Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:Rave Review: Carekate's Bump Blasting Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I did a search and couldn't find a thread dedicated to this so thought I'd start a new thread.

I purchased Carekate's Bump Blasting Serum a few weeks ago. It's the same thing as Yonka Emulsion and is fantastic for pimples.

This morning I had 2 red, itchy bumps on my neck. I think it's irritation from my CP. Anyway, I had an interview a couple of hours ago and wanted to at least stop the itching.

I didn't have time to do a compression so dropped one drop on each bump. It totally stopped the itching and didn't sting.

Just looked in the mirror and one bump is gone, the other is 80% improved!

Woo hooo .... I guess it really is bump blasting, not just acne blasting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my second bottle of this stuff!!! It's wonderful! Even my DH, who thinks that all of my beauty stuff is overpriced snake oil, uses it and loves it! DH has had some really painful ingrown hairs on his legs, etc, and after one night of using a compress of this stuff, they either came to a head for easy extraction, or disappeared entirely.

Another story: my sister was visiting recently, and she developed a very painful blemish on her upper lip. She was understandably upset about it, but she resigned herself to just having a big bump then a scab on her upper lip for the next few days. Well!!! I extracted it for her, then I had her hold a compress to it for 10 minutes, and then she went to bed. In the morning, it was like the offending blemish had never been there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz for more ideas! Carekate really needs to remind us that it's not just for pimples. I love the smell too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:18 am      Reply with quote
How do we get Carekate's products? Does she have a listing somewhere, or website where she lists all her stuff?
just for fun

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I would love to order some of the Bump Blasting Serum and the lip plumper. How do I get in touch with her? Confused Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I don't have a website setup yet so the only way to get in touch with me is to send me a private message.

However, please be patient with me in responding as I receive dozens of PMs daily and I only have 30 minutes of internet access each day at work (I don't have a computer/internet at home).

I respond to PM requests in the order they are received, but do to the extreme time constraints it DOES take me a while to get to everyone. But that doesn't mean I don't want you to try my stuff so please don't be afraid to contact me!

Cheers,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez--thanks for the review, i didn't know she had this recipe also. that will be on my next order Smile .

carrie's "slow" response time is actually pretty quick! my order is ready to go, can't wait to receive them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Would this also work well for bumps on the upper arms?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:

hi pal--if the bumps on the upper arms are the ones i am thinking of and not "pimples", i doubt the serum would help. I have to manually extract the ones i have.

what also really helps with arm bumps are a body lotion with glycolic acid (i use DHC's) and manually exfoliation with a little loofah(the body shop makes small disc shaped ones for the face--but i only use them for my arms and bum Laughing ). i add oil of olay moisture rinse to the loofah and scrub in circles, very smooth bum and arms afterwards Smile.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Just had to add my RAVE for this product of Carrie's!

Apparently Mount Vesuvius decided it was going to erupt again, this time from a giant zit that developed under my left nostril. So very lovely. I woke up one day with a sore spot that during the day felt like it was going to be an underground cyst, and was quite red when I went to sleep that night. Yes, something was brewing under my skin! Woke up the next morning to a huge zit/whitehead. Gross! I extracted it and it started to bleed, leaving an irritated, red, gaping hole in my skin. So I grabbed a q-tip, soaked it in Carrie's Bump Blasting Emulsion and held it to the zit for about 15-20 minutes while I laid down to relax.

This stuff is AMAZING. The bleeding stopped and the redness disappated quite a bit, and there was no seepage from the wound. Put some MMU on, went out to do errands and when I came back this evening and looked in the mirror, the zit is GONE! The area is totally flat, redness is gone and it doesn't feel like there's anything else in there that will make the zit fill back up. There's just a tiny little spot from damage to the skin from the extraction, but its hardly noticeable. I will spot treat again before bed tonight and I'm sure it will be even more improved in the morning.

This is a HG product! I can't imagine ever being without it! 10/10 stars to Carrie!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I just had 2 small (hormonal) zits appear. I was heading out and didn't have time for a 15 min compress.

I just rubbed in a couple of drops and notice it helps dramatically! So much that I didn't bother with a compress that night.

Absolutely adore this stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:

Pal, as skincareaddicted has mentioned I highly doubt the serum will work. I have this too and it's called KP (Keratosis Pilaris). I've had it for years and just found how to take care of it, I have very little of it. I've seen cases where it's really bad. I exfoliate with a loofah and use Glycolix Elite cleanser and body lotion and it's helped out tremendously. Probably eliminated a good 60-70% so far.

Okay back to the product, so this can be a spot treatment for zits? Skincareaddicted, I don't see this item on the list you sent me of Carekate's items. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:

Okay back to the product, so this can be a spot treatment for zits? Skincareaddicted, I don't see this item on the list you sent me of Carekate's items. Confused

That's the main reason I purchased this. It's based on Yonka's Emulsion Pure (which EDS does not sell to the USA). It's really turning out to be a staple for any skin irritation ... I also tried it this morning after shaving to prevent irritation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:

aries--the list is a work in progress. you should just PM Carrie about adding the bump blasting serum if she has it available to add to your order. she can also make other items she has in the DIY thread. HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who have a hard time with the compress method because you don't want to be standing pressing cotton on a zit (and for when you break out in multiple zits but can't do the compress method because we all only 2 hands!) I think I've found a solution, one that does not involve band-aids, per se (for those of you who get irritation from band-aids).

Get some first-aid paper tape! I got some "Gentle Paper Tape" at CVS which is breathable and low adhesion (I'm not sure if it would stay stuck on overnight). It sticks, but not to the point where you feel like you're tearing your skin off when you go to remove it and it doesn't leave a sticky residue behind.

I will report back with my findings after additional use of the paper tape.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to get this with my next order.
Very Happy
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
For those of you who have a hard time with the compress method because you don't want to be standing pressing cotton on a zit (and for when you break out in multiple zits but can't do the compress method because we all only 2 hands!) I think I've found a solution, one that does not involve band-aids, per se (for those of you who get irritation from band-aids).

If I may ask, what is the compress method and what is it used for?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:

If I may ask, what is the compress method and what is it used for?

Aries, Carrie's Bump Blasting lotion has the same directions for use as Yonka's Emulsion Pure, which instruct the user to wet a piece of cotton (I usually use a Q-tip or a little piece pulled off of a cotton square) and hold it in place (a/k/a "compress") on the blemish for about 15-20 minutes. The method is used to gain maximum benefit from the wet product being in contact with the skin/blemish for an extended period of time, but who wants to sit around for 15-20 minutes holding cotton to their face? And if you have more than 1 blemish, you could spend a long time treating them.

I used the paper tape with a little piece of cotton square wet with the lotion to basically create a band-aid that would hold the treatment in place and it worked very well. The paper tape is less irritating than a band-aid and doesn't leave behind a sticky residue. Since I have a couple blemishes around my jawline right now, tonight my plan is to do the paper tape and cotton compress method on all of them at the same time, so I can get on with my life and not sit around treating these things for an hour!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here. I've been reading a lot of postings. Interested in Carekate's products as I've read glowing reviews. I wonder if Carekate has something good for fine lines around the eyes and the nose bridge, as well as forehead? Anything for stretchmarks? Thank you.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
ARGH! I just placed an order with CareKate, and I didn't know she made this! I need something like this - I get the random cystic acne every month or so, and they always leave scars behind. =\

I think I'll have to contact her again right after I get my order and get this from her too. Rolling Eyes

(though I need it right now, I feel a bump starting on my chin)
soliloquy
5% products discount

Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I got an organic product from Scientific Botanicals for shingles (it's also used for cold sores) called Licrogel-it's a small container of pink gel made from licorice & peppermint oil for approx $10 & have found it an amazing treatment for zits, ingrown hairs, strange red bumps & poison oak(& anything I'd use cortisone cream for). It's not easy to find I buy it by the case, usually from Clark's pharmacy in Seattle or Wilner Chemists online-it's the most amazing stuff & cheap! Very Happy
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
soliloquy wrote:
-it's a small container of pink gel made from licorice & peppermint oil for approx $10-it's the most amazing stuff & cheap! Very Happy

thanks ... but I doubt it's as good as Carekate's serum. 1. Carekate's version is based on the famous Yonka Emulsion; 2. I'm sure Carekate's is less expensive than something sold in a store and I'll bet she uses better ingredients; 3. and she can customize!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |