Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone else frightened by the Burger King commercials?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
It's been bugging me since I saw the first ad from Crispin Porter + Bogusky ad agency. Supposedly the ad works ... which totally freaks me out.

I find nothing appealing about an oversized plastic head stalking me.

I put the Burger King commercials right there with the mutant rats commercial debacle from Quizno's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thats the beauty of them for me they are so freakin' creepy! Hilarious! I still dont like Burger King's food though! Embarassed

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
YES!!!!

I hate those! NO ONE in my house gets this but me. I complain often, and they make fun of me. But that darn plastic King is freaky! And If I saw him near my home and windows, I would not want a Hamburger - I would scream and call the cops!

Glad I am not alone. LOL

This to me is also along the same lines as the Quiznos "Sponge Monkey" - mutated rat things. I have never been back to Quiznos since they airred those....probably never will be.

Its just so wrong....
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
OMG...I swore I thought I was the only one. Especially the one where he just stands by the window in the morning and the guy wakes up to find him there. I'd wet my bed if that happened to me. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
HAHAHAHAAHAHHAA, I couldn't agree more!!! Although ever since there was that freaky commercial where the guy wakes up and finds "the king" next to him and the voiceover says "Wake up with the King," in the mornings DH has been looking over at me and saying "Wake up with the Queen," so I guess I can't complain, LOL!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
OMG...I swore I thought I was the only one. Especially the one where he just stands by the window in the morning and the guy wakes up to find him there. I'd wet my bed if that happened to me. Laughing

Yeah - This one is especially bad! If I saw that in the AM, I would be screaming. I have always had an "issue" seeing a "face" in a window. To many scary movies I guess. Smile

My Husband used to do things like tht as a joke (stand at a window, waiting for me to look up and be shocked) Until he released it was NOT fun for me at all.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
"Wake up with the Queen,"

OT: I belong to a dog nutrition/training board. One of the ladies has a few cool dog tricks:

'who's the queen?' - and her dog bows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lol!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
"Wake up with the Queen,"

OT: I belong to a dog nutrition/training board. One of the ladies has a few cool dog tricks:

'who's the queen?' - and her dog bows.

Very cool! LOL
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
ROFL Laughing Laughing Laughing I just had an image of the Burger "King" smashing around in a bumper car. LOL Too funny, but yeah, a little freaky as well. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That definitely one unappetizing plastic head! Everytime bf and I see the commercial, we discuss the head more than the food!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that that plastic faced king is creepy. Maybe they are trying to change their target market? Not going after little kids anymore but maybe teens who think stuff like that is cool? I don't know -- just guessing there.

Weird plastic king mascot aside, I love fast food and I wish I could eat a Whopper every day and not gain any weight! Bad Grin
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I agree that that plastic faced king is creepy. Maybe they are trying to change their target market?

The ad agency says that the plan was to renew interest in Burger King as a breakfast option (vs. McDonald's).

Hence the scenario, 'breakfast with the King' is supposed to make you want to 'wake up to Burger King' .... uh, no thanks. More like wake up to freaking screams.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Those commercials are really creepy! My SO is a huge video game fan, so when Burger King recently sold some XBOX games based on the commercial, he had to have them as a collector's item! One of the game is calling Sneak King, and that's what you literally do ... sneak around on the characters and try to surprise them with food! It's so silly! The other games are this bike racing game and bumper cards. Thank goodness they were only $4 each CDN. Maybe they'll be worth more money someday. Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I HATE THE BK KING!

He totally freaks me out...my husband knows it and laughs every time "the King" comes on the TV.

Now there's a bloody video game!

The stuff of nightmares I tell you! Laughing!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is hysterical. Laughing I hate that Burger King guy. He is so wrong on so many levels. He's right up there on my list of things that creep me out very close to where "clowns" are. I cannot watch the commercials either. Speaking of clowns, my oh so lovely husband once downloaded a ton a pictures of various clowns (one of them being that scary "It" clown) and taped them all over the house where I'd find them - i.e. when I lifted the toilet lid, my makeup mirror, my visor in my car, etc. He needs help.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:24 am      Reply with quote
What a weird coincidence! I just met the 'majority stockholder' from Quizno's (does that make him kind of like the owner?) and he told me that they got thousands of hate letters and emails about the Spongmonkeys!

Even though a lot of people hated them, their sales boomed! What sub sandwiches have to do with bugeyed rat critters I'll never know...

If you like them check out the website reallygood , com (it won't let me link because I'm new and might be trying to sell stuff)

Or check it out anyway, even if you hate them! Some other funny stuff there, too.

Turn down your computer volume and click on "We Like The Moon" on the list at the left.

The one "Looking For My Leopard" is much cuter, I think!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
... This to me is also along the same lines as the Quiznos "Sponge Monkey" - mutated rat things. I have never been back to Quiznos since they airred those....probably never will be.

Its just so wrong....

OMG! I also thought I was the only one who was just absolutely creeped out by the BK King - he makes my skin crawl, and NOT in the good way!

Tangal, I am SO with you on the Quiznos rats - I have not been back since the first time I saw those nasty @$$ commercials and that was YEARS ago! I could not get the vision of rats traipsing through the food out of my head!
heathercolorado wrote:
... I just met the 'majority stockholder' from Quizno's (does that make him kind of like the owner?) and he told me that they got thousands of hate letters and emails about the Spongmonkeys!

OK, gals, I have a confession to make! I've never written a letter of complaint to any manufacturer or company, but I sent the most scathing e-mail to Quiznos about their singing rat campaign! I told them that it was just too creepy for words and I was not the only person out of many of my friends that now associated Quiznos with rats and rat poop in the food! Yuck! Mad
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
This thread is hysterical. Laughing I hate that Burger King guy. He is so wrong on so many levels. He's right up there on my list of things that creep me out very close to where "clowns" are. I cannot watch the commercials either. Speaking of clowns, my oh so lovely husband once downloaded a ton a pictures of various clowns (one of them being that scary "It" clown) and taped them all over the house where I'd find them - i.e. when I lifted the toilet lid, my makeup mirror, my visor in my car, etc. He needs help.

Maria Laughing

really mean, but saddly funny also. LOL Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I don't like the Burger King commercials either. I think we women hate them because they are totally geared towards men. I mean, who here would actually eat something called a Meatnormous sandwich? For breakfast? Heart attack on a bun, anyone?

Furthermore, my boyfriend laughs like a fool at those BK commercials. Embarassed
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:

Maria Laughing

OMG ... clowns creep me out too. After Poltergeist and "It" ....

Okay, flash back to the 80's, working at a vet clinic. A few of us were huge Stephen King buffs and we were all reading "It". One vet and I were a chapter ahead of the other vet. Each morning, vet #1 and I would "plant" things around the office ... fake blood in the sink, etc. all based on what vet #2 would've read the night before.

Buwahahaha .... a minute of laughter, a lifetime of therapy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:

Maria Laughing

Shock

That is just pure evil! I'd be spitting in his food every time he looked away if my husband did that to me! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |