Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I'm so sad...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
My mom's 14 year old companion dog that I grew up with passed away yesterday and I am so sad. She was like my little sister. I am also very worried about my mom who is taking it extremely hard. We got her back in 92 not too long after my mom became disabled and they became and remained so close to one another. She was such a sweet heart and was so good to my mom and our family. Pets in our family aren't just pets- they're humans. Now that she is gone, there is such an emptiness.

Sometimes I don't know what to say to my mom to comfort her... I worry that I am not saying enough. There's so many frustrating and sad things going on in my family's lives and it's hard to know what to say and do.

Could some of you please include us in your prayers? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear about your mom's dog Amnis. Loosing a beloved pet has got to be one of the worse things in the world Crying or Very sad I gather this dog assisted your mother? There really are no words to make the pain go away. All you can do is spend more time with your mother, helping her, being a shoulder to cry on and sharing your memories of the dog.

Good luck!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry Amnis! I know the pain you must be feeling. It's the same in my family--- pets are considered people. When my beloved companion (cat)of 17 years, Mew, passed away, I had to take some time off of work to grieve I was so devastated. I wish I could offer some advice, but I'm afraid in my experience nothing takes this pain away but time, and even then it never fully heals. You might want to send your mom a copy of "the Rainbow Bridge"--- if you aren't familiar with it, let me know and I'll find it for you. Know that we are here for you during this tough time, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
My heart goes out to you and your Mom, our dogs are like family members too. I would try and remember and talk about the good times and celebrate owning this wonderful dog and bawl and bawl and take it all out, the grieving proccess has to be gone through. Is your Mom worried how she will manage without the dog ? Maybe a relative or yourself could stay with her for a while, or she could go and stay with someone, changing her environment might help a bit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
My sympathies, Amnis! Sad Losing a pet is so very hard to deal with. I can't imagine how difficult this is on your mom - losing a beloved family member and a helper as well.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis - I am so sorry to hear about your mom's dog. 3 years ago I lost my 14 year old dog and I know how hard that is to go through. It really is just going to take time to heal. I am praying for your mom for comfort.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sending good thoughts out to you and your mom, and to the memory of your sweet little sister.

I know what I went through when I had lost my first dog a few years back. I honestly don't think I've ever been so thoroughly grief-stricken. Having it happen so close to the holidays surely doesn't help. Take good, loving care of your mom. It will take her a long while to get over this.

Warm and sympathetic hugs...
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi amnis - I remember you talking about your mom and her dog a while back. I'm so sorry for you all. I lost my mother more than a year ago and then 5 months later, one of our beloved kitties died. It almost did me in. We tried everything to help him, but it was his time. I talked about it here on the forum and it helped me a lot. Caspers Mum, bless her sweet soul, sent me a copy of The Rainbow Bridge, which is a very touching memorium to our furry companions. Any of us who have pets understands the heartbreak you're going through.

If you have any good photos of your dog, you may want to put some in nice frames for your mom. I've got Bustopher's pics all over the place and it's a tremendous comfort. I look at them every day. Luckily, I still have his brother (who also had a health scare a couple of months later), but we all miss the the big guy so very very much.

There's nothing quite like the loyal, loving gaze of a beloved pet, nor the warm comfort of having them at our side. I hope your mom and you can handle your grief. My heart goes out to you.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's dog. It's very hard when a dear pet leaves us - I just lost one of my kitties weekend before last, and a dog I'd had for 16 yrs last January. I have 5 more (4 dogs, 1 cat) and the youngest is 10 yrs old this month, so the next few years will be very tough for me... Crying or Very sad

As m.april said, the Rainbow Bridge makes it a little easier for me to deal with the loss... My thoughts are with you & your mom.

Hanky alert -

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry Amnis! My thoughts are with you and your mother. You don't have to know the right thing to say all of the time, I think sometimes a hug can say more words than anything. Take care.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Aww - I'm sorry about your mom's dog. It's difficult to lose a loved one. Their memories will continue to live on.

All the best
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis - I'm sorry for your lost. I know how it feels to lose someone so close and dear to you. I've lost my dog of 17 years and it just broke my heart. My thoughts are with you and your mom.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Amnis, so very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog/little sister. Its especially difficult, I'm sure, because she was your Mom's helper, so that must be a double blow and its no surprise your Mom is taking it very hard because of the bond those two shared. In my family, our pets are also treated as valued members of the family and to us they are just like people, except that they are loving 100% of the time! Just remember, not only were you and your Mom lucky to have such a wonderful creature in your family, but your dog was also blessed by having such a wonderful family to love and take care of her.

You and your Mom are in my prayers for comfort and peace. Me and my two kitties send hugs.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand what you're going through... We had to have our 12 year old Collie put to sleep in January. We'd just gotten her 2 years prior (she was with my parents until she was 10) and it just broke our hearts. My hubby still has moments where he misses her, and I miss her all the time too.

Hang in there, it'll get better eventually. Do concentrate on the happier times you had with your pooch, that'll get you through it. And think of her as an angel looking down on you...

These four legged furries do indeed become part of our families and will never be forgotten!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Amnis, so very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog/little sister. Its especially difficult, I'm sure, because she was your Mom's helper, so that must be a double blow and its no surprise your Mom is taking it very hard because of the bond those two shared. In my family, our pets are also treated as valued members of the family and to us they are just like people, except that they are loving 100% of the time! Just remember, not only were you and your Mom lucky to have such a wonderful creature in your family, but your dog was also blessed by having such a wonderful family to love and take care of her.

You and your Mom are in my prayers for comfort and peace. Me and my two kitties send hugs.

This was such a nice reply, MermaidGirl! Amnis, I hope you continue healing today Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
This is the third sad loss I've heard of today. All much-loved animal companions too.

My heart goes out to you and your mum, amnis. Even though it hurts like hell when you lose them, the pain's worth it for all the love and happy times you shared. In the end, when you think about it, you wouldn't have missed being with them for the world, despite how bad you feel when they go.

Take care.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
aw so sorry amnis. i know how you feel, my current dog is like a brother to me and i would be devastated if he passed away and i know my parents would be too.

this might be too soon, but would you considering getting her another dog, not to replace her lost but to start a new beginning for her? pets are good for people's well being and we can help a life out too, since the shelters always have homeless pets.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I’m so sorry amnis. I know how you feel, last year I took care of two newborn abandoned kittens unfortunately I lost them after a week, but it was very hard and I cried a lot because they were like my babies (and I’m not a mother yet). I’m sure that your mom’s dog had a great life and that she was enjoying each day of her life.Always remember that the sweet memories will continue to live even after her death.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost your dearies too. The bond that can form between a person and an animal and how that mutual love is shown never ceases to amaze me.

We're hanging in there. I am actually staying with my mom now while I help her rebuild her home lost to a house fire and replace everything. She also has to have another back surgery here really soon. My dad has to work about 150 miles away so he is gone most of the time. So it's just us two (well, four when you count our other doggie and kitty). I can't imagine how much worse we would both be feeling if we didn't have one another's company. I also don't even want to think about how my mom would have dealt with Rosie's death all alone.

I didn't realize the name of that poem cited above was called "The Rainbow Bridge". I remember reading it in the family/waiting room when our dog (Rosie- the one that just passed away) was in the ICU last summer with pneumonia. I cried the first time I read it and I cried again this time.

Luckily our family adopted a very sweet border collie about a year and a half ago and we all adore her. She is quite a helper too and keeps surprising us with her intelligence. In fact, when Rosie was sick before she died, when my mom was out of the room Tippi, the border collie, would run look for mom and lead her back to Rosie when she needed something such as if she started panting excessively or needed to go potty (she became so bad off that she required assistance to go outside). Tippi had been abandoned so we don't really know her history but her vet estimates her age to be about 10. We have really bonded with her and she is such a sweatheart. I can't bare the thought of when her time comes to go to heaven. Thank God she is hear now to help us grieve. My dear cat is great too and very comforting. She loved Rosie and knows there's something strange going on with out her around. I am glad the black-and-whites (as I refer to Tippi and Kiki b/c they are both black and white) have each other.

Anyway, thank you again. You are all so sweet!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Very sorry to hear.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Amnis, I agree that pets are our children, they are our family, they bring out the very best in all of us and teach us the true meaning of unconditional love. I send my positive thoughts and well wishes to you and your mom.

If there is such a thing in heaven, our pets will be there waiting for us

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Amnis, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I also know the feeling of losing the loved dog - we lost out Giant Schnauzer almost 3 years ago after a year and a half of chemo, and surgeries, and ....

I cried for the next 6 months.

Time does indeed help to heal all wounds (or so they say), and it will get better in time. Thank God, that you have each other and other furry members of your family, and you also have the memory of all the good times you and your mom had with Rosie.

She will be forever in your hearts.

Good luck to your mom with her surgery, and her house!

My prayers go out to your family.

Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear that. You will be fine.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Amnis, so sorry to hear about what happend Sad I know that you can develop strong bonds to pets, especiallly one that has been with your family for so long and took care of your mom. She sounds very special. It is very nice that you care so much about your mom and being there for her. I am sure your family will be alright again.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |