have tried hard all this years to get well physically and now I'm beginning to think I need to incorporte the whole mind, mind spirit connection. So I was thinking of yoga and meditation etc.
Because I have adrenal problems my blood pressure is low....great it's not high but low isn't great either. You are right how being hypothyroid can damage the heart. I worry about that. I've been on meds. since 1989 and for the most part my thyroid has been working OK but now my thyroid problem is very complicated. For the last few years when I take the meds., I get a migraine from them, pressure in the chest (uncomfortableness around the heart), pressure type feeling in the throat area where the gland is and my fatigue and muscle pain intensify. You would think by these symptoms maybe I was taking too much meds. and going hyperthyroid but my tests reveal I am hypo. I have to stop the meds. and then start again so I don't go too hypo. If I go too hypo I get the same symptoms above. It's a catch 22. I can tell my family doctor is fed up with it so I won't go to her anymore. I'm working with a naturopathic doctor but so far I'm still having problems. I think it's tied into the adrenals.
When I told a well known skin care doctor in Vancouver that my skin problems were tied into my thyroid and adrenal issues she looked at me like she didn't know what I was talking about. I wish I knew of a dermatologist who really focuses on the health of the person and how it relates your skin problems. Some one who is holistic.

Thanks,

Cheryl
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oh gosh, you've tried loads of things. Maybe a swimming pool, but not swimming incase you get tired, just hold onto the edge and move your legs and stuff, the water will give a bit of resistant against your muscles and maybe make them stronger. It's meant to be good for the phsyci to be submerged in water if nothing else. Deep breathing and visulisation and stuff might help....oh and what about a floatation tank and you can be immersed in different colours that are meant to have different effects...

I think my neighbour at one point had an operation - I might mention it next time I see her can't remember exactly when but I know it was linked to her thyroid problem...

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again. I really should try the swimming. I'm not sure I have heard about the flotation decvice with the colors. Color therapy is supppose to work though.

Maybe your friend had her thyroid removed due to cancer or something but I'm sure if that was the case you'd remember. I know some people take radioactive iodine when the gland is overactive and then end up have to take thyroid meds. as they end up go hypo. afterwards.

Anyway thanks for your imput for everything.

Cheryl
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |