Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Naturderm Products: Epidermx II, Chrysalyx, etc
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Wow Theresa! I'm sorry your experience was so bad! It sounds to me like your skin might just be too sensitive to manual exfoliation for even the Epidermx--- what do you think? My skin is pretty sensitive to exfoliation (although I guess not as sensitive as yours) and in the past I could never exfoliate every day. When I started using the Epidermx every day my skin looked great, but I still couldn't believe that using it every day was OK so I showed to my derm and asked her, and she said that for me, using it every day is fine. (Thank goodness!!) So, I'm just sorry you aren't as lucky--- keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been having some troubles with II myself. When I first started using it I absolutely loved it, so much so I bought the full size. I was using it daily and then all of a sudden my skin started looking dehydrated and dull. I figured maybe I was over doing it and drying myself out, so I backed off to every 2-3 days. I've since added a few products that have my my skin more sensitive (Triple C and DMAE 6%) and since then the crystals feel really sharp when I use them. I'm going to back off until my skin adjust to the new additions. This was also making my face a bit red and I can almost swear that I see more broken caps now on my chin. Crying or Very sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL - I am curious about the film you mentioned you felt this left on your face. I have another thread going about exfoliants, and I was questioning how much exfoliation I am getting with the EPII as I use this product, and then immediately afterwards I use the ice elements 2MM and I have a lot of balling up of the IE product, which made me wonder if the EPII was exfoliating my skin or not. Now that you mentioned a film, I wonder if this is why the IE product balls up (the balling up is supposedly dead skin cells). Any thoughts or ideas?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Liz-I have always thought that my skin was too sensitive for any type of manual exfoliation. I guess I was just hoping that the EpidermxII would be an exception. Sad

TAMgirl99-so essentially the crystals did not feel sharp but now that you skin is more sensitive they do? This made me think about something because sometimes if my skin is irritated I can't tolerate things that normally don't bother it. But I don't think that this is why the crystals felt sharp in my case since my skin is in the best shape that it has been in a long time since I have been really focusing on repairing my skin barrier. Broken caps! Shock Are you prone to those? I know that professional microderms can cause those but maybe this can as well, does anyone know?

rileygirl-about the film....It was very slight. I did not wash my face before using the EPII, I just rinsed it with water. Although I don't generally notice a film on my face when I just cleanse with water I suppose this could have been the cause. More likely is that the EPII has oils and is intended to leave a slight layer of these on your skin to keep it moisturized. I don't know enough about the IE product to say if oils would cause the balling up action.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Thanks TheresaL. I may play around with some different products of this type and see if I get a similar reaction with the IE used afterwards.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl--i think the IE 2MM balling up is comprised mainly of the 2MM itself and has actually very little dead skin in it.

tamgirl--i wouldn't use the epidermx as often as everyday. i know amy has instructions for use every night but i think a manual everyday is a bit much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks skincareaddicted. I'm trying to figure this out. tsjmom is getting the same thing happening to her! I am going to do some research and some playing around!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl please post if you find any info about the 2mm. I'm really curious too Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Will do. I posted the question on the IE board so I will give you Shelly's answer when she replies!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz - Are you still loving the Transformation System? I'm having very similar issues as you (tho my hormonal skin attack started at 39 Mad ). I've used IE for 2 mos, and while I really wanted to love it, I didn't notice any real difference in my skin until I started the EII and antibiotics/Finacea routine from the derm. My skin seemed to normalize almost immediately upon using Finacea Smile .

Let me know how it's going w/ the system. TIA Exclamation
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
manslayerliz - Are you still loving the Transformation System? I'm having very similar issues as you (tho my hormonal skin attack started at 39 Mad ). I've used IE for 2 mos, and while I really wanted to love it, I didn't notice any real difference in my skin until I started the EII and antibiotics/Finacea routine from the derm. My skin seemed to normalize almost immediately upon using Finacea Smile .

Let me know how it's going w/ the system. TIA Exclamation

Hi tjsmom! To answer your question, yes, I'm still totally LOVING the transformation system!! I started using it right after thanksgiving. Every morning during thanksgiving at the hotel before I went out to see my fam I had to spend at least 30 agonizing minutes camoflaging my breakouts and scars, and even then I still looked frightful---- I was really miserable. But now my skin is so smooth, soft, and clear---after just a little over a month!!!! The scars are disappearing right before eyes, and makeup now takes me 5 minutes, max! Honestly it feels like nothing short of a miracle, and I will def. be re-purchasing these products when I run out. I've just started using the naturdermx too and so far it's great-- I'll report back again after I've used it for a bit longer.

Like you, I'm also using the finacea and I LOVE it! I feel like it had helped normalize my skin a lot. However, my derm. originally prescribed it to me to help with my scars, and I didn't see outstanding results til I started the transformation system, so I feel like it works well with the system. (Amy has also told me that finacea is compatible with the transformation system.)

As for IE, I like their company a lot and I think the people who run it are really nice so I'm hoping I'll find some IE products that work for me, but so far they haven't really worked out. I took all my transformation products traveling with me over the holidays except for my lavender face foam--- instead I brought a more travel-friendly IE gel cleanser mini, and during our travels both DH and I experienced breakouts. Of course it could have just been the stress of travel, but the cleanser was the only thing in our skincare routine we changed, so it didn't give us a lot of confidence regarding the IE cleasner. Somewhere down the line I'd like to try to IE anti-aging--- have you tried it?

Also, I've started (OK, when I remember) using the chrysalyx on my neck and chest--- I figure these areas could benefit from the goodness of chrysalyx too!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi manslayerliz - Wow, you are so fast w/ your responses. Yes, I've been using the AA and Edelweiss serums, and last week I added in the Radiance duo. Like I said tho, nothing remarkable Confused Keep me posted on how you're doing. I feel like I should use the IE up first b4 I get the greatnewskin pdts. I've already "wasted" sooo much money this yr trying to find the perfect pdts.

PS I really follow your advice as you seem so knowledgeable and sincere and thorough Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I read somewhere on this forum or elsewhere that some people had problems with the corundum crystals getting into their pores. Does anyone know if this can happen with the Epidermx. I am curious to know why you wouldn't get some of the crystals in the pores. Does anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Update! So, after having so much success with the first three products, I finally added the Naturdermx into my routine. The Naturdermx's main function, as I understand it, is both to treat existing wrinkles and prevent new ones. However, as I said before, Amy says that it might also be good for my scars too, so I thought I might as well give it a shot.

I've been using the Naturdermx once a day, at night, after I massage in my Chrysalyx. My first impression of it is that it's VERY rich and quite moisturizing--- much more moisturizing than the Chrysalyx. At first I was afraid that it might break me out, but I haven't had any break outs or clogged pores since I started using it, so I think I'm in the clear. As for how much it's helping my scars... that's difficult to say. The truth is that the first three products have already helped my skin so much that there doesn't seem to be much damage left to heal--- my skin looks great. However, since the Naturdermx certainly isn't hurting anything I plan to keep on using it--- I like the texture, I like how it makes my skin feel (after I apply it my skin feels very refreshed... it's hard to describe...), and I like the idea of preventing wrinkles. Of course, I'll keep the updates coming.

As for Bushy's question, I'm afraid I don't have a good answer, although I have been using the EpidermxII daily for a while now without any new clogged pores, so I feel pretty good about it. However, if you drop Amy a line she'll probably be able to say more about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Liz - what "exactly" does Chrysalyx do? I have that and Epidermx II but I'm not sure what results I should see from Chrysalyx ... other than moisturizing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez--I used the Epidermx II and Chrysalyx samples. I ended up purchasing the epidermx but couldn't bring myself to purchase the full size chryslayx. the price is really high for it, i just basically saw it as another moisturizer, it didn't wow me but it didn't do anything bad for my skin either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Liz - what "exactly" does Chrysalyx do? I have that and Epidermx II but I'm not sure what results I should see from Chrysalyx ... other than moisturizing.

Rjex- Chrysalyx is supposed to be an all around skin rejuvenating product. It contains DMAE, ceramide 3, vitamins, etc, so it's firming, anti-wrinkle, etc. However, for me, those things are just a nice bonus--- the reason I'm such a Chrysalyx fan is when used with EpidermxII it really helps rebuild damaged skin, so it when I use it acne scars are history! When Amy first told me that it would work well for my acne scars I was a little bit skeptical since it seemed to me just like a regular anti-aging product, but now I've been using it twice a day for more than a month and I literally have the best skin I've ever had in my life, so I definitely plan to keep using it. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
liz - i know you are/were a big fan of zb's phyto moisturizer. do you still use that anymore (or any of the zb products) or have you totally switched over to naturderm?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
liz - i know you are/were a big fan of zb's phyto moisturizer. do you still use that anymore (or any of the zb products) or have you totally switched over to naturderm?

sark- I've found that if I skip the phyto moisture my face just gets too dry, esp in the winter, so I still use it. So, I mist my face with Caudalie Grape Water, then Phyto Moisture, then I follow with the Chrysalyx. I also still love The Oxygen Replenish, Moisture Enrich, etc, and I've just discovered ZB's Body Milk Moisturizer and I love it! So, I'm definitely still a big fan of both naturderm and ZB.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
hmm . . . i still have the occasional hormonal/t-zone breakout (esp. forehead and chin) and clogged pores (i know it's gross, but i still get gunk squeezed out with the manual extractor) with the zb routine and e2. i tried the bbb acne serum but didn't like it. i wonder if i add in/substitute the other naturderm products if that would help? the phyto moisture is keeping my sking totally hydrated though, so i don't want to overdo it with too much of a good thing and end up with really clogged pores . . .
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
sark--- if your skin is particularly difficult (like mine!) you might want to consider talking to your derm about getting a presription for differin,tazorac, etc. It would really clean out your pores and help prevent those occasional breakouts you are still experiencing. (ZB's O2 might help too-- have you used it before?) I use tazorac and it works really well with the E2 etc. If the phyto moisture is keeping you hydrated enough then I would say it's probably good to stick with it for now, but if you start using a prescription topical like differin, etc you will probably want to add something like Chrysalyx, moisture enrich, etc for a little more moisture since prescription topicals tend to be drying.

Also, you may have told me this before but I forgot ( Embarassed )--- what are you using for makeup these days? When I started using the transformation system Amy advised me to stop using the drugstore concealer and powder I was using and just use mineral makeup (I use Alima), and it made a big difference for me. (Thanks, Amy! )

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Having recently seen my derm who stressed the importance of using retin A I incorporated it back into my routine. I used Retin A for two nights then used my epidermx for the next two. My face was a major mess so am hoping someone can tell me a better way to use both products?

I ended up with some kind of bumps all over my skin and a lot of redness. I am not sure if it was acne or what just know it has taken two weeks to get my skin calmed down.

Any ideas ladies?

Thanks
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Having recently seen my derm who stressed the importance of using retin A I incorporated it back into my routine. I used Retin A for two nights then used my epidermx for the next two. My face was a major mess so am hoping someone can tell me a better way to use both products?

I ended up with some kind of bumps all over my skin and a lot of redness. I am not sure if it was acne or what just know it has taken two weeks to get my skin calmed down.

Any ideas ladies?

Thanks
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
sark--- if your skin is particularly difficult (like mine!) you might want to consider talking to your derm about getting a presription for differin,tazorac, etc. It would really clean out your pores and help prevent those occasional breakouts you are still experiencing. (ZB's O2 might help too-- have you used it before?) I use tazorac and it works really well with the E2 etc. If the phyto moisture is keeping you hydrated enough then I would say it's probably good to stick with it for now, but if you start using a prescription topical like differin, etc you will probably want to add something like Chrysalyx, moisture enrich, etc for a little more moisture since prescription topicals tend to be drying.

Also, you may have told me this before but I forgot ( Embarassed )--- what are you using for makeup these days? When I started using the transformation system Amy advised me to stop using the drugstore concealer and powder I was using and just use mineral makeup (I use Alima), and it made a big difference for me. (Thanks, Amy! )

i noticed you use both taz and finacea - what is the difference in the two and is one gentler on the skin/causes less redness and flaking? i'm tempted to make a derm appt but i sort of wonder if she'll think i'm a little too fanatical about my skin - the breakouts are never that bad, just one or two active zits (it's the healing time that kills me), and the clogged pores aren't noticeable to normal people - just me with my face pressed up against a lighted mirror Smile
in terms of makeup, i haven't really been using any recently, although i recently tried out the true cosmetics (mmu) blush and pressed powder. i loved the color match of the foundation, but i think i might want to go back and try out the loose. not so crazy about the blush - i still really like the pixi gel blush and might see if i can still use it with mmu, perhaps underneath? i did buy the true concealer though which is quite nice for under the eyes, and think i might also try to pick up a dr. h cover stick to help cover and heal blemishes. i also realized that i bought the wrong color of larenim's loose powder and need to go exchange it at whole foods . . .
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sherri--- I'm sorry to hear that you had problems. You might want to give your face a little more time to adjust to the retin-a before trying E2 again, and then when you do just start slow and build up. Keep us updated!

Sark- Yes you're right, I use both Tazorac and Finacea. Tazorac is a retinoid, so it's supposed to keep your pores unclogged, among other things. However, it's pretty strong stuff, so you may be able to get away with its more gentle sister, Differin. As for Finacea, it's a prescription strenth Azelaic Acid cream. It's actually mainly prescribed for people with rosacea, but it's good for inflammation and also fairly good for red marks, so sometimes people use it for acne too. I don't find Finacea all that harsh, so you may want to ask your derm about it or differin. Keep us updated!^-^

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |