Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please help with red skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
heaven1994

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am not new but I don't post often. Can someone please tell me what I need for a routine?
I have fair mature dry skin, no break outs, small pores. My biggest problem is redness. I don't think it is rosasa, but have not been to a derm. Red blotchy skin on nose and a tiny bit on cheeks.
Right now I am using only olay soap, and copper peptide's from Skin Bio, and emu oil. I must say I am not good at keeping a routine, and sometimes go to bed with makeup still on. I have had this red skin for a couple of years and have tried lots of different stuff, nothing seems to work. If I should get a zit or mark on my face it seems to take weeks to disappear. What should I be using or not using.
Thanks for all the help that all of you informed people give to me and to others, who dont have a clue.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Personally I would drop the Olay cleanser. All the Olay ones are detergents based, sounds like you skin is already stressed, so you don't need added stres from detergents. Many are to high a pH also - more skin stress.

Try this Azulene Gel Cleanser. Great for stressed skin, and 5.5 pH. and mild detergent free.
http://www.geografx-cosmetics.com/products-FacialCare-2.html#Gentle%20Azulene%20Gel%20Wash

You may need to adjust or dilute your Copper, not sure how long you have been useing it.

I would also add a Rooibos or Tea rinse or treatment in your regament. You can buy the Antioxidant only Blend here - which is basicially Roobos Red Tea, with added antioxidants.

http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/dmae_antioxidants.htm

Very soothing and well help alot on the redness. i would use it once or twice daily, you can mix it with your Emu also.

You can also make your own with Tea bags and distilled water.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the links on this post about "Ingrediants To Avoid" "Sensitive Skin Care" and the thread on "pH and Wait Times" which discusses cleanser, and pH and skin issue may help you also.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18672
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Good info on Rosacea also here, which can help you see if it applys to you.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/learn/art.asp?ID=380
heaven1994

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal! When you say I can make my own tea rinse...just regular tea and water?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Best result are from organic green (unripe) Rooibos Tea (also called Red Tea, or African Tea). It has the highest concentration of anti-inflammatory. etc. But you can substitute regular Black Tea (pekoe), White Tea or Green Tea. All are good options.

I personally do recommend organic if you can get it locally, (it is available online from many sources) But you can also use non-organic. That’s okay to, just not the best ption.

Normally you can find the tea bags available in most Grocery Stores, Just be sure to get plain 100% Rooibos (or other) tea without other plant additives which could irritate your skin. Celestial Seasonings make some as do other companys.

Use Distilled water if at all possible.

Boil about 4 ounces of distilled water in a glass cup. After boiling, add one to two teabags, let brew for 30 - 60 minutes. This allows the strongest concentration of anti oxidants, anti-inflammatory, polyphenols, in your solution. (Start with one teabag on your first solution, if you do okay with that you can make a stronger solution next time with two tea bags)

Let cool. You now have a basic Tea rinse. You can spray this on skin once or twice daily under your Copper or moisturizer. (apply it to clean skin with out anything underneath.) Either spritz into hand and pat onto skin, or apply with a cotton ball.

This is soothing for irritated skin, and very good for redness, red spots slow healing pimples or irritation. It is also good on sunburns. You can apply all through the day if you choose or spot apply to zits.

If you will not add any preservative, you can store, sealed in the refrigerator in a sterilized opaque container for about 3 to 5 days. After that remake solution, or remake if it starts to smell stale or off.

If you add a preservative, you can store on your bathroom counter for about one year.
heaven1994

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, I will probably end up just buying it, but just in case I want to start this tonight and want to add preservative, what is it and where can I get it.
I don't mean to keep asking such dumb questions. Thanks for all your help! You have given me so much to read, and the info on PH is very interesting. Back to reading.
Heaven
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
No question is a dumb one unless you don't ask it! Smile

Just because you are not as knowledgeable in one area as someone else, does not make you dumb. None of use knows everything - we are all "dumb" about something. But we can learn - so alls good.

A preservative is added to the product to stabilize it and lessen bacterium growth. There are a few kinds, but generally all will need to be ordered online. And measurements can be a bit tricky if you do not have a small enough measuring device.

Syringes with CC marks work, as do special measuring spoons with Drop, Dash, Smidge, Tad measurements.

So for now, just making up a batch to use for a few days and remaking is probably your best bet. Its very easy to make.

If you want to add a preservative, do not add to much, as that can be irritating also. I use either Liquipar Optima or Germaben II.

Figure roughly about .06 – 1.2 cc or less per one ounce of total product volume. (30 cc total) You would want between .5% and 1% preservative (per total product volume) in this type of product.

1 teaspoon is 5 cc
1 ounce is 30 cc
1/5 teaspoon or a “tad” measuring spoon is 1 cc.
www.thepersonalformulator.com andwww.gardenofwisdom.com sell preservatives as do many other online sources.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal, I know you like Azulene cleanser from Geographx--so do I. It does have decyl glucoside in it though, which is a detergent. It is a very mild detergent from what I understand, and most people except the most strident detergent-avoiders don't object to it. I used to avoid detergents in cleansers completely but now if the ph is good and the detergent/s are mild, I have just as good results.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification. Wink
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
If heaven doesn't mind me hijacking this thread I have a related concern that I am hoping Tangal Or any other EDS member can help with Very Happy.

On both my cheeks I have slightly red dots and smears. Ok this sounds disgusting but it isn't really that bad. The skin tone just doesn't look even and the red dots are usually where I have tiny bumps that look like insect bumps but aren't!
My cheeks aren't oily at all and I have thankfully only gotten a zit once in this area, so I don't think it is me being blemish proned.

What can I use? What should I use? Totally confused, especially after all this reading. Rolling Eyes

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
i think juice beauty redness reduce serum could help you
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Heaven1994: I have rosacea and have been seeing a derm for it for about 5 years. It's mostly on my nose (call me Rudolph) and secondarily on my cheeks. My skin is now under control, and most people do not know I have rosacea.

Tangal's advice is wonderful. I would add that the thing that has made the most difference in helping my skin is Metrogel, a prescription antibiotic gel. I use the tiniest amount, about half a drop (one tube will last me the whole year), in the morning on clean skin (I apply it first). I hate the idea of using antibiotics long-term, even in such a small dose. Every six months or so, I try to wean myself off of the Metrogel, but the redness always comes back. Sad So I end up going back on it, but it does work wonders.

Another thing that has really helped is an herb called helichrysum and the rosacea synergy blend sold by Nature's Gift (www.naturesgift.com). You could make your own helichrysum hydrosol by ordering helichrysum from an herbal tea site like Mountain Rose Herbs (http://www.mountainroseherbs.com). I'm going to try that when I run out of the Nature's Gift stuff.

Over the years, I have tried a lot of the anti-redness/rosacea products, like the anti-redness kit by MD Formulations, Eucerin, and Murad. They haven't helped at all, although I did find that I like MD Formulations Glycolic Cleanser, which does not irritate my sensitive skin. I use it a couple of times a week.

Good luck!

heaven1994 wrote:
I have fair mature dry skin, no break outs, small pores. My biggest problem is redness. I don't think it is rosasa, but have not been to a derm. Red blotchy skin on nose and a tiny bit on cheeks...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Cuppre: When I'm overzealous with my active products, e.g., especially too much Vit C serum, I find that I get little red dots and marks. Could that be the cause?

cuppre wrote:
... on both my cheeks I have slightly red dots and smears. ...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Cuppre: When I'm overzealous with my active products, e.g., especially too much Vit C serum, I find that I get little red dots and marks. Could that be the cause?

cuppre wrote:
... on both my cheeks I have slightly red dots and smears. ...

Don't think so Jeannine. I have had it before I started the whole skincare obsession and the side that I am putting on a Vit-C gel on, it has had no reaction to it. Neither good nor bad. Question

That's why I am puzzled as to whether I have dry skin, congested skin, some kind of skin problem or what? Very Happy

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |