Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Adding collagen to DIY recipes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm about to embark on some DIY recipe making & am curious if anyone has ever added collagen to their own recipes.

Have spent hours perusing the DIY threads, looked at several DIY web sites and haven't seen the addition of collagen to anything as yet.

Am I missing something? Thought one of the key purposes of many products is to bump up collagen production. And recall the best microdermabrasion I had ended with the application of a high % collagen....skin was unbelievable afterwards.

Looking for answers from all you very knowledgable gals.

TIA Smile
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi arya2,

I do a fair bit of DIY ... and once upon a time I looked into collagen ... however, from my research it seemed clear that collagen applied topically has virtually no benefit.

What I gleaned from my research is that you have to encourage collagen formation [via Vitamin A ... BHA's etc].

So ... I suspect that while there are a lot of commercial creams that have collagen, it's more for marketing purposes than anything else.

Now ... my research may be in error ... that's certainly always possible ... but it's the reason I don't bother with collagen.

HTH

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with Mary. Though you can purchase Collagen, TPF carries it I know. Everything I've read has said the same, basically <I think> is the molecules are too large to be absorbed into the skin. Well, definitely the stuff we can buy, maybe the skincare big boys can get a special type Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Mary & Candy:

Thanks so much. I suspect you've got it right. Was told the collagen applied after my micro was from Murad. I was always so sleepy/dopey after the treatments, which included a massage, that I wasn't alert (or smart) enough to enquire into exact product.

That facility no longer exists so can't track down esthetician.

My skin was certainly incredible following those treatments.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Arya2

There are a variety of collagen masks that spas use, but most aestheticians will admit that its all the other stuff in the mask that produces the result. Numerous studies have shown that topically applied collagen is entirely ineffective. However, there are ALOT of actives that enhance collagen building. I think you're better off investing your $ on those!
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies:

Very helpful cuz I was about to buy it but couldn't find anything to explain adding it to recipes. Knew you gals would clear up the confusion.

Just checked out Murad's Age Diffusion Serum thinking this might be the product used on me. And your right, a huge bucketful of ingredients in it. Who could ever duplicate that in a DIY?! Certainly not this lady.

Thanks again Razz
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |