Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your Opinions on Best Eye-Makeup Remover
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I wear mascara and liquid eyeliner everyday (I kind of go heavy on them), and I'm trying to find a make-up remover that will dissolve most of the mascara on the 1st cotton ball (I usually have to use at least 3 saturated cotton balls per eye!)
Please let me know of your suggestions.
Thank you! Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm finicky about eye make up remover, because I can't abide the greasiness in the eye area that oil-based removers leave behind. Like you, I like to go heavy on the eyeliner and mascara, and I've enjoyed good results from Sephora's Eye Make Up Remover (the blue one---smells great!), Bliss's Lid and Lash Wash (this stuff is by far the strongest... one cotton ball per eye max!), and Zenbiotic's Rinseless Cleanser (this one is the most soothing and least irritating.) The Sephora one and Zenbiotic one are both dirt cheap--- around $8. The Bliss one is closer to $20, but the bottle is huge and last forever.

I'd also like to go on record as saying that I've tried Lancome's famous bi-facial eye make up remover and I hated it. It didn't even remove as much of my eye make up as the 3 I mentioned above, AND it left an unbearable greasy film on my eye area!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I love Lancome Bi-facil. I've used it for years. It won't do it in 1 cotton ball but 2 works pretty well. I also use Dr. Hauschka cleansing milk and that makes a good job of removing eye make-up (at least for me). I never had any luck with a cotton ball saturated in jojoba oil.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I really love Clinique Take the Day off. It's like an oil/water type solution that you shake before you use and it works GREAT taking off any eye makeup. When I ran out, I tried this Loreal version (same idea) but it doesn't work as well as the Clinique one (which I will repurchse as soon as I'm done using what I have now).
FYI ... One thing I do though is take a cloth (or the other end of the makeup remover pad) with some water over my eyes after to remove any oily residue.
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use LUSH's Ultrabland cleanser to remove all my makeup. It's a very thick concoction of peanut oil, beeswax, honey and glycerine (among other things). I take a little bit on the tip of my finger and stroke it over my dry face, including eyelids, brows and lashes. I wait a few seconds, then wet a cotton pad with very warm water and stroke the makeup off. I use both sides of a pad for each eye. Ultrabland removes everything, and leaves my face soft and clean, though I do cleanse again to make sure I've gotten it all.

Here's a link to the US site's description:

http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/3041?expand=
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mineral Melt by Pur Minerals completely dissolves ALL traces of eye makeup. It's an oil based cleanser with lots of great nourshing ingredients. I don't have the all too common racoon eyes after I wash with this stuff. It really does melt all traces of makeup. Plus it's suppose to help condition your lashes, which is a great added bonus!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lancome Bi-facil but it is expensive. I also love Pond's Bare & Repair Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover. It is very similar to Lancome but the price is much less.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica PreCleanse gets my vote. Only takes a few drops on a cotton pad to completely remove waterproof, heavy eye makeup. I love it because I don't need to 'scrub' my eyelids to get my makeup off, unlike other eye makeup removers.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
DHC deep cleansing oil. I don't think there has been anything that it wasn't able to remove. it's convenient since it is also a face wash so you won't need a separate eye makeup remover.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome Bi-facil is best. L'oreal waterproof makeup remover is cheap and good working.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I second Dollbird on Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanse - its oily, but you can rinse it clean. Also agree with Liz on the Sephora blue solution - I really like it as well because it leaves no oily residue and you really don't have to rinse after use (but I always do). Have always wanted to try the Bliss Lid & Lash Wash stuff - by their description of it, it sounds like it REALLY works!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Is the cotton ball part required? My favorites have the cotton pads soaking in the container. Almay Moisturizing Eye MU remover pads are my first choice. If I can't find those, I get Andrea Eye Q's Moisturizing Eye MU remover pads.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Dermalogica PreCleanse gets my vote. Only takes a few drops on a cotton pad to completely remove waterproof, heavy eye makeup. I love it because I don't need to 'scrub' my eyelids to get my makeup off, unlike other eye makeup removers.

I 3rd this vote. I like to do it with my fingers while doing my face rather than using a separate cotton pad. I tried it once with a cotton pad and it didn't work that well for me. I also like Bi-Facil but it clouds your eyes. I have a GWP on hand if I really need it but I find using the Pre-Cleanse eliminates that step completely. Really wanna try the Bliss one though!
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome Bi-facil is the best choice.....
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanse l feel clear..
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Talika do a really lovely eye make up remover, which also conditions your lashes at the same time. I used to get put off using waterproof mascaras because I hated how heavy handed I had to be to remove it at the end of the day. The Talika remover is really gentle, and I find that my mascara comes off quite easily after using this.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
i have used the chanel bi-phase eye make up remover for years.

the fluid in the bottle is half blue, half clear, and you shake it up before use. i squirt some onto a cotton ball, hold the ball over my closed eye for a few seconds, then wipe, and off everything comes, including very heavy liquid liner, eyeshadow and mascara, and is VERY gentle.

i have never found anything as good as this remover.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I like La Prairie cellular eye makeup remover, but it's $$$. Otherwise, I just use L'Oreal Gentle Lip and Eye Makeup Remover, then cleanse again with Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, just to make sure I get everything off. I try to avoid using waterproof making up as I don't wanna tug on my eyes while removing it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my god, you guys are AWESOME!!!
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sutrish,
How could you do this to me!! Laughing
You've just introduced me to a brand/site i'd never heard of before, and i'm very tempted.....

Sutrish wrote:
I use LUSH's Ultrabland cleanser to remove all my makeup. It's a very thick concoction of peanut oil, beeswax, honey and glycerine (among other things). I take a little bit on the tip of my finger and stroke it over my dry face, including eyelids, brows and lashes. I wait a few seconds, then wet a cotton pad with very warm water and stroke the makeup off. I use both sides of a pad for each eye. Ultrabland removes everything, and leaves my face soft and clean, though I do cleanse again to make sure I've gotten it all.

Here's a link to the US site's description:

http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/3041?expand=
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Drool
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Sorry about that! LUSH makes all kinds of fun things. Solid shampoos and bubble bar slices are trademarks of theirs. Check out Angels on Bare Skin, too. Wink
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
l second Mineral Melt by Pur Minerals
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Amanda Lacey Cleansing Pomade removes it all in one clean sweep.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Eye makeup remover for sure
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |