Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is it about Sisley products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I have just been given a bunch of samples of Sisley products and after trying them all for a week, I have to say, that my skin looks fantastic. I was most surprised by this because when I look at the ingredient lists it just looks like a few natural ingredients mixed with shea butter, mineral oil and several synthetic preservatives.

The Intensive Day Cream left my skin looking smooth and revitalized while the Express Flower Mask instanly perked up my tired looking skin and reduced fine lines. Has anyone here had good experiences with these products? Has anyone had facials with Sisley or do you have any ideas about what makes this range special? The website tells me they use the highest quality ingredients... I also tried their Sisleya Hand Cream and my dry winter hands look ten years younger now. Let me know what you think.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
haven't tried those, i only use the Botanical Facial Mask with Linden Blossoms ... it left my face clean, smooth with no drying.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried any of those either, only Botanical Buffing Cream (which I thought was so-so and still have it in my cabinet), Sisleya Global Anti-Age (didn't do anything for my skin though I only used it at night...a good moisturizer, but not worth the price I think), lip and eye gel (nice texture,but not very light and didn't do anything at all for my dark circles), lip balm (chapped my lips), and lip gloss (which I really like). So far I haven't had a good experience with Sisley, but a friend of mine uses the collagen cream and thinks it's great. I've heard the Elixir treatment is fab, but it's sooooo expensive!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine also uses the Sisleya Elixir and I always seem to compliment her on her skin when she is using it (it is used three or four times a year). I am curious about the Ecological Compound and the All Day All Year daily moisturiser with sunscreen.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want to try them as they are very expensive and my skin might fall in love.
Very Happy
I am also very happy wth my current skincare products.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
I have just been given a bunch of samples of Sisley products and after trying them all for a week, I have to say, that my skin looks fantastic. I was most surprised by this because when I look at the ingredient lists it just looks like a few natural ingredients mixed with shea butter, mineral oil and several synthetic preservatives.

The Intensive Day Cream left my skin looking smooth and revitalized while the Express Flower Mask instanly perked up my tired looking skin and reduced fine lines. Has anyone here had good experiences with these products? Has anyone had facials with Sisley or do you have any ideas about what makes this range special? The website tells me they use the highest quality ingredients... I also tried their Sisleya Hand Cream and my dry winter hands look ten years younger now. Let me know what you think.

This is the reason why I did not invest in Sisley...it has too many pore clogging ingredients.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I agree, when I look at the ingredients I am really not impressed. As well as pore clogging ingredients it also contains so many chemical preservatives, all the parabens and triethanolamine too... I should probably get over this interest, but then again; my skin has improved after just a week...
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the ecological compound a few years ago and my skin ended up blocked pores etc...the flower mask is nice. But as these were the only two products I tried and given the price I was put off and have never bought sisley products

Amazing how different things suit different people...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am still using Sisley(Sisleya) eye cream. The result is pretty good but it is too expensive and I may search for another brand with the same result at EDS.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I used Sisley eye gel many years ago. It was fabulous. Love it, if it is not so expensive.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
A friend of mine also uses the Sisleya Elixir and I always seem to compliment her on her skin when she is using it (it is used three or four times a year). I am curious about the Ecological Compound and the All Day All Year daily moisturiser with sunscreen.

3-4 times a year is a very steep price for the Elixir as it's so darn expensive here! Oh I forgot to mention I've also tried the Ecological Compound. I didn't quite get it. It could be used as a treatment or a moisturizer. I had combo oily skin at the time so I just used it as a moisturizer. I thought it was ok, not special about it. I was told by my friend (who's a Sisley fan) that unlike other high end products, Sisley doesn't give an immediate/quick result. I'm rather impatient so Sisley isn't for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I remember when I first tried Sisley I absolutely loved the products, so I rushed out spent a whole lot of money & virtually bought the whole range! Yes a lot of their products are amazing, but my skin *luckily* can't tolerate all that mineral oil, alcohol, parabens etc anymore & now I find the majority of the products give me horrible breakouts. Sad I much prefer products from Dr H etc nowadays.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
happened to me too. spent near to thousand dollars on the full range and ended up with clogged pores. Crying or Very sad but love the scents of the products thou, really hope that the ingredients in the products are more "friendly" to my skin.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:14 am      Reply with quote
the shea butter in many their face products (including their absolutely cosmetically divine SS) unfortunately broke me out. if i could have stuck with the whole line, i would have.... that said, i still use and swear by their foul-smelling (according to BF) Botanical Night Complex when i get my period. it really, really helps clear and clarify the skin. in the winter, i use the Confort Extreme Day Creme over it. these have lasted me over a year (and still counting) as i only use them that time of month after using them for a few weeks initially to regulate my skin to a new clime when i moved to france.

the unsung hero of Sisley, IMO, are their lipsticks. absolutely amazing! long wearing yet moisturising and leave a beautiful stain behind (L24 used to go on everyday, but i've recently started using L20). i use these as a base everyday after my Guerlain LipLift even if i use another lippie over. also, their new mascara is pretty wonderful as well.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I am combination skin, and have got pimples on my T-zone when I use sisley skin care. Be careful of them Sad
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin - Which Sisley hand cream did you try? They offer more than one.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All

Re Sisely, just to add a comment or two. Have used them exclusively bar the last few months, since '89 and love them. What I found to be very important is the quality of advice you receive from sales people.

Some might find the line a little complicated cuz they encourage constant vigilance of yr skin & changing yr routine to respond to these changes. But DR H's line, & maybe other natural lines do as well(I have no experience with these other lines but am making an assumption here).

What was key for me in using this very xpensive line for so long was not only the immediate results I got but probably more importantly was the wonderful assistance from the sales associate at Holt Renfrew here in Cda. I think w/out her guidance, I would have been lost with this line. IMO think it's important to have good guidance when using this line. The products are rich and a heavy hand shld be avoided. I still absolutely Ecological Emulsion & Botanical Night Complex.
Have tried La Mer & a few other high end lines but for me, Sisley and the qualilty of service were tops.

Since they do no marketing in the traditional sense their sales volumes
aren't as high as lines that do & perhaps their prices reflect that.

On the upside, I always rec'd very generous & numerous sample products - and still have a box full of them that will last for yrs (lovely treats).

After such a long time using Sisley, I felt my skin needed a change. Besides,I thot w/ so much new technology in skin care these days, there might be sg on the market that I could use that's less xpensive. That search led me to EDS so am now just starting to use other products.

Honestly, over the yrs, have spent mega $$$$$ on this line. Then again, I'm in my 60s and usually pass for 45 so maybe it has been worth it.

Whew! so much to say re Sisley....
Razz
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, forgot to concur with comment re Sisely's lipsticks.... GORGEOUS things they are. Totally soft, luxurious texture w/ just the right amount of shine. To die for...

And Botanical Tinted Moisturizers are fab too as are the concealers. BUT, IMO, everything centres around the Ecological Compound. It's a must have.

I know, I know...I still love this line.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Safire, Skinlover and Rainbowcheng, I have normal to combination skin and looking at the ingredients and your experience with the range, I am sure I would need to be very careful with these products and I can imagine I might get the same result as you did. My skin gets congested quite easily and the ingredients they use are known to be pore clogging.

M.april, the hand cream I tried was the Sisleya Hand Cream with SPF 10. It really transformed my hands over night and I had no reaction to the sunscreen.

La Vie En Rose, I am starting to understand what it is about Sisley after reading your post. You said it; the formulations are cosmetically divine. I am used to either thicker or more grainy all natural moisturizers, so I am sure this is why I loved trying these luxurious products so much.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies with clogged pores:

Your may be using too much of the product. Even after yrs of using Sisley, I frequently make this mistake and have the same problem. It's always cuz I'm using too much.

Like any other product, best to dampen skin before application. THis also helps reduce the amount of product used cuz it goes on so easily.

Because Sisley does not believe in applying chemicals to the skin, it may be more important for those of us w/ oilier complexions to use this line in conjunction w something like retin A. I found myself having to do that simply because S's products are quite rich.

In past few yrs, forgot that my oily T zone required little if any product & I did get clogged pores. 5 days of applying no product other than Ecological Compound for day & then Retin A in evenings have cleared up the problem.

Ecological Compound is a primer, so not too rich.

RE Night Complex fragrance, guess it's all a matter of taste ( or smell in this case) cuz I find it lovely. But I could never use it in conjunction w anythng else...would be too rich for my oilier skin. Two evenings of using it alone & my skin looks reborn.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks arya2, I know for myself that I am often making the mistake of applying too much product.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
RE Night Complex fragrance, guess it's all a matter of taste ( or smell in this case) cuz I find it lovely. But I could never use it in conjunction w anythng else...would be too rich for my oilier skin. Two evenings of using it alone & my skin looks reborn.

my boyfriend's the one who complains, not me. i kind of like it. and regardless of his delicate nose, i do use it monthly! the Confort on my cheeks is a necessity with it for me during the winter (just a little, as you say) because i use a glycolic plus retinol nightly the rest of the month. when i go all hormonal, my oilies go into overdrive as do the dry bits.

i've not tried the Ecological Compound, but am now intrigued. when my skin went mad after using the Reparatrice, i kind of shyed away from trying anything more.... and while the TM's are lovely, they are all too yellow for me. would the Ecological Compound work under anything?

Smoothskin -- i love you using the word "luxurious." IMO, Sisley is one of the tops in this! you just feel pampered using it! the trick is finding out what works for you and what doesn't. and, as arya2 stated, using much less of the product than you do with a lot of other brands (though they're so gorgeous you want to slather). it makes it much more economical than it looks.

oh, and one more thing. *if* your face can take shea and all the richness, Sisley's sunscreens IMO are the most cosmetically elegant of any i've tried. i will still use mine on occassion (even though it breaks me out) if it's a really important meeting but i know i'll be out in the sun a bit. this is a product that is totally worth the outrageous price and it upsets me to no end that i can't use it. (a close second is CDP primer, but that's only SPF22 rather than 40 and it breaks me out as well.)
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote

Quote:
i've not tried the Ecological Compound, but am now intrigued. when my skin went mad after using the Reparatrice, i kind of shyed away from trying anything more.... and while the TM's are lovely, they are all too yellow for me. would the Ecological Compound work under anything?

RE Ecological Compound or Émulsion écologique (am in Cda & more used to the Fr. names) I was always told it is a primer to be used under all the other products. A light application everywhere, even on eyes before anything else. When first using the line, I forgot this step & was unhappy with results. Checked w/ associate and was set straight. Was told it is the core of success of S's products.

And having read Tangal's informative post on wait times betw'n product applications, I realize I too probably don't wait long enough...always too hurried.

Worse still is that S's products are so "luxurious" (to me anyway) I just want to slather them on...feels gloriously decadent. But it's a no-no.

Re Réparatrice, how did you use it?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
Re Réparatrice, how did you use it?

no, i didn't slather it on. used it very frugally, as a matter of fact, because of the price (and i followed the instructions of the SA at Bon Marche). it's just that my face *hates* shea butter. if i use any product with it in my hair even i break out. i even have to be careful about lip products -- not to go outside the natural line.... so it wasn't really Sisley, just my sensitivities (though i allowed it to spook me for the longest time).
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
La vie en rose:

Sorry to hear about that. I've lived all my life w/ such INsensitive skin I have difficulties imagining how it must be like for you delicate skinned ladies.

My own skin just pours out oil, thankfully not as much as it used to, and my main problem is to keep it clear & refrain from treating it too roughly in clearing it.

Réparatrice I find wonderful after wind/winter weather/snow shovelling we endure here or too much sun in summer.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |