Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Any ideas for TV DVD series?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
My husband works crazy hours & we were missing so many tv shows that we just started buying them on DVD to watch "whenever".
Our favourites are drama series with "cliffhanger" type endings. We have the whole of the Sopranos, 24, West Wing, Lost. Since the West Wing has ended we want at least one replacement, preferably more if we find some that we like.
I'm hoping that someone has suggestions for some new (or not so new) really good shows! Thank you!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Ruth I'd highly recommend Prime Suspect. Its a British crime drama with Helen Mirren, very gritty and fantastic acting.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend the series titled, "24" starring Keifer Sutherland! If you like cliffhanger endings then this one is for you! I watched many seasons of this one on DVD and I found it IMPOSSIBLE to stop watching....I just loved it!!! More quirky, yet excellent options are "Dead Like Me" and "Six Feet Under" but by far 24 would be my first choice!!!
Enjoy!
Pudoodles Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I highly recommend the series titled, "24" starring Keifer Sutherland! If you like cliffhanger endings then this one is for you! I watched many seasons of this one on DVD and I found it IMPOSSIBLE to stop watching....I just loved it!!! More quirky, yet excellent options are "Dead Like Me" and "Six Feet Under" but by far 24 would be my first choice!!!
Enjoy!
Pudoodles Very Happy

OMG! I love Dead Like Me - didn't think anyone even knew about it. Smile It's my Saturday fun indulgence along w/Eastenders.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Enjoy!
Pudoodles Very Happy

OMG! I love Dead Like Me - didn't think anyone even knew about it. Smile It's my Saturday fun indulgence along w/Eastenders.

OMG - no way!!! I thought that nobody watched it and that the first post I'd get back is 'What the heck is Dead Like Me?" YAY scalawaggirl!!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I don't have suggestions on series, but I was going to suggest renting them through Blockbuster online or Netflix if that's available where you live -- instead of buying them. Also, I am taking notes on the suggestions you get, so that I can look into renting them at some point, if they ae available for rental.
littlescooby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ruth

I can recommend 'Vincent' (starring Ray Winstone) The second series finished recently so series 1&2 are now available to buy as a boxset.
It is basically a (UK) crime drama set within a private investigator's office (which if you like police dramas I am sure you will love this - as it makes a good chance to have crime set in an alternative location to a police station ! )

Each episode is 90 mins long - the case being resolved within the 90 mins, so no cliffhangers here.

However if you are your husband enjoy crime type dramas, then I am sure you will love this. Ray Winstone is superb as Vincent.

Incidentally my step dad loved 24, the sopranos, prison break and lost....and he throughly recommends Vincent (having never missed an episode !) Smile
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I also love "Dead Like Me". If I had to sum up my personality I would say I am a lot like George (although luckily I'm alive). I was mildly obsessed w/ it before I started watching "Six Feet Under". OMG, I love that show. It's not for everybody, but I find it to be one of the most thoughtful, well-acted shows ever. I just bought the boxed set for myself for Christmas - it was half off at Costco, I couldn't resist.

Oh, and "MI-5" is great too - lots of action and cliff hangers. It's in the same genre as James Bond and "24".
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
"Six Feet Under" is by far the most amazing series I have ever seen. It doesn't have your "24" style cliffhanger endings, but you'll definitely be hooked. Smile
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
"Six Feet Under" is by far the most amazing series I have ever seen. It doesn't have your "24" style cliffhanger endings, but you'll definitely be hooked. Smile

Seconded!!!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
My husband has bought me the box set of "Pie in the Sky" for Chrissie.
It's an Enlish program about a policeman who opens a restaurant.
It is very English.
Razz
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
Shawna wrote:

Seconded!!!

Thirded! One of my all-time favorites! When I watched the series finale I was actually depressed! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I second (or by now, third or fourth!) suggestions on two of my favs - "Dead Like Me" and "Six Feet Under." GREAT shows!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
"The Supernatural" is such an awesome show if you like stories about ghosts, demons and stuff. It is actually the only show I watch each week. It's in its second season and is even more awesome. The actors are also very good looking and are good actors too! Laughing

I have season 1 on dvd and have been getting my boyfriend into it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another vote for "Six Feet Under"!
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who came of age in the U.S. during the late 70s or early 80s, Freaks and Geeks is really entertaining.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Wow - lots of good input.
We tried Six Feet Under & my husband didn't care for it but I really liked it. This one obviously deserves another chance. I hadn't heard of Dead Like Me but that also sounds like another to look into. Prison Break was on my list due to the continuing subject matter. My son bought us year one of Huff. He said that Blythe Danner is excellent in it. Again my husband nixed it. (he sounds pretty narrow minded - he isn't, he's just in a rut, I guess Laughing )
I love the UK ones too - what about the Davers/Linley series. Are they of a good quality?
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Amazon.ca here I come. Let's see....MI5 & Vincent...sound good too....
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if "MI5" might be what we call "Spooks" over here? The one with the British secret agents? If so, it seems terribly unrealistic, but is cracking to watch! Love it! Gorgeous actors, too.

Ooooh, just thought of another one. It's from a few years back, though, and I'm not sure whether you'd be able to get it in the US. A British series called "Ultraviolet". It was based around a secret organisation with links to the Catholic Church who fight against vampires. The plot lines are superb and very thought-provoking. You're often left to decide for yourself who's right and who's wrong. Nothing is clearly defined, just like in real life.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I love crime dramas - Taggart is my absolute favourite (being Scottish) although a lot of the earlier stuff has never made it to dvd Sad . Dalziel & Pascoe is good too, and don't get me started on Poirot and Miss Marple. Fab stuff!!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Prison Break yet--- it totally has me and my husband on the edge of our seat at the end of every episode. Very entertaining, very suspenseful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I love crime dramas - Taggart is my absolute favourite (being Scottish) although a lot of the earlier stuff has never made it to dvd Sad . Dalziel & Pascoe is good too, and don't get me started on Poirot and Miss Marple. Fab stuff!!

OMG, I thought I was the only one who watched those old English mysteries! Laughing My Mother and I are addicted! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
i second prison break! love michael scofield. my hubby and i also watch a lot of tv. we like prison break more than 24.

i've watched a few seasons of nip tuck, but i don't think it's for everybody since it's pretty dark and quite graphic.

make sure you buy heroes when it comes out next year. i'm currently addicted to it.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:01 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
OMG, I thought I was the only one who watched those old English mysteries! Laughing My Mother and I are addicted! Embarassed

Nope, there's at least one more out here - I'm completely hooked too! While I was out of the UK I used to love it when they showed some of the British crime dramas on A&E, and have overdosed on them since I came back Laughing .
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I love David Suchet as Poirot - he is exactly as Agatha Christie made him in my mind as I read the books growing up.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I love David Suchet as Poirot - he is exactly as Agatha Christie made him in my mind as I read the books growing up.

David Suchet is awsome. You read the books too? I also read them all growing up, and Miss Marple was one of my favorites! Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |