Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DERMAdoctor Picture Porefect Pore Minimizing Solution ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
NEW! Independent Clinical Study Results
An independent clinical study has shown using Picture Porefect results in statistically significant improvement in the size of pores on the face as measured by Hi-Scope® video microscopy between baseline and each post-application time interval (15 minutes post-application, Week 2, Week 4, Week 6 and Week Cool.

http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=852&WID=%7B41201AEF%2D20AD%2D4233%2D8E97%2DB3FF55896B8D%7D

I am surprise to find out that "DERMAdoctor Picture Porefect Pore Minimizing Solution " can
significant improvement in the size of pores.
I wonder how true is it ?

Has anybody ever tried this product? any feedback appreciated Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
... I am surprise to find out that "DERMAdoctor Picture Porefect Pore Minimizing Solution " can significant improvement in the size of pores. I wonder how true is it ?

Has anybody ever tried this product? any feedback appreciated Smile

No Lotus, I haven't tried it, but I WANT to! I saw the information on it on the DermaDoctor website and the before and after pictures (which looked quite good) and thought, "this is a must try product!"

Its on my list of things to buy, but something I don't plan on getting immediately. When I do, I will report back with my findings, but that won't be for a while.

I really hope it works! It has 49 reviews on MUA with a 73% would-buy-again rating, which is pretty darned good! http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=54649/Picture_Porefect_serum/DERMAdoctor/Treatments/
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Yes,Me too....

l just hope EDS will carry this product Very Happy
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lotus and Mermaid, I tried this product and was quite disappointed with it. I didn't find pores reduced in size at all. Fortunately, I bought it at Sephora. After I tried it for 5 weeks, was able to bring back the nearly empty bottle and get a full refund.

Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you, but I'm a little leery of claims to reduce pore size. From everything I've read, enlarged pores can't actually be reduced, only the appearance can be affected.

Beauty treatments/anti-aging serums, lifting creams - meet the 21st century equivalent of snake oil!

Razz

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I used to use this product--- I even went through two bottles of it! It definitely helped with minor acne and clogged pores, but I can't say whether it really helped or not with pore size. I don't use it any more, though--- for one thing, I've found products that work much better to keep my pores clear (when I was using this stuff it did help somewhat, but I could still squeeze all kinds of gunk out of my pores--- I can't do that anymore), and it also contains silicones which I'm trying to avoid as they clog my pores AND decrease the efficacy of my other productst. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I tried to use this product-it really did nothing to minimize pores-I stopped using it & then it separated so I just threw it out. I believe that dermadoctor sends out free samples(esp. of her own products) if you live in the states. She used to send to Canada as well. Dosen't hurt to ask.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
... I've found products that work much better to keep my pores clear (when I was using this stuff it did help somewhat, but I could still squeeze all kinds of gunk out of my pores--- I can't do that anymore) ...

Thanks Liz, Athena and Marina for your input - most appreciated.

Liz, DO tell what you are using that works better! I know you like BBS acne serum, but what else do you find that works better than this stuff by DermaDoctor? TIA! Very Happy

P.S. How is my new boyfriend Forest doing?!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
... I've found products that work much better to keep my pores clear (when I was using this stuff it did help somewhat, but I could still squeeze all kinds of gunk out of my pores--- I can't do that anymore) ...

Thanks Liz, Athena and Marina for your input - most appreciated.

Liz, DO tell what you are using that works better! I know you like BBS acne serum, but what else do you find that works better than this stuff by DermaDoctor? TIA! Very Happy

P.S. How is my new boyfriend Forest doing?!

Hi MermaidGirl!! First and foremost, Forest is doing fine and he says to send you lots of bunny kisses!! (Forest is a big kisser, lol!)

Next, as for clearing out the pores, it was a billion-part process for me. I was using Tazorac for several months and while it helped ENORMOUSLY (more than Dermadoctor ever did, I can say that much), I still had some clogged pores and was still getting blemishes. Then, I was talking to Amy, the lady who makes Epidermx, and she was talking about how she believes that silicones and other fillers like it can clog your pores and keep your skin from getting stuff that would help it, so I cut out ALL of my skincare products with silicones, petrochemicals, etc, AND I started using the Epidermx scrub daily and wham! Within a week I realized that for the first time in my life my pores were clear and there was nothing to squeeze out of them. So, while I think a lot of things are factoring in to my success--- for example, only using "clean" cleansers and moisturizers, etc, the biggest things are Taz, cutting out silicones, and Epidermx. HTH!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny kisses! *Sigh!*

Liz, thanks for the info on your pore-clearing regimen, I really appreciate it. I have some EpidermxII, will start using daily now!

I've already acquired "clean" cleansers and moisturizers, so that part is taken care of. As for the Taz, isn't that an Rx? What are its main components ... meaning, could I use some of the other retinols or BHAs on the market that would work as well as Taz?

I don't have acne, just a few zits every once in a while, and I also have no health insurance right now, so a trip to the derm for an Rx is not going to happen for me at this time!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again MermaidGirl! As for Taz, unfortunately, yes, it's an RX. It's a retinoid, so it's related to retin-A, differin, etc. It's a totally different animal from BHA (Used BHAs for years with zero results), but it may be similar to some of the more potent OTC retinol treatments, so those may be a place to start for you. I think you're really going to love the Epidermx--- please keep us updated!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot! I also quit using all tradtional powders, foundations, and concealers, and now I use only Alima and Jurlique Silk dust. I wouldn't have thought that it would make a big difference, but it really helped!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
l would like to say ,thank all of you so much Very Happy
That is very helpful from is forum members Idea
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I got a ton of samples at Sephora because I'd already returned a couple of other 'pore minizers'.

Didn't think it helped at all.

I DO love DERMADoctor's Wrinkle Revenge #2 - fabulous glycolic cleanser.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
this is also in my wish list as well as Tease Zone Oil Control Gel~

anyone tried that before?
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
My daughter and I have both tried the pore minimizer and oil control gel from dermadoctor. They didn't cause break outs or other problems but neither of us felt they did anything for the pore or oil problems either. I have had much better luck with a retinol like green cream or with retin-A. She is currently on accutane and using PSF balancing oil and this combo works for her. Also thought the products were fairly expensive for the content.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |