Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where can I buy an Illuminated beauty / make up mirror???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I thought that you girls (& guys) may be able to advise me on this one.

I am in (soon to be desperate !) need of an illuminated beauty / make up mirror after cracking the glass of my HG (Boots) No 7 mirror this morning . I went to Boots thinking that I would just be able to purchase a replacement....no such luck I was informed by the SA that this item was discontinued some months ago.

The sort of mirror that I am after needs to have an illuminated bulb inset into the base of the glass. There are quite a few illuminated mirrors around (Revlon etc) but they all seem to have the illuminated light surrounding the glass rather than an 'inset' light in the base.
I tried using one of these a few years ago - but as I mainly use it to groom my eyebrows I did not the light that accurate.

Please help...

Crying or Very sad
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
It's so funny that you posted this as I was just looking at some last night. I was at Brookstone and found the one below. I know it's a halo light, but this was the best lighting I've ever seen for a mirror of this sort. It's extremely bright and is made to immitate sunlight. I don't know about you, but I find sunlight to be the best for tweezing...too bad I don't carry tweezers in my car!

They also have another one that isn't wall mounted, but I was specifically looking at this one because my mom needs it. It's a bit more than I was hoping to pay though. I looked them up on Sharper Image and they appear to have similar ones, so you might want to check those out too. Good luck!

[url]http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=440925&search_type=search&search_words=mirror&prodtemp=t1&cm_re=Result*R1C1*T[/url]
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I don't know why the link didn't post. You can copy and paste it though. Very Happy
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl.... thank you so much for your info and the link to Brookstones. I had a look on their site - they had the exact mirror that I wanted, sadly though they were out of stock.

However, your very helpful search led me to Ebay (I had previously searched Ebay last night - looking for an 'illuminated mirror' ). After visiting the Brookstones site I noticed that they called their mirrors 'lighted' rather than 'illuminated'. Although, as I mentioned the mirror that I wanted was out of stock I decided to do a 2nd Ebay search using the search word 'lighted' rather than 'illuminated' and found a whole host of ideal mirrors.

I have placed a (high !) bid on a mirror (seller fortunately has 10 for sale !) Ironically it will be an exact replacement for my HG mirror that I broke yesterday

Thank you so much Tamgirl, your very helpful link has led me to my new HG mirror - I knew you guys would come up trumps Smile
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I've actually been wondering whether there's one that is like that but in a little compact. For going out at night. I haven't had any luck yet but every once in a while I check Ebay.

Michele
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Michele

I have seen some compact lighted mirrors on Ebay, they are in a compact folded style (not unlike a pressed powder compact) The ones that I have spotted have an illuminated light around the mirror rather than the type that I was after which had an inset light.....worth checking out anyway Smile
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhh, thanks, I'm havin' a look tonight between my bids as 'Santa'

Michele
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading good things about Ott brand mirrors. Anyone have one of these? They seem expensive -- are they worth it?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |