Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Guerlain Meteorites Powder balls - anyone tried them?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Have been considering treating myself to Guerlain Meteorites Powder, the one with the different colour balls that all do different things for your makeup. They seem to be hard to find, all different colours and different sizes/prices, it's confusing. Has anyone tried them? Worth buying?

Thank you
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I had never heard of this until you posted about it.
If you haven't yet, you should check out reviews on MUA:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=4930/Les_Meteorites_balls_powder/Guerlain/Highlighters/

Though they seem ridiculously hard to find...which will probably up the price on it. I found something, though this looks like a compact, going for 66 bucks and counting on ebay. It looks a lot like a Physicians Formula product (though not as fancy a case) you can get at the drugstore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Foley's with the intention of buying this product. The 2 S/A's kept "showing" me how great it looked, etc. And, I tried to believe it. But, I finally had to say, I couldn't tell any difference. Then, one S/A told me a Clinique product she actually prefers, and walked me over to the Clinique counter and made me a sample of Glow. I loved it. No shimmery or sparkly, just glowy. It was my fave (only Clinique I've ever liked) until I tried CareKate's Silk Dust.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this product years ago when it first came out and still have it Shock Actually until you reminded me SarahB, I'd forgotten all about it, so I must resurrect it again. Like I said, its been years, but I used it prior to discovering MMU and applied it over my foundation and from memory I really liked it compared with powder - more natural and not as cakey.
Must give it a try with my minerals though (assuming it hasn't gone moldy!).
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I tried and actually like it. I only use it as a setting powder if I only want a super sheer coverage after cream foundation.

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:58 am      Reply with quote
if you're interested in trying these, you should be on the look out for a 3-pack special they've had for a while. it comes with a smaller version of Mythic (the classic one), Beige Chic, and Pink Fresh. i do have these and like them but am usually too lazy to apply them. if you put it on, it really does impart a special something that is especially evident in pictures -- great for the holidays and special events. (the MUS link that Paris gave you is really the best for reviews.)

however, i got the new one for Christmas 2006 and am using it as a blush and loving it! i kind of wish i had sprung for the compact as the colour is more intense, but it was just way too much $$$.

ETA: you use these *after* applying your normal powder and it takes a bit to set and meld into your skin (maybe help along with a spritz?). after that, it just adds a subtle glow.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi

You say you apply powder and then the Meteorites? They don't take the place of powder? Do you then use blush over the top or does it double as a blush as well? There seems to be so many different types and shades but it does seem a bit pricey.

Maybe I'm falling in love with the packaging rather than the item. Fatal mistake!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:45 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
You say you apply powder and then the Meteorites? They don't take the place of powder? Do you then use blush over the top or does it double as a blush as well? There seems to be so many different types and shades but it does seem a bit pricey.

Maybe I'm falling in love with the packaging rather than the item. Fatal mistake!

if you use MMU or a powdery foundation, you wouldn't need to use anything but the meteorites to set it probably. as i use a light liquid foundation, i need to set it with powder (CDP) or it wouldn't last through to afternoon. meteorites also does diddly for facial oil.... think of the basic powders as highlighters and you'll be much happier. it kind of adds a kiss of light (or shine or glow) to wherever you apply it. the standard one, Mythic, has some green balls in it which will help neutralize some redness on the face so it does kind of normalise the tone as well.... there are a zillion products that do this sort of thing so it's really a trial by error. if you can get the little 3 pack or perhaps a small cannister of the Mythic if you can't get into a store that has it -- well, that would be my recommendation. this is not a MUST have product IMO.

the one that i have (i'm pale), Perle de Velours (and for some *really* pale gals, the Pink Fresh), can work as a blush. if you have darker skin, i imagine it would give a really healthy sun-kissed overall look. like i said, these are not must have products. they are fun, though, and i'm loving this colour as a subtle blush/flush. i've gone through zillions of colours and this colour just seems to hit it right for me.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks la vie en rose, if it's not a must have item then maybe I'll save my money, especially if it doesn't do anything to help oily skin. Cheers. I'll scrub that one off my hubby's Christmas list. Wink
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:13 am      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
The 2 S/A's kept "showing" me how great it looked, etc.

It always cracks me up when that happens. You try so hard to see the "amazing" difference they point out to you, but it looks exactly the same as before! Laughing
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
A have a few of these (Beige Chic, Pink Fresh, Mythic etc... Embarassed). I used to be obsessed with them simply because they look soooo *pretty* Razz They do add a bit of a nice glow to the complexion & I find them less drying than the average face powder. But I can't justify the RRP of $115 in Australia Rolling Eyes, so if I think I really desperately need another one I might get it off ebay! Wink
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I have Winter Radiance (the compact), it was one of the Christmas limited editions. It's similar to mythic except more pastel with shimmer. Someone described it on MUA really well as being a clash between Mythic and Smashbox's Halo. I like it but I only use it on special occasions or when I feel like I want to look brighter and with more glow. It's totally not shimmery like other highlighters can be but gives me a natural subtle glow. However if you have darker skin this one might not be for you because it might go on a bit white if you accidentally use too much. To be honest though I did buy this due to how BEAUTIFUL the packaging of this one is and the hype. My other really lemming packaging is the Midnight Diamond compact and was close to getting it until my bf stopped me and told me I don't need 2.

I also tried Pink Fresh - which I wouldn't get it as a blush just because there are sooo many cheaper blushes out there. I honestly can't imagine anyone using this full face (even those with dark skin) as I think it would make anyone look sunburned. I think as a blush I do prefer Perles de Velour even though I think the packaging of that one is sort of ugly. It will last you forever though if you're only using it as a blush.

Beige Chic also didn't work for me, it ended up giving my NC20 skin a dirty shimmery look. However I do see this working with a lot of other skin tones to make you look sunkissed as the balls are more goldy/bronzy.

In conclusion I would repurchase - the balls but not the compact if they come out with colours I might like. I don't have mythic but not sure if I'd rather get that or the CdP loose powder. I'm also sort of lemming for the new Pouder C'est Moi compact - wonder how it compares to CdP.

Basically this is mostly a hyped up product, there are cheaper highlighters out there. And the voyage compacts are WAY too expensive - but the balls are actually decently priced. I agree with La Vie en Rose about the 3-pack because you won't notice the difference if you just go to the counter and try it on your hand.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Love the Pink Fresh use it every day...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
That compact is absolutely gorgeous...!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Also have the meteorites compact the millenium edition one, it's pink with 2000 in hologram on the edge. I've been using it since 2000 and was thinking to get another meteorites compact to save this one, I think they would be a nice thing to collect...will try and post a picture of my millenium compact, never posted a picture so it might not work....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Sad thing for me is...I'd buy the compact version just for the compact...which is (from what I found) twice as much as the powder that comes in ball form in the canister.

I need therapy! Ahhh!!!

I find myself wanting this solely for the beautiful compact. NO. No...must...resist....
thinking of lollypops, roses, fields of clover, sunshine, rainbows...rainbows of pressed powder in golden enameled compact...

AHHH!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I've used Mythic, Pink Fresh and Beige Chic and am not super impressed. I think the beautiful, luxe packaging/product and price sorta fool you into thinking these are better than they are.

Mythic added a sprinkling of silvery microshimmer to my face, and I didn't notice it evening out my complexion or anything at all. If you rub the individual balls onto your skin, you'll notice that there's not much of a difference in color, so I don't know how any of them are supposed to "correct" skintone.

Anyway, I then got Beige Chic, thinking that it'd be more appropriate for my skintone (light, yellow undertones), and I am marginally happier with this one, but it still only adds a bit of gold microshimmer to my skin without any of the magical airbrushing effect that people have raved over. Pink Fresh did the same, but also adds a hint of pink too.

Overall, these are a cute idea (though the balls will go all over the place if you're not careful) but very expensive for the effect. Plus, I'm not a fan of walking around with glitter on my face, no matter how fine. I prefer Armani's liquid luminizers and Becca's Pressed Shimmer powders.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
a ha - not that easy to put pici's on, still working on it...!![/img]

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
You need to make sure the picture has a URL address (to post it on the forum). If you've taken the picture yourself you've got to "put it online" so to speak. You aren't able to post it from your computer. I use Photobucket.com for mind (did that with the Sephora blockbuster palette).

Then you can copy and past the URL between these two brackets (Photobucket is awesome because it gives you the URL after you upload a photo, you don't have to sit and figure it out):

[img] URL goes here without spaces [/img]

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Cotcha, thanks a lot for that...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/naomim_03/Compact.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/naomim_03/Compactside.jpg

Had to use my mobile phone to take the picci's my digi cam batteries need charging...

Hope you like it, it's my fav compact ever...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
The hologram on the side isn't very clear...sorry folks...this was the best shot I could get took a few...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have them I really like them, I use them as a finishing powder, gives a glowy look, hths. Very Happy
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I love them, they are so pretty and give a nice finishing too Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Sad thing for me is...I'd buy the compact version just for the compact...which is (from what I found) twice as much as the powder that comes in ball form in the canister.

I need therapy! Ahhh!!!

I find myself wanting this solely for the beautiful compact. NO. No...must...resist....
thinking of lollypops, roses, fields of clover, sunshine, rainbows...rainbows of pressed powder in golden enameled compact...

AHHH!!!!

I caved and bought the Meteorites (Mystic) in the canister from Sephora in Union Square NYC. I ADORE THEM! I love them so much I went to the local Guerlain counter yesterday and walked away with a regular pressed powder (Les Voilettes Pressed Powder for the Face, beautiful gold compact, but not refillable), Meteorites Pearly Touch (cool applicator! Looks amazing on!), and a Divinora curling mascara (I love this mascara).

I tell you I stood at that counter for 45 minutes trying to decide if I should just bite it and get that compact (instead of the three other items I bought) because I really love the design and the Meteorites in the canister just don't travel well. It's sooo pretty. But what I decided was I would try their regular pressed powder and the Pearly touch...I went out last night and was not disappointed!

The one thing is if I use the Pearly Touch, I won't wear shimmery eyeshadow. It would be too much shimmer. Luckily I ordered five minis from Everyday Minerals to create a wonderful smokey eye (bought a yellow color, olive color, light grey, white, and dark smokey grey...but none were shimmer) and it looked wonderful in combination with the glow you get from the Meteorites Pearly Touch. And the pressed powder was divine. With a dusting of the Pearly Touch on my cheeks, it was great!

But I still want that Meteorites compact! Maybe once I get my full time job and work for awhile, it'll be a "Happy Six months at your job" gift to myself...actually it SHOULD be more like a "Happy Tenth year at your job!" gift when I'm 37 considering how pricey it is. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Emilio Pucci Meteorites in duty free last week, cost me £25.50 for the 33g size. Not sure if it's available over the counter everywhere as it's a limited edition design by Pucci. That was the main reason I bought it, have only used it once and the colour is very subtle but I need another blush brush to apply it with.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |