Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Vitamin C Uses, and Wait Time info (Long)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
raisinkane - you can use Mandelic, and the Lactic and BHA blend also. But the IFeel Pretty is a liquid product, so it will not penitrate through a serum or gel well. Its literally like water.

Some people apply with a cotton ball. I just put a bit into my palm and apply with fingertips.

And I would probably not use it in the same session as the mandelic. But you could do one on one day - and one on the other. Or one in PM one in AM if you need that much.

But you don't want to do overkill, and over dry your skin There are two strengths on the AHA/BHA blend you may want to go with the lower one since you already are useing another acid.

I use the stronger one everyday. But my skin is not at all sensitive or dry. If someone is dry or sensitive, the lower strength product every other day would be better.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
You are correct Scottslass. The product will not be ineffective. It can just be an issue for faster oxidation concerns.

Which is fine for $10 a bottle - bad if you pay $100.

Once it oxidizes you should not be useing it, at that point the Vit C will still be effective, though less so, But it can cause damage concerns to the skin.

But you will see it change color when this happeans also.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
On the subject of Vitamin C turning bad:
I have a sample vial of Skinceuticals VitC+E+ferulic that I left in my car in direct sunlight. It does not look discolored at all, but when I put it on my skin, several hours later my skin looks browner. Even parts of the fingertips I used to apply the serum were stained--although I notice that only the skin that is really dry (due to weather and constant handwashing at work) turned brown. The brown does not come off easily either--i basically feel like I am exfoliating it off instead of washing it off. Thankfully, my face did not turn dark brown like my fingertips. I never saw this before when I was using the Skinceuticals product, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is bad since I let the vial sit in direct sunlight for two weeks. Also, I've switched to using the Candessence product, whose texture I prefer due to the water base...but I still would like to understand what is going on in the Skinceuticals sample and why I only saw the brown color on my skin.

Priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal. I would *like* to use the mandelic every day. I guess I will just go with bha with no aha. Would that work?
Lowest to highest you said, so I apply bha then mandelic. That way I could use every day if I wanted to? Would that work?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
you may be able to do the aha/bha blend and mandelic daily. I don't know. And you may or maynot be able to do the BHA and mandelic daily.

Its really something your just need to try. The AH/BHA or BHA only does not need to be used daily. Ypou can use it every other day or third day.

It just depends on how your skin reacts, and if your pores stay clean on that schedule.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal-

I am so lost in the sea of Vit C info. I mean I understand most of it but it really makes my brain hurt, all I am looking for is a clean formula that would be good for oily, acne-prone, young skin. I read through your intial post in this thread and tried to find a source on the internet that met the guidelines...no such luck. Do you have any rec's for me? Or can you at least point me in the right direction? Thanks a million.

Vonstella

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Dear all, do you feel your skin is dry during the waiting time? My skin is so so dry in waiting time. When I used Vit.C from PSF, my skin didn't feel dry at all during waiting time about 30 minutes. But not seeing too much effect from PSF, I switched to Vit.C+E from IS Clinicals, my skin is so so so dry. What is worse, Vit.C+E from IS Clinicals balls up. It makes my skin feel like a lot of sand in the surface. Sad I HATE IS Clinicals. Sad
Also, in the morning, after DMEA, my skin also feel dry in waiting time. I wonder if there is a DMEA contains HA which may not make my skin dry, or if I can mix DMEA with HA.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much. This really clarified a lot of things about Vit. C .

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Intersting , Thanks

I have one question .
What about creams containing BHA, AHA and VTC C . is it working ?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this very informative information, I was doing it wrong.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |