Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
OK, this is intended for Candy...hopefully she reads this thread.

Dear Candy, I am one of the poor slobs who can't use ascorbic acid because it irritates my skin. I would dearly LUV to buy a version of this serum with just the MAP and the tetra-wackywack vit. C. If you ever make a version like that, rest assured that you will have buyers. There's lots of us non-acid users around. Smile

by the way, what ingredient does Candy use to make the oil-based vit. C soluble in serum? Just curious...

you might want to pm her as well with this question, I know Candy works very hard at not crossing self promoting lines on here. Most have been warned to be very careful answering stuff on here, some adhere to it others seem not to. So if she doesn't pop on, email her, shes not ignoring anyone just following eds rules.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
by the way, what ingredient does Candy use to make the oil-based vit. C soluble in serum? Just curious...

since i've so high-jacked this thread, let me try to make up for it by posting the ingredients (from her website):
Ultra Triple C Serum: Distilled water, Cranberry Seed Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopherol (plant based Vitamin E), Orange Hydrosol, Polysorbate 20, Optiphen

and, knowing Candy, i'm sure she would be delighted to make a C without the acids for those that are sensitive to them.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:

Plus Candy just PMed me and really really nicely.

Very Happy sweet as candy

katee--i think i have to purchase another serum and start layering like you do Confused .

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, wheres a dancing guy thingie to use,....but I got my tripple C yesterday, have used it twice and it def sinks right in and def gives that "C glow" after first use....so far so good!!! I have since been corrected from calling it a "flush" Rolling Eyes , so I am no longer flushed but "glowing"!!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie, you could be describing me after a few glasses of wine Laughing !!
tamifaye
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just went online and purchased. Can't wait to get it. Also ordered samples earlier this month of the DMAE and the original Vit C and loved, loved, love them!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:

Dear Candy, I am one of the poor slobs who can't use ascorbic acid because it irritates my skin. I would dearly LUV to buy a version of this serum with just the MAP and the tetra-wackywack vit. C. If you ever make a version like that, rest assured that you will have buyers. There's lots of us non-acid users around. Smile

Poco, I've tried just a handful of other vit c's w/ ascorbic acid (such as DYvonne's triple c and her other c's earlier this past year) and they were way too harsh on my sensitive skin and most of the time I have a hard time finding anything that I can use. Well, I've been using this just a few days, too early I think to really make any drawn conclusions, but I have to say aside from absolutely loving the way it makes my skin look, glowey and porecelin like (the IS active serum I've been using too the last few days helps) my skin is having no reaction to this formula whatsoever, I love it. Now if I could just get rid of the few pimples I have, it would look perfect!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Dancar. I ordered a sample of Candy's Triple C and I can't wait to try it. Smile
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
MUST FIGHT LEMMING INSTINCT... MUST USE UP OTHER Cs FIRST... MUST GET THROUGH AT LEAST ONE DAY OF NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION... SO HARD! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
dancar3 wrote:
PocoLoco wrote:

Poco, I've tried just a handful of other vit c's w/ ascorbic acid (such as DYvonne's triple c and her other c's earlier this past year) and they were way too harsh on my sensitive skin and most of the time I have a hard time finding anything that I can use. Well, I've been using this just a few days, too early I think to really make any drawn conclusions, but I have to say aside from absolutely loving the way it makes my skin look, glowey and porecelin like (the IS active serum I've been using too the last few days helps) my skin is having no reaction to this formula whatsoever, I love it. Now if I could just get rid of the few pimples I have, it would look perfect!

dancar3-Wow! I am really surprised that a 20% ascorbic acid C serum is not irritating your skin since so many other "weaker" ones did. I wonder what it is about Candy's serum that would allow sensitive skins to tolerate it? But then again if you are using the ISC Active your skin can't be too sensitive.

PocoLoco I really, really look forward to reading about your reaction to this C serum! I do follow your reactions to products since I consider your skin sensitivity level to be similar to mine (except with retinol Wink ). BTW on what makes the oil-based ingredients work with the water ones. I just found out that Polysorbates are emulsifiers so there actually is an emulsifier in this product!
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
[quote="TheresaL"][quote="dancar3"]
PocoLoco wrote:
OK, this is intended for Candy...hopefully she reads this thread

dancar3-Wow! I am really surprised that a 20% ascorbic acid C serum is not irritating your skin since so many other "weaker" ones did. I wonder what it is about Candy's serum that would allow sensitive skins to tolerate it? But then again if you are using the ISC Active your skin can't be too sensitive.

Well, I am really surprised too since I couldn't handle the triple C nor the 10% or 12%vit. C serums from DYvonne. I about cancelled my order when I heard that Candy's was 20% and when I emailed her about it, I decided to stick w/ it.....so far I'm glad I did.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
dancar3 please update after a few weeks or so. I would be very interested to see how this works for you!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat with dancar. I was going to give up the C serums for winter time because my skin all of a sudden couldn't tolerate C serums even though I was able to use skinceuticals CE ferulic in summer without any problems. I tried Candy's CE ferulic and IS clinical and they were too irritating. I don't experience any problem with Candy's triple C serum, and I use it for 2 weeks already.
The only downside is it leaves the film on my skin that balls up, so I have to use it in the evening. Does anyone else experience similar problem?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
That's odd about the film. I find it absorbs really fast...hardly any wait time. Believe me, I don't like filmy products so I think I would hae noticed...are you using something else under or over that might be causing this?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
This is strange. I apply it on a clean skin. Sad
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
The only downside is it leaves the film on my skin that balls up, so I have to use it in the evening. Does anyone else experience similar problem?

Yes! I was just about to post on this issue. I have the same problem and it's frustrating because I want to use it in the morning to give myself a glow. Initially, I couldn't figure out which product it was that kept balling up but I have narrowed it down to this one. It balls up with my Sofina sunscreen as well as any type of foundation/tinted moisturizer. My regular IE moisturizer seems to be okay with it, so I guess it just balls up when it interacts with some other type of ingredient.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
For me it balls up even if I don't use anything on top.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
really, I just put it on (I'm waiting to apply dmae) and my skin feels like I have nothing on..no balling at all. After dmae it's sunscreen & a tm... Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I layer several serums and have found no balling or filminess at all.... I really am in love with this stuff
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if Candy inadvertently added more of the ingredient that balls up in the ones giving us problems. hmm
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, I wonder if people's skin type (dry vs oily) has anything to do with it?

Katee, is your skin oily, dry, or normal? Tamgirl, what about you? And the other folks who said that this balled up on them?

I haven't received my sample yet but I'm anxious to find out if it balls up for me.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I wonder if Candy inadvertently added more of the ingredient that balls up in the ones giving us problems. hmm

That what I thought too, maybe we've got the product from different batches.

PocoLoco, I have combination skin that is more oily in summer and on a dry side in winter.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I thought it might help to describe our products for reference as well. My triple C is much thicker than Candy's DMAE and has almost a slimey texture to it. Is anyone's triple C similar in texture to the DMAE, which in my opinion is almost like pure water?

PocoLoco - My skin is normal to dry, and more dry this time of year.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
My triple C is watery, much like the dmae but SLIGHTLY oilier...and I mean slightly.BTW I have oily/normalish skin
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I didn't try DMAE, so cannot compare, but I agree with Tamgirl description.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |