Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Question about PayPal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I previously had a PayPal account, but I guess I have just paid with a credit card through paypal.....so, anyway I signed up using that credit card and then it asks if you want to be verified. They want your bank account info and your log-in name and your password. That seemed a little much for me, as I have always heard not to give out that info. Am I being Paranoid?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Paypal is a secure sight, there really isn't reason to be uncomfortable, but if you definitely don't feel comfortable, you do not need to be verified.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Unless you will use paypal alot, you won't need to get verified. I believe the cap is around $1000. However, if you do, they do it very securely. You give them your bank info online and then they take out like 25 cents from your bank so that it shows on your statement with a password. Then, you enter the password online to get verified. I've never had a problem with paypal and the problems that I've heard off has never been about its security, usually mistakes they make with transactions. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:26 am      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
... You give them your bank info online and then they take out like 25 cents from your bank so that it shows on your statement with a password. Then, you enter the password online to get verified. I've never had a problem with paypal and the problems that I've heard off has never been about its security, usually mistakes they make with transactions. HTH!

Dr. Penguin, I think PayPal actually adds money to your account (like 9 cents or something) instead of taking it out. At least when I signed up they did that (I think I have 2 accounts through them). I did the verification process, but then again I use PayPal A LOT and I know that since they've been bought out by eBay, some of their proceeds might have changed.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
kittyd wrote:
I thought I previously had a PayPal account, but I guess I have just paid with a credit card through paypal.....so, anyway I signed up using that credit card and then it asks if you want to be verified. They want your bank account info and your log-in name and your password. That seemed a little much for me, as I have always heard not to give out that info. Am I being Paranoid?

I've used paypal for years with no problems. as mentioned above you do not have to get verified f you're uncomfortable.
here's a page from paypal about verification;
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/verification-faq-outside

you should have no problem if you provide this information at the paypal site.
make sure you see the "s" in the addy
https...

NEVER NEVER eVER provide this info to a link thru an email!!!!!!
even if the email looks like it's officially from paypal, do NOT follow the links.

always go directly to the paypal site.

it's an excellent service for buying/selling on line -
just requires some "internet saavy" for safety.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes, PayPal adds a few cents (.06-.12, it depends) to your bank account, they don't take any out until you authorize a payment using direct transfer from the account. This is for verification of the account info. Your account setup with PayPal is only complete after you verify with them that their small deposit shows on your bank statement. I've had my PayPal account for several years with no problems. With PayPal, as with any other internet-based payment system, always make sure you're on a secure site whose address starts with https:// rather than the usual http://

Ari

Edit: preempted by bubble while typing. Laughing Yes, never ever respond to any email link involving your financial info. Always go to the website and (again) verify that you're on a secure page.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I use PayPal about 1 or 2 times a month and I'm not verified. Just didn't need to do the extra work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I use paypal quite a bit, and am verified.

I always log in onto their site (never answer the email, which looks like it is from them, but in most cases is not. Theirs always has your name (first and last), etc.).
They use secure protocol for their commincation and it should be OK in terms of communication vulnerability.

If you still do not feel comfortable - you can also call them and talk to a live person ( I believe - I had a few issues and they were very helpful).

But again, yo do not need to be verified, it is just more convenient if you do a lot of shopping and use PayPal for payment.

HTH,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much ladies, I knew you would know. I don't do a whole lot so probably won't get verified. But thank you for the helpful info, especially about the httpS thingy!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
oops, Mermaidgirl, you're right! Embarassed Paypal do ADD 2 cents. I'm so used to having money taken out that I forget Paypal did the opposite lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I had a PayPal account for years and many transactions without being verified. I only got verified about a year ago, when I wanted the ability to get my PayPal balance actually in my hands without a fee, and so that I could deposit money in my local bank account to fund my PayPal balance. If you aren't needing your funds to flow through your bank account one way or the other, you probably won't miss not being "verified".
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I got my account verified so that I can fund payments through my bank account as sellers who
do not have business accounts can only accept 6 credi card transactions a year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I have not had any probs with Paypal.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kittyd, I too was wary about becoming verified, but I was spending a LOT on e-bay, as I was re-furnishing my home and they impose a spending limit if you're not verified, which means you have to send cheques or P.O. I did it and have had no problems at all. It's a pain to do, but worth it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |