Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
katee wrote:
Emma2006 wrote:
carolb69 wrote:
I emailed Candy and she got back to me and said to take off the $9 int shipping! Yay cant wait to try it. Thanks Candy.

That is really good. Very Happy

I would like to try Candy's new lip product but am reluctant to pay $17 (AU) for shipping.

I know that it is there as a protection with weight on larger orders. However, most smaller companies I buy from only charge me what it costs them in shipping and packaging which I really appreciate.

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!!

Hear ye, hear ye ! ( Wink

I live in the U.S., and sometimes, when I order from Candy, the shopping cart software that she uses sends the postage thru the roof. It does the same thing for international orders. It has been addressed in several other threads and it keeps coming up. Unfortunately, Candy's ethics keep her from posting a big bold post clarifying the point.

If you make a purchase from her, and the shopping cart sends the s & h rate out of wack, all you have to do is put a note in the designated PayPal area calling it to her attention. More often than not, she catches it and issues refunds without people even asking, but since the addition of new products always sends her orders thru the stratosphere, I'd just call it to her attention to be safe.

The fact is, her prices are so far below what is charged for comparable products that I'd be willing to pay the high postage. It's just that if the money is going to go in someone's pocket, my preference would be that it NOT go into the pocket of the USPS, at least not until they manage to find some reasonably civil people to work in my local post office!

Although I quite liked the product I ordered, it's still $19USD to come to Canada which, IMHO,
is quite expensive....

Really havana8? Candy told me that it won't cost that much to ship to Canada and she would refund the shipping....19US for shipping is enough for me to deter from ordering... Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered twice from Candy and both times I was emailed showing a refund on some of the postage and both times I received this message via another email: Your package will be shipped by PayPal Shipping with U.S. Postal Service.

Candessense is one of the best companys that I have ordered from. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
katee wrote:
Emma2006 wrote:
carolb69 wrote:
I emailed Candy and she got back to me and said to take off the $9 int shipping! Yay cant wait to try it. Thanks Candy.

That is really good. Very Happy

I would like to try Candy's new lip product but am reluctant to pay $17 (AU) for shipping.

I know that it is there as a protection with weight on larger orders. However, most smaller companies I buy from only charge me what it costs them in shipping and packaging which I really appreciate.

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!!

Hear ye, hear ye ! ( Wink

I live in the U.S., and sometimes, when I order from Candy, the shopping cart software that she uses sends the postage thru the roof. It does the same thing for international orders. It has been addressed in several other threads and it keeps coming up. Unfortunately, Candy's ethics keep her from posting a big bold post clarifying the point.

If you make a purchase from her, and the shopping cart sends the s & h rate out of wack, all you have to do is put a note in the designated PayPal area calling it to her attention. More often than not, she catches it and issues refunds without people even asking, but since the addition of new products always sends her orders thru the stratosphere, I'd just call it to her attention to be safe.

The fact is, her prices are so far below what is charged for comparable products that I'd be willing to pay the high postage. It's just that if the money is going to go in someone's pocket, my preference would be that it NOT go into the pocket of the USPS, at least not until they manage to find some reasonably civil people to work in my local post office!

Although I quite liked the product I ordered, it's still $19USD to come to Canada which, IMHO, is quite expensive....

The shipping costs totalled US$19 for me on checkout but Candy gave me a US$6 refund and did not even ask her.

Candy, could you please let me know whether I need to store the Ultra Triple C in the fridge?

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Really havana8? Candy told me that it won't cost that much to ship to Canada and she would refund the shipping....19US for shipping is enough for me to deter from ordering... Mad

Perhaps it is different now? In December, though, when I ordered the Triple C Serum (which I quite liked! by the way), the shipping was $19US... It is a deterrent for me too. Sad
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I think you should've emailed Candy about it havana. I ordered in late dec/early jan and I emailed her instead of going through her site and asked whether shipping would be cheaper to Canada. She told me it would be 5USD if she can fit it all into a Global Priority envelope - I ended up ordered her Encore hand cream, HA and Triple C and paid that 5 dollars of shipping. However I wouldn't know how much it would cost if you made a larger order.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered some stuff from Candy and she gave me a part-refund too on shipping. If you're worried at all, contact her. Her customer service is superb.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I just ordered some stuff from Candy and she gave me a part-refund too on shipping. If you're worried at all, contact her. Her customer service is superb.

Yup, that's Candy. The only other company that I have ordered from that charges the actual or close to the dollar amount for shipping is Ice Elements.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm.... this is very interesting and good to know!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Hmmmm.... this is very interesting and good to know!

Havana8, you should definitely contact Candy because she does refund shipping.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yah, she had refunded shipping some for me too!
homergirls
5% products discount

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
is this the ultra triple c serum??????
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
homergirls wrote:
is this the ultra triple c serum??????

yessum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Today is the second time I try my Triple-C serum sample. The first time, I thought the texture was like water but a little sticky. Took a while to be satin smooth. It was a fine experience. I didn't use it the day after the first time because I did not go out of the house at all. Today, the sample came out with tiny white/milky white/half transparent particles. My skin didn't absorb them when I try to rub them in a little. They just fall off my face into the sink. The serum was also felt more sticky and took longer to dry to satin smooth and then it felt fine underneath my sunblock...should I be concerned?? Did anyone else experience this with Triple-C? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat,
Try shaking your container before using it.

kimberly
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Today is the second time I try my Triple-C serum sample. The first time, I thought the texture was like water but a little sticky. Took a while to be satin smooth. It was a fine experience. I didn't use it the day after the first time because I did not go out of the house at all. Today, the sample came out with tiny white/milky white/half transparent particles. My skin didn't absorb them when I try to rub them in a little. They just fall off my face into the sink. The serum was also felt more sticky and took longer to dry to satin smooth and then it felt fine underneath my sunblock...should I be concerned?? Did anyone else experience this with Triple-C? Confused

or def contact her, you might of gotten a bad one! Mine def does not do anything your saying, nor is it sticky at all! Please note tho, it should be watery, thats about the only part that is like mine.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
When I pump out the Triple C, there's some speck of white grainy stuff that comes out with it. Does anyone know what it is? It's not liquid. I think I like the Triple C serum. I want to order the full size but was wondering if it will go bad before I can finish it.

bkkgirl,
That's exactly what happened to my sample too. I do worry about full-size. Did you contact Candy about it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Wild Cat,

kimberly

Hi BlueHeart,
This morning I shaked my Triple C sample and the white particles are still there. They also wouldn't absorb just fall off my face. The texture is still sticky. I am starting to think I got a bad patch and I wonder if full-size wouldn't have any problem. I think I will contact Candy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Wild Cat,

kimberly

Hi BlueHeart,
This morning I shaked my Triple C sample and the white particles are still there. They also wouldn't absorb just fall off my face. The texture is still sticky. I am starting to think I got a bad patch and I wonder if full-size wouldn't have any problem. I think I will contact Candy.

I have Candy's C+E C Serum and there're big chunk of crystals at the bottom of the bottle. No matter how hard I shake the bottle they won't disolve. When I pump the serum out it's "SANDY" and to a point the pump was totally stocked and I had to transfer the serum to another bottle. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Wild Cat,

kimberly

Hi BlueHeart,

I have Candy's C+E C Serum and there're big chunk of crystals at the bottom of the bottle. No matter how hard I shake the bottle they won't disolve. When I pump the serum out it's "SANDY" and to a point the pump was totally stocked and I had to transfer the serum to another bottle. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Hello MACrisis,
Did you try to contact Candy about it? I emailed her about my Triple-C sample and she replied that something is weird and she is making a new patch and will send a sample to me.
I wonder if other users of C+E serum had similar experience? If her C-serums do form chunks, then I am not sure how stable they are.
Wild Cat

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I also have to chime in and mention that my sample also had something "grainy" that pumped out with the serum. It didn't bother me as it was only a sample, but if I'd gotten the full size, I'd definitely be concerned. BTW shaking the container didn't do any good.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
All of yall need to contact Candy, she always fixes anything thats wrong! If something went wango, and shes now aware of it, I am sure she will fix the prob for you! In the past if an issue ever arose, she handeled it fast...she will not and I repeat will not answer on here, for one its against forum rules to do her business here, so please just email her!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is within forum's regulation to ask about if other people experience the same thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I think it is within forum's regulation to ask about if other people experience the same thing.

oh absolutely, I didn't mean that at all, just ment Candy won't pop on here and tell you to contact her or send it back..ect...I say bitch, brag or both on any product, I def do!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
...the thing is, I used up the sample, grains 'n all, so it'd be a bit cheesy to ask her to replace it Shock
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
...the thing is, I used up the sample, grains 'n all, so it'd be a bit cheesy to ask her to replace it Shock

I think Candy would still love to replace it for you but it would had been better if you informed her of the situation earlier Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |