Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Weleda Wild Rose Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I decided to take the jump and use only natural, petro-chemical and preservative free skincare. I looked into a lot of brands, and discovered Weleda, which offered, healthy, safe products, and was affordable.

Here's a list of the products I bought and have been using for about a month now:

Wild Rose Cleansing Lotion ($30CAD)
Ingredients: water (aqua), alcohol, hamamelis virginianan (witch hazel), distillate, rosa moschata leaf extract, citric acid, fragrance (parfum)*, limonene*, linalool*, citronellol*, geraniol*, eugenole*.
*from natural essential oils

A really nice, refreshing cream cleanser. Not great for removing makeup, however, so I suggest using in the morning. I also wish it didn't contain alcohol, but that's the price you have to pay for not having parabens as preservatives! I give it a (out of a possible 5).

Wild Rose Facial Toner ($26,50CAD)
Ingredients: water (aqua), alcohol, witch hazel (hamamelis virginiana), distillate, musk rose (rosa moschata) extract, citric acid, fragrance (parfum)*.
*natural essential oils
Again, I wish it didn't contain alcohol Rolling Eyes as it can be a bit drying. I can only use once a day at the most. Perhaps I will have a better reaction to it in the summer when my skin is less dry. I give it (out of a possible 5).

Wild Rose Day Cream ($30CAD)
Ingredients: water (aqua), prunus persica (peach) kernel oil, prucun amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, alcohol, glyceryl stearate se, rosa moschata (rosehip) seed oil, hydrolyzed beeswax, lysolecithin, sedum purpureum extract, commiphora myrrha extract, fragrance (parfum)*, limonene*, linalool*, citronellol*, benzyl alcohol*, geraniol*, citral*, eugenol*, farnesol*, xanthan gum.
*from natural essential oils
Now this is a product I'm impressed with. It is very moisturizing, but skins into skin a few minutes after application. Doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts. I give it a (out of a possible 5).

Wild Rose Intensive Facial Oil ($30CAD)
Ingredients: Rosa moschata seed oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil, prunus persica (peach) kernel oil, fragrance (parfum)*, limonene*, linalool*, citronellol*, benzyl alcohol*, geraniol*, citral*, eugenol*, farnesol*.
*from essential oils
This is now a HG product for me. The packaging says to use once a week as an intensive treatment, but I've been using it 4-5 a week with great results. It is a bit greasy upon application, but considering it is a night treatment, that's not really an issue. But to wake up to clear, glowing skin is totally worth it. A must have!!!

Over all, I'm impressed with the line and will continue to purchase the day cream & intensive facial oil. I'm still on the lookout for that HG cleanser & toner, however!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this review. I've always loved my Weleda lip balm and toothpastes and have often wondered about the rest of their line as well. Although I'm not willing to give up my Dr H, I may think about incorporating some more of Weleda's products in my routine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I like Weleda a lot too. They really have a much broader spectre of products, so it is easier to find something for combination skintypes. I find weleda just as good as dr. H.(which is very overpriced outside (northern) Europe, and on EDS.) The price for Weleda is also very reasonable, at least here in Switzerland! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried (and love) Weleda body care products, such as the body oils, deodorants, and toothpastes. I've been tempted by some of their other offerings, but I haven't found a great source for them here in the U.S. (Dr. H is more readily available in my area. And, frankly, works so well for me I haven't had much of an incentive to stray!)

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear their products work so well, and now I'm tempted to give them another look.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Got the rose facial oil capsules, quite good. I'd rate them 3 out of 5. Tried the eye cream in this range, was quite firming but not moisturising enough for me.

Overall the two products were good value for money wish I had discovered the line when I was younger. At 42 need a eye cream that delivers a bit more moisture.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I had tried the mask and it is so fabulous with the sensitive skin.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
What, no mention of the Wild Rose deodorant spray? Wink At first, I wasn't sure about the scent, but this stuff is really working for me!
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love Wild Rose Intensive Facial Oil sooooooooooooo much!
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Where i can buy these products in Canada?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know where they are sold locally in Canada, butwww.saffronrouge.com has a decent selection of Weleda products. I think they are in Canada, so maybe they have a local store?
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
ayapp wrote:
Where i can buy these products in Canada?

I purchase them at my local health food store (in Ottawa).

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |