Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Which celebrity has the best skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
It seems most celebs have really good skin...thanks to good makeup work. However, I've seen some photos of some celebs without makeup and loads of them look awful! Also, I'm quite interested where I can find info on products that celebs use...without having to buy magazines that is. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
You have to remember that so many of those photographs are airbrushed, Photoshopped, specially lit, etc. Not to mention the readying process the celebs go through before even being photographed, lots of professional makeup application, more airbrush! Most of it is an illusion, so don't be too shocked when you see them without makeup and they look horrid! Those are usually paparazzi (sp?) photos designed to get a "real" look at the celebs, and I think they are also taken on purpose to make them look really bad. Its one extreme or the other.

There are few of them out there that have as good as or better skin that you anyhow, so just find what works for you and you'll be set.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been always curious about this too. If all other conditions are equal, I guess the young Winona Ryder (around 1996-1997) would be one of the candidates. She looked quite ok even in some paparazi photos.

Recently, I saw a model named Natalia V. (spelling?) on some ads. Even if she owes a lot to makeup, airbrushing, and photoshop etc.. texture (facial) looks exceptional. (Of coures she is still young).
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
What's really interesting to me is that when watching America's Next Top Model, I noticed that when the models are taking pictures their skin is flawless and gorgeous, but then when I see them at judging time with no make up on, it's astonishing just how many freckles, blemishes, dark circles, etc they have!!!! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
What's really interesting to me is that when watching America's Next Top Model, I noticed that when the models are taking pictures their skin is flawless and gorgeous, but then when I see them at judging time with no make up on, it's astonishing just how many freckles, blemishes, dark circles, etc they have!!!! Shock

I agree liz! There were a few girls on the last season with super splotchy skin! It was crazy! It seems like most of them had less than average skin, I was suprised.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've often had conflicted opinion about just really how *good* celebrities' complexions are.

I once saw this close up shot of Naomi Watts for some big fashion magazine, she looked gorgeous but had generally very porous skin. And in most magazine shots of celebs at big events, they look gorgeous and flawless.

Same with celebs like Posh, Paris Hilton etc.. and models like Gemma Ward - I saw a profile shot of her during a documentary under some shadowy lights and she had very large pores and congested skin.

I think it ultimately comes down to how good their skin tone is, and most celebs manage to keep even and smooth skin tones, so problems like big pores tend to be fixed with primers and good foundations.

And have you guys seen pics of Eva Longoria without makeup?! Blotchy skin and very average looking..
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

I so agreed with you! A lot of them looked really scary without makeup and got really bad skin. I remember watching America's Next Top Model with a guy friend and he just couldn't believe those girls (without makeup) would actually become models. He thought they looked horrible, but when he saw their photos from photo shoots his opinion obviosly changed. Also with Cameron Diaz, she's got so many pimples but looks nice and radiant with makeup on. You know, I'm just wondering with all the money these celebs earn I've always thought they'd have flawless radiant skin as they'd be able to afford any amazing expensive skincare products and facials.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've always thought that Jennifer Lopez has great skin.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Cate Blanchett for me! Airbrushed or not, she always looks flawless.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
J.Lo seems to always look flawless, with or without makeup. But that woman uses such expensive skincare!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Belle wrote:
Cate Blanchett for me! Airbrushed or not, she always looks flawless.

She is exactly who I was thinking of.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I recently read an article where someone said that Angelina Jolie looked just as good without makeup and that the makeup she does wear is very minimal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I recently read an article where someone said that Angelina Jolie looked just as good without makeup and that the makeup she does wear is very minimal.

Yeah I read about that too that when she visit poor countries she wear minimal makeup. I read in Cleo magazine that she loves La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream which makes me dying to try it at the moment. However, I read in Marie Claire the other day that compared to Eva Longoria (who is the same age, 31), Angelina Jolie looks much older. Hmmm....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:

I read that too! I believe she wasn't wearing makeup in those people magazine spreads when she first had her baby, she looked flawless, as usual. I heard a person interviewing her say that he's never seen such perfect skin.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
It's all that blood, brother spit, and Billy Bob sex oil.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:

rofl Exactly what I thought!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
LOL....

Hey whatever works ! Wink
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
edenfield wrote:

Oh I thought it was the excitement of being a home-wrecker that got her blood pumping, thereby increasing circulation, cell renewal and oxygenation of her skin?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
celebs that seem to have good skin are rachel leigh cook, scarlett johansson, jessica alba, and angelina jolie. besides looking pale without makeup, they all seem to have healthy skin.

i think it's hard for celebs to have good skin since their job requires them to be caked in makeup for so long. I have also heard that a lot of makeup artists are quite rough when applying cosmetics, so all the tugging and pulling can't be good for their skin either.

plus, seems a lot of them take drugs and party a lot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I agree about Cate Blanchett, JLO, etc. having beautiful skin. I also think Chalize Theron has gorgeous skin.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
charlize has acne and a lot of sun damage...
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
vonstella wrote:
edenfield wrote:

Oh I thought it was the excitement of being a home-wrecker that got her blood pumping, thereby increasing circulation, cell renewal and oxygenation of her skin?

Or that too! Bad Grin

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think Leelee Sobiski has beautiful skin, Liv Tyler too.

PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
You're kidding! I've never seen any sign of that.

And Liv Tyler--stunningly beautiful skin.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Quote:
You're kidding! I've never seen any sign of that.

Me either!

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |