Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Naturderm Products: Epidermx II, Chrysalyx, etc
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Another Epidermx fan here! I used Epidermx I for a long time and now use Epidermx II. It works wonderful and it's nice to be able to use it daily if I choose to. Also, love the new scent!

just out of curiosity, i remember reading somewhere that you also use the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads - do you still use them? i have glycolx elite pads now, but was thinking of trying the ptr ones next . . .
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sark:

Yes, I just finished my jar of PTR Max Correction Pads last night. I am not sure if I will re-buy them again. I think the Alcohol (46%) is really drying out my face. I was using the glycolic pads as my "Toner" step after cleansing in my skincare routine only at night. It definitely takes off any remnant traces of makeup that is missed after cleansing, but again, I find them too drying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
You all have me convinced, where can I get samples from. I have done a web search & I can only fond it on ebay & goldportbeauty. Is this where you guys are buying from. I got the impression from reading the threads that naturderm have their own site.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Please help me, I am not above begging. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lori, this the official website:

http://www.greatnewskin.com/

Golport only has the E2, I'm not sure what else you're looking at-personally I'm waiting for the cleanser.

If you don't find what you need there (I'm not sure about samples) p.m. Amy-she's a great help.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much Marina, I appreciate your help.

Well my sensible head says try samples but my other head is saying wow after reading the reviews & seeing the pictures on the site you posted I know that I want the whole kit & kaboodle, full size.

I do like the look of this line. Especially if it suits sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
If it makes you feel any better...I'm never sensible either.. Embarassed
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
If it makes you feel any better...I'm never sensible either.. Embarassed

I am guilty too Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yay, you make me feel so much better. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm a bit concerned now. I have recently discovered and fallen in love with both Epidermix II AND the Zenbiotics products (namely, the F/B cleanser, Oxytoner, and Phyto Moisturizer).

What am I to do?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Amy

Can we use the Lavender foam cleanser in the eye area and do I have mist my face in between applying chrysalx and naturdermx.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:30 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this has been posted before because I haven't read all of this thread, but for UK EDSers you can now buy Epidermx etc. in the UK with free delivery.
http://www.creamofcreams.co.uk/iqs/sid.055209607228380205905/epidermx.html
Don't know how the prices compare.
HTH M Cool
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly

The prices don't look bad. I was going to get the whole kit but have decided to just try the epidermx 11 to start with. I am ordering now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Well, I'm a bit concerned now. I have recently discovered and fallen in love with both Epidermix II AND the Zenbiotics products (namely, the F/B cleanser, Oxytoner, and Phyto Moisturizer).

What am I to do?

Shawna -- I know that Manslayerliz uses both products lines and is really happy with the results. You may want to PM her and ask her for her routine.

If all you're using is the Ep II (not the Naturdermx, Chrysalx, etc), *I* wouldn't worry about it Wink - but that's just me!

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone,

these products look excellent and i am sure that amy has developed a truly amazing product that delivers, i might just try it someday.

but to clarify something that a user brought up in this thread:
ANY MANUAL EXFOLIATION ON YOUR SKIN WILL PROMOTE BROKEN CAPILLARIES, IF YOU ARE PRONE TO THEM

If you are not prone to them, then daily manual exfoliation is probably a fine addition to your routine, and I am positive that E2 is the best product on the market for that. But anyone with a tendency for Telangiectasis (spider veins and broken caps) should definitely avoid daily manual exfoliation--although for normal skins, 2-3 x weekly, VERY gently, should be okay.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I purchased EpII and Chrysalx but I do not plan to use it everyday. Maybe once or twice a week. Even though the product is said to be okay for everyday use. I don't think I can give up using Jurlique Face Wash Cream daily. Confused Unless EpII delivered some miracle on my acne scars Pray

5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Amy, sorry I did not mean to spread any false rumors. I just remember reading that the new epidermx wasn't as good as the old one on a post somewhere in the past, and that microdermx was a better equivalent to the original, so I was wondering if anyone here had actually experienced that.

I actually ordered Epidermx II the day I last posted, and I've been trying it out for a week. Here are my thoughts on the product so far.

Epidermx II is definitely one of the best scrubs I've used. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like it gets more crap out of my pores than other scrubs and my skin feels smoother. I think it's because the crystals are really fine. My skin is pretty resilient so I've used a lot of harsh products on it before, but I don't think this scrub is as harsh as some of the others I've used (ie. Clinique Exfoliating Scrub and Body Shop Tea Tree Scrub). It is also much better than the Dr. Denese scrub which I found to be greasy and the grains too big.

In comparison to Epidermx I (and my perspective may be a bit skewed since it's been over a year since I used the original), EII is definitely less harsh but not runny. Maybe less dense is a better description. I miss the balling effect from EI. Basically, if you scrubbed long enough, the substance would ball off your face as it dried, presumably taking off dead skin at the same time. This happens with EII as well, if you rub long enough, but to a lesser degree, so I don't know if it takes off as much dead skin. Also, the day after I used EI for the first time, I did receive compliments on my skin - that I looked glowy and smoother. This didn't happen with EII, but over the week, *I* think my skin is better, but no noticeable compliments. I have to admit , though, my skin was much worse a year ago, so perhaps there was more room for improvement before. The biggest consideration to me, however, seems to be how much product you get. I felt like I got a lot more product with EI (2.1oz) and it was meant to be used a few times a week while EII (1.0oz) is meant to be used every day, so I am worried about running out very quickly. I ordered mine from greatnewskin, and it just felt like there was very little product in the jar - it was only half full. I am interested to see how long this jar will last me.

Overall, I think this is a great product and I would absolutely buy it again. I think it is the best scrub I've used, although I can't say for sure that it is better than EI. I might give the Microdermx a try just out of curiosity and for comparison.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:

What am I to do?

I too have been debating this. As I knew soon I would be running out of OxyToner and PhytoMoisture. I know both sides of the line stress not using each others products. I do love both Zenbiotic and Epidermix II, and as stubborn as I am I have decided this:

Pm:
scrub with EII
Face and body wash
etc..
I recall Tangal saying (and please chime in here if I am wrong) to start low and go up in PH
IDK.. maybe throw in a wait time in between the two?? Sound good, Tang?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
chzzzcake - Yes, my pot was only approx half full too, which did surprise me somewhat. However, I do find that the Epidermx II goes further so I need to use less per application.

Thus far, it's helping to nicely clear up a couple of blemish scars I accumulated during my Christmas food debauchery. My skin's definitely looking clearer and better.
AmyNaturDerm
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
[i] Very Happy Always great to see you all!
The NaturDerm site is in progress, the link will take you to GreatNewSkin.

Loopylori we have samplers of the Epidermx II, Chrysalyx and Naturdermx. The sampler pots of Epidermx II contains 5ml of product. The smallest pot we have access to that has a self sealing liner and can be accomodated by our manufacturer is a 1/4 oz (7ml) pot. The sample pots will appear about half full as product settles in other areas of the pot during shipment. These are pre-sterilized, machine auto-filled and covered in a tamper proof seal. We feel this is important. We do a 5ml fill to keep the cost down for our customers.

The Epidermx II jar is a tempered glass jar with a 30 ml (1oz) fill. It is also pre-sterilized and machine filled and tamper proof sealed. The fill is by weight and a 30 ml (1oz) fill does sit just under the rim. The first shipment was an over-fill to 1.2 oz - this shipment is at 30 ml (1oz). The NaturDerm products including Epidermx II are very concentrated. Epidermx II has been available for over a year and over 95% of our customers report they get comparable usage from the 1oz jar as the old 2oz jar because they use less product. I used Epidermx daily and the 2oz jar lasted me about 4-6 weeks, mainly because the original product was not hydrophilic balanced, the thickness and amount varied. The original manufacturer also does not have autofill capability - it was a manual filled product. We prefer to use a manufacturer who is able to provide sterile product, filled in sterile pre-fill jars, with automated fill in a sterile environment. I get about 5-6 weeks use from the 1oz Epidermx II jar and I do use it atleast once a day, in the summer I sometimes do a quick am scrub on my T-zone. My daughter uses it daily and gets 6-8 weeks from a 1 oz jar, my son about 6 weeks.

Epidermx II, because it is hydrophilic balanced is designed to work in a different way, than Epidermx.
Some may be attached to the old treatment and "balling up" with the old product, and those like it, the "balling up" debris is primarily waxes within the product and is easily seen under the microscope- if you prefer to be using waxes and irritating preservatives including formaldehyde releasors-

Much of the results you will see also have to do with what products you are applying after Epidermx II, as our Plastic Surgeons have discovered absorption of products applied afterwards will increase about 50%.
This is the only concern I have with combining products from the Zenbiotic line, which again, I believe the philosophy is an alkaline based line. If you are using Epidermx II to remove dead skin and refine your skin you should be fine, if you are using Epidermx II for acne, I would not recommend you combine the two lines if that makes sense? I think it is important for people to use the products that make them happy - whatever product line they may be -

Anyone with scarring will notice the best results using Epidermx II as a quick daily scrub - even if you use other product lines. Thousands of people can't be wrong - and you should see some of the letters we get. Well you can see the stretch mark and scar photos - some new ones are about to go up - honestly, if it does that to stretch marks!

Yes, we have reps in NZ, AU, finally the UK (I use to live there and it was a dream for me) Canada (a whole group of Naturopaths and Estheticians) and Slovenia. Did you know Slovenia has one of the highest usages world wide of anti-aging products? We have several people who are interested to introduce our products to Japan.

The UK site is greatnewskin dot co dot uk as well as the link provided.

We have worked very hard, for 7 years now, and are really happy that something that has made such a difference for our family, has made such a difference for other people as well. We really appreciate all of you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Amy

Thanks for info. I actually don't care if my pots are full or not. I ordered a full size pot from Molly's link which I thought was a good price for the individual items. If I like it I will order from the link you gave next time so that I can try the whole line which again is a good price. Someone on Ebay is charging a lot more than that.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Amy

Will you be considering having a lighter cream than the Chrysalx and Naturdermx? It's summer here in Australia and find even if I apply only one of the two creams in the am or pm, my T-zone is uber oily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Amy,

Can you post some Canadian distributors or PM me with them? I've been ordering from greatnewskin.com and not sure if there are better places to order from Canada although I got my EpidermxII very quickly. I'm really liking the product for my congestion and acne pigmentation!

Also will you be having a set with Epidermx + Chrysalyx + Lavendar Face Foam? I really want to try Chrysalyx but don't want to get that AND the Naturdermx together as I'm not sure if it'll Chrysalyx will work as well on my acne pigmentation as it did for others so I wanna try it one at a time first.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I would be interested to know of Canadian distributors too. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Will you be considering having a lighter cream than the Chrysalx and Naturdermx? It's summer here in Australia and find even if I apply only one of the two creams in the am or pm, my T-zone is uber oily.

i second this, if only because i love the Chrysalyx to bits but can't use it because the shea breaks me out (heavy sigh).
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I would be interested to know of Canadian distributors too. Thanks.

Me too!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |