Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I quit coffee... need support!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I quit coffee in lieu of fusion green & white tea in the am. This option is much healthier (antioxidants in green & white tea) and I feel better now that I'm over that 2 week hump.

I don't get that afternoon slump after lunch anymore!

Has anyone else out there given up coffee?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhhhhh you've uncovered my only (food-related) vice: coffee!!!! I love good coffee so much. However, I try to restrict myself to drinking it twice a week because I don't think it's good for my skin and also the caffeine makes me feel a little jittery. So, the rest of the week I definitely try to drink tea, like you. Tea is great--- it may not be as viscerally satisfying as coffee, but I find it very soothing and it's sooooo good for your skin. One thing I find is nice if I'm craving a pick-me-up and a standard cup of brewed tea is just not going to cut it is tea made from powdered green tea. (DHC and Fanc sell individual packets of it--- just pour into water and stir) Not only does it have more antioxidants than regular tea, but it's also stronger-tasting (but not bitter, not to worry). I drink about a glass a day and I LOVE it. Anyway, keep up the good work, gottahaveitall, my dear. You're a stronger woman than I am! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations on 2 weeks mark!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Quit drinking coffee, please Embarassed ..not in a million years. I can't even talk before I have my first cup in the morning...make it my third cup..by the fourth I'm human...you get the drift. My daughter asked me once about the hardest part of being pregnant....take a guess..giving up the ambrosia from the gods of course!

You are my hero...I am in awe.

That wasn't very supportive was it? Embarassed
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!

I gave up coffee about 5 weeks ago. I started drinking Whole Earth cofee substitute instead, it's called Wake Up, I think.

It has taken the place of coffee in my morning ritual, and it has a bitter tang like coffee and I like it.

Actually I think I have come to like it better than real coffee!

Congratulations on your decision!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
No way I'm quitting coffee! If I quit coffee, wine and skincare/make-up, I would have no addictions and would be lost!!! Wink

Congrats on your decision though. I'm glad it's working for you.
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you girl...I have cut back to 2 a day and that's as far as I'm taking it!! I just luv luv luv a really good cup of coffee mid morning. All the wonderful teas in the world just can't cut it I'm afraid, when it comes to that coffee bean taste. Although I do drink normal/green/herb tea in the morning and the evening...for the sake of a little balance Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have to give up coffee.
Starting tomorrow morning. Boo.
Just came from the Dr. and he said that I need to get rid of caffeine altogether because of my Acid Reflux disease. Boo. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
My heart goes out to you..I'd easier give up food than my beloved coffee..are you allowed caffeine-free at least, just so you won't miss the taste?...and to ease the withdrawl?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhhhh I gave up coffee a longggg time ago! Now I just drink espresso Very Happy
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've given up coffee from time to time, but I'm not a tea-drinker so I went back to it. I only drink 2 cups of 1/2 caf 1/2 decaf, anyway, so no biggie. One thing you might try for a nice hot, caffeine-free drink is Tecchino. It's a grain bev that you brew like coffee but comes in yumm flavors. Just google it!
(I'm pretty sure Whole Foods carries it.)
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
My heart goes out to you..I'd easier give up food than my beloved coffee..are you allowed caffeine-free at least, just so you won't miss the taste?...and to ease the withdrawl?

I'm going to ease out of it...because I get nasty headaches if I go cold turkey.
Tech. I'm supposed to avoid all coffee and tea, both decaf and regular.
How will I survive? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Chocolat,Teeccino looks really good. I've never seen it here in the UK.

Has anybody else tried it?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:22 am      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
Ok, so I quit coffee in lieu of fusion green & white tea in the am. This option is much healthier (antioxidants in green & white tea) and I feel better now that I'm over that 2 week hump.

I don't get that afternoon slump after lunch anymore!

Has anyone else out there given up coffee?

Congratulations ! gottaHAVEitALL
But , l was told no tea during your period,it makes you feel weaker.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I tried giving up coffee once, but the guys in my office put a petition together campaigning for me to start drinking it again.....
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I've been grinding my own coffee for over 25 years so I'm kind of a coffee freak.

A few years ago I quit for one month on a dare.

I will admit that after the "detoxing" - felt like a heroin addict - it was the most amazing month. No more morning (pre coffee) or afternoon slumps. No monthly cramps, etc.

In the end though, I just couldn't stay away from coffee. I'm weak and addicted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
It is hard to quit for somebody!
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Good for you. Smile hehe

I need to drink coffee every day. Smile I can't live without it!!!
If I skip it, I will feel very tired and don't want to do anything for the rest of the day.

I love the aroma of the coffee so much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
yay, good for you gottahaveitall! i don't know that coffee is generally bad for people's health, i just think all the creamers and syrups added to it is bad, but tastes great, (thinking starbucks). i have always been more of a tea person. recently i tried the flavored teas like, vanilla black tea, and wow, it's wonderful. it might make the transition easier if you're craving coffee. and i know this isn't healthy, but i think those milk teas you can buy at boba shops taste awesome Very Happy .

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Ok, people, it's Friday, cut me some slack! I fell off the wagon...

And my lips landed on the MOST delicious chai latte ever!!!!! Yum!!! Shhh

But I'm right back on the wagon... That is, when I've finished this delicious latte!!! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted, I am a tea addict as well! I don't know why I'm not that into coffee. I think I drank timmys 70 times before I started to appreciate it SLIGHTLY.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love teeccino!
http://www.teeccino.com/

I think the Java is my favorite--it tastes the most roasty. The flavored ones are pretty good, but subtle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
OMG so much support for you! I tried to quit coffee but it didn't even. Even when I was constantly drinking tea or juice I kept on craving it.

But best of luck to you and I hope you can kick the evil habit. As motivation - if you buy a cup a day, that is more than enough to buy some expensive shoes.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
green tea is bitte though my hometown is a green tea producing area.
i don't like tea or coffee,i perfer water
i hope you will quit coffee totally Smile
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Quit drinking coffee, please Embarassed ..not in a million years. I can't even talk before I have my first cup in the morning...make it my third cup..by the fourth I'm human...you get the drift. My daughter asked me once about the hardest part of being pregnant....take a guess..giving up the ambrosia from the gods of course!

You are my hero...I am in awe.

That wasn't very supportive was it? Embarassed

I'm with Marina (I'm bowing down to you!!) I can't imagine giving up my coffee...I manage to contain my consumption to the morning (none after 12 noon) but if I didn't have it - YIKES!! I can't even imagine! I do know people who have dropped the coffee altogether for green tea and they are faring well (and claim to sleep better)....I am comforting myself in the studies (few as they are!) that suggest that coffee is good for you Embarassed
Anyways - good for you!!!!
Pudoodles
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |