Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Organic Makeup Company foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased a (very) small bottle of the Organic Makeup Company's foundation in Ivory for $22CAD. It was a total dissapointment!

First off, the smell is enough to put you off (smells like there might be something wrong with it). The coverage is good enough, but it left an oily residue on my dry skin. It then proceeded to give me breakouts on my chin and a weird rash (which went away a few days after I stopped using it).

My search for the all-out best natural foundation continues, because this one was a huge dissapointment!!! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL, have you looked into mineral foundations yet? Many of them are very pure/natural, and they give good coverage while being good for your skin. Most of them sell samples sizes to try too--- you might want to looking into Everyday Minerals, Alima, Uglogirl, cory, meow, Larenim, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the experience but thanks for sharing this. I once looked into the Organic Makeup company because I thought it would be great to buy from and support a local company, but after looking at their products and ingredients and researching them a bit more I felt the line was a bit "cheap" and not the best quality. Your experience now confirms this for me.

You should really try Dr Hauschka. I've been using their makeup for going on 5 years now and am still in love with it and recommend it to everyone. Great natural coverage, not heavy at all, long staying, and excellent ingredients which actually help improve skin tone and texture.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
gottaHAVEitALL, have you looked into mineral foundations yet? Many of them are very pure/natural, and they give good coverage while being good for your skin. Most of them sell samples sizes to try too--- you might want to looking into Everyday Minerals, Alima, Uglogirl, cory, meow, Larenim, etc.

I have indeed looked into mineral makeup and ordered a sample kit of Afterglow Cosmetic's foundation (the kit also comes with a setting powder and 2 blushes). Can't wait for the postman to deliver! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
You should really try Dr Hauschka. I've been using their makeup for going on 5 years now and am still in love with it and recommend it to everyone. Great natural coverage, not heavy at all, long staying, and excellent ingredients which actually help improve skin tone and texture.

I actually went a bit crazy this weekend and pick up the foundation, concealer, lipstick and eye liner from my local health food store. So far so good, I'm loving each and every product (especially my #04 Novum Lipstick - WOW!). Thanks for the recommendation!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
I actually went a bit crazy this weekend and pick up the foundation, concealer, lipstick and eye liner from my local health food store. So far so good, I'm loving each and every product (especially my #04 Novum Lipstick - WOW!). Thanks for the recommendation!

LOL That's great. I'm sure you'll enjoy all your new goodies. I have every item you've mentioned including the same shade of lipstick. I LOVE them all! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
LOL That's great. I'm sure you'll enjoy all your new goodies. I have every item you've mentioned including the same shade of lipstick. I LOVE them all! Very Happy

I don't think I could quite relate to you just how much I love this lipstick. I have been on all-out search for the perfect shade (I'm very fair with dark hair) and the perfect consistency (very dry lips, chapping) of lipstick for a VERY long time. Well, the Dr. H Novum Lipstick is pretty much the HG for me! I just love it and can't wait to discover other Dr. H products (the sunscreen is fab too!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

I have indeed looked into mineral makeup and ordered a sample kit of Afterglow Cosmetic's foundation (the kit also comes with a setting powder and 2 blushes). Can't wait for the postman to deliver! Very Happy

Hi there. I was looking for a review of Afterglow's MMU.. how did you get on with the samples, gottaHAVEitALL? ~
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:

I don't think I could quite relate to you just how much I love this lipstick. I have been on all-out search for the perfect shade (I'm very fair with dark hair) and the perfect consistency (very dry lips, chapping) of lipstick for a VERY long time. Well, the Dr. H Novum Lipstick is pretty much the HG for me! I just love it and can't wait to discover other Dr. H products (the sunscreen is fab too!).

I also really like the Dr H Novum Lipsticks & the whole Dr H makeup range in general actually. But I just wish they would make a few lighter shades available for the foundations...the current one's are way to dark Sad
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the bronzing powder and blue mascara today at whole foods, love them both! The bronzer is great, very natural looking, and great knowing it's good for my skin. The mascara, even though blue, I did not think it looked blue on, although the light in my house is kind of dim, gonna try it again tomorrow.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |