Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MultiVitamin for Healthy Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone here take a multivitamin for healthy skin? I found this and would like to know if anyone takes it.

NSI Healthy Skin Version 2
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Healthy-Skin-Version-2

Quote:
Take care of your skin from the inside out! NSI Healthy Skin is an advanced skin care supplement formula. This is a specially formulated combination of the optimal amounts, forms and ratios of powerful antioxidants, vitamins and amino acids.

Not only do these nutrients nourish your skin with free radical fighting antioxidants, they provide benefits to promote better health overall. Ascorbyl Palmitate (C-Ester) and calcium ascorbate (Ester-C®) combined provide both water and fat soluble vitamin C protection from free radicals, and also provides anti-inflammatory benefits. Vitamin C is needed to form healthy collagen, the primary supporting structure of the skin and arteries. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), alpha lipoic acid, L-carnitine and acetyl l-carnitine provide a powerful combination of both protective antioxidants and nutrients to power the Kreb's cycle (the body's energy source). DMAE is included for skin tone and firmness and enhances access of vitamin C-Ester and alpha lipoic acid. Grape seed (ActiVin® is a superior form) and pine bark extracts are antioxidants that block key enzymes that breakdown collagen. L-Glutamine is an amino acid that is associated with enhancing immune function, aiding in reducing fatigue, preserving muscle tissue, increasing exercise endurance, anti-inflammation and other functions.

Would a regular multivitamin work just the same? Like this i.e.
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Synergy-Basic-Multi-Vitamin-Version-2
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Don't found it
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
Does anyone here take a multivitamin for healthy skin? I found this and would like to know if anyone takes it.

NSI Healthy Skin Version 2
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Healthy-Skin-Version-2

Quote:
Take care of your skin from the inside out! NSI Healthy Skin is an advanced skin care supplement formula. This is a specially formulated combination of the optimal amounts, forms and ratios of powerful antioxidants, vitamins and amino acids.

Not only do these nutrients nourish your skin with free radical fighting antioxidants, they provide benefits to promote better health overall. Ascorbyl Palmitate (C-Ester) and calcium ascorbate (Ester-C®) combined provide both water and fat soluble vitamin C protection from free radicals, and also provides anti-inflammatory benefits. Vitamin C is needed to form healthy collagen, the primary supporting structure of the skin and arteries. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), alpha lipoic acid, L-carnitine and acetyl l-carnitine provide a powerful combination of both protective antioxidants and nutrients to power the Kreb's cycle (the body's energy source). DMAE is included for skin tone and firmness and enhances access of vitamin C-Ester and alpha lipoic acid. Grape seed (ActiVin® is a superior form) and pine bark extracts are antioxidants that block key enzymes that breakdown collagen. L-Glutamine is an amino acid that is associated with enhancing immune function, aiding in reducing fatigue, preserving muscle tissue, increasing exercise endurance, anti-inflammation and other functions.

Would a regular multivitamin work just the same? Like this i.e.
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Synergy-Basic-Multi-Vitamin-Version-2

If you are looking for a supplement just for your skin then the first one would be ideal as it contains larger amounts of COQ10 and ALA as well as DMAE.
Be careful with the multivitamin as it has a large amount of Vit A which is not recommended for anyone thinking of becoming pregnant. If that is not of a concern to you then it would be ok.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't take a multivitamin for the skin but I do take Kriaxanthin, which is the most potent antioxident.
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I personally recommend two from vitacost NSI Cardiolift Multi-Vitamin Version 5 and NSI Synergy Energy Multi-Vitamin Version 2 I have used both of these vitamins. Both very good multivitamins for overall health. I would purchase separate individual supplements for specific skin problems once I took a multivitamin. Greg
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking the Jan Marini C-Estamins for a little over a month and am quite pleased. In addition to looking better (definitely plumper lips from the HA and collagen!), I honestly feel better since I have been taking them. I was taking regular multis before, big difference between ordinary multis and the Jan Marini vitamins.

Here is the ingredient list from the label:

Vitamin A (as acetate) 5000 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 500 mg
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 200 IU
Vitamin B-1 (as thiamine mononitrate) 15 mg
Vitamin B-2 (as riboflavin) 10 mg
Vitamin B-3 (as niacinamide) 50 mg
Vitamin B-6 (from pyridoxine hydrochlorate) 10 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 10 mcg
Biotin 200 mcg
Vitamin B-5 (as d-calcium pantothenate) 25 mg
Calcium (as calcium phosphate) 445 mg
Zinc (as zinc picolinate) 2 mg
Selenium (as sodium selenite) 50 mcg
Bio-Cell Collagen II 2000 mg: Hydrolyzed Collagen type II 1200 mg, Chondroitin Sulfate 400 mg, Hyaluronic Acid 200 mg
Grape Seed Extract 15.79 mg: 15 mg proanthocyanidins
Ascorbyl Palmitate 250 mg
Carotenoids Complex 5 mg
Evening Primrose Oil 67.5 mg
CoEnzyme Q10 30 mg
Idebenone 10 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 50 mg
Glucosamine Sulfate 100 mg

They're available here at EDS.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jan-marini-c-estamins-p_1683.htm

Edited to add: I also take silica supplements for my hair, no silica in the JM formula.
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
How big are the NSI and the jan marini vitamins? I hate trying to swallow big pills.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
In addition to taking a ton of vitamins I also takes 3 tablespoons of brewers yeast,3 tablespoons of lecition ,I shake it together and drink it(holding my nose of course!) I also take a scoop of protein whey shake pr day.I have been told drinking all of this is really really good for your skin thats why I do it,it does seem to help.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm taking ACE and CO Q10 from Blackmores. They're the only decent ones I can find in Thailand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I hate taking big pills and I swear my skin looks better since I started taking Emergen-C. You just mix it w/ water and one packet contains 1000 mg vitamin C plus a good amount of B vitamins and a bunch of other stuff. I love it!
grhawk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
tweety wrote:
How big are the NSI and the jan marini vitamins? I hate trying to swallow big pills.

All NSI vitamins are capsules. These are not real big.Greg
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
eSquire415, what are your skin issues? I have acne so my Naturopathic Doctor recommended that that I take Vitamin A (A-Mulsion by Genestra) and Zinc (Zinc Citrate by Natural Factors). I also take Cod Liver Oil by Nordic Naturals. They've really helped my skin (along with some certain skin care products Laughing ).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Not specifically for skin, but to keep healthy, 6 days a week, rest on the 7th.

Vitamin C
Silica
Rutin
Spirulina

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
My Mum has gone nuts over these tablets for skin and hair the last 6 months and all her friends have...she says they are great, personally haven't tried them.

http://www.nourella.co.uk/Scripts/default.asp?campaign=af&campaign=af

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
tweety wrote:

Sorry I did not see this until just now. The JM vitamins come in a packet of 5 different shaped pills, you take 5 pills a day. They are oval pills about the size of a capsule, some a bit larger. I would not call them horse pills like some other vitamins I have taken, but they're not small either.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Emergen-C, too. One thing to be careful of, though, is that it is hard on tooth enamel. Be sure to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth a half hour after drinking it.

Bunny7475 wrote:
I hate taking big pills and I swear my skin looks better since I started taking Emergen-C. You just mix it w/ water and one packet contains 1000 mg vitamin C plus a good amount of B vitamins and a bunch of other stuff. I love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Bump,

Wondered what people think of this multi:

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Synergy-Womens-Multi-Vitamin-Version-4

Contains loads of goodies but the serving size is 8 per day! Blleeggghh

Currently taking a multi from Metagenics but I need to supplement a lot of additional stuff - so, in the end number of pills may be equal.

Also, had a question whether to go for the one with or without iron. I'm in my mid-thirties and am a meat eater! (Love steaks, yum), so I was thinking of the one w/o iron also as there's a report that it may be linked with acne. Haven't checked this claim though.

TIA
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I take Vitamin E, grape seed extract, and Vit B complex occassionally, so far so good.

My mom has been taking Vit E for many years. She looks like 5+ at her 68.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Just throwing this back on top in the hope someone has something to say about the NSI multi.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
i want to ask do you know which vitamin are you lack of.
if you do not know, you just eat the vitamin a/b/c/e...., the supplement will be excess, will it do harm to our body? Confused
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
yes i also heard that taking excess vitamins is a harm to the body.

saying that my mum takes one multi-vit everyday and from her skin, i cant really say that it looks any better than before
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking the JM C-Estamins for a couple of weeks. I can take the entire packet at once. Are ya'll impressed? You would be if you saw those things. I think at least 2 of the 5 are really big and I also hate big pills. I don't see any difference in my skin or hair but the JM rep told me that that bottom of her feet have gotten very smooth. LOL!!! I want to look better more than I want smooth heels even though they sure need a lot of help. It's really too early to tell if they will help me or not.

I know what you mean about those news reports. Ie., people who take vitamins don't live as long. Geesh, makes you wonder what to do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I noticed that the JM vitamins didn't list vitamin D. My doctor told me last week that b/c we are all protecting our skin so well with s/s, we need to make sure we are getting vitamin D from supplements.

The current FDA guidelines list the requirements at 400 ("units" - I forget what the measurement is for vit D Rolling Eyes ). However, she said in the near future they are going to change it to 1000. Just FYI.

I recently read or saw someplace what problem vit D deficiency can cause but darn if I can remember now - just know it was a negative. I guess I'm not awake yet Embarassed

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

saying that my mum takes one multi-vit everyday and from her skin, i cant really say that it looks any better than before

o?
my mom have buy multi-vitamin for me, but i always forget to eat! Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

o?
my mom have buy multi-vitamin for me, but i always forget to eat! Embarassed

I think you need to be careful with Vit A because it is stored in the liver and you really don't need too much of it.

For memory you could try gingko biloba Helen. I find it very useful for studying (when I remember to take it...vicious circle there!)

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |