Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Author Message
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use this product in the am or the pm? Does it go on before anything else? Just trying to see where to fit this in. Thanks for any input!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Do you use this product in the am or the pm? Does it go on before anything else? Just trying to see where to fit this in. Thanks for any input!


C serums are generally applied in the morning, before anything else. It's also a good idea to let it absorb about 15 minutes (I don't but one should) before slapping on other stuff.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 1777
Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
charis wrote:
Do you use this product in the am or the pm? Does it go on before anything else? Just trying to see where to fit this in. Thanks for any input!


C serums are generally applied in the morning, before anything else. It's also a good idea to let it absorb about 15 minutes (I don't but one should) before slapping on other stuff.



Eh? ok once again, I've been doing it all wrong! I use it at night and have never waited to slap everything else on....sighs....no wonder I don't look 12....now ya tell me
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Actually MM, from what I've read on EDS using Vit C at night is better for collagen production but a lot of people like me prefer to use it in the daytime to complement my sun protection. There are a lot of threads on the use of Vit C in EDS, if you are unclear it really helps to read over them as I wondered about the same thing when I started with Vit C quite a while ago.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 1777
Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the info, now I don't feel quiet so stupid, I prefer nite, not sure why but I do! Now if I can wait the 15 mins, sighs, doubtful, but will give it my best go!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Could you wear it at night under tazorac?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 1777
Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Could you wear it at night under tazorac?


if Tazorac is an A, I'd def do them at different times, C in am, A at night...hope that helps.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
thanks for the info, now I don't feel quiet so stupid, I prefer nite, not sure why but I do! Now if I can wait the 15 mins, sighs, doubtful, but will give it my best go!


Why would you feel stupid? A lot of people use it p.m. Just a.m. is usually for photoprotection & p.m. most people like to exfoliate their skin off! Then they try to repair it! Laughing You should hear me talk about CPs Embarassed BTW, I always tell people to wait like yur supposed to, but I never have the patience.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Pffft... I NEVER wait. Who has the time? Rolling Eyes
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 1777
Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
thanks for the info, now I don't feel quiet so stupid, I prefer nite, not sure why but I do! Now if I can wait the 15 mins, sighs, doubtful, but will give it my best go!


Why would you feel stupid? A lot of people use it p.m. Just a.m. is usually for photoprotection & p.m. most people like to exfoliate their skin off! Then they try to repair it! Laughing You should hear me talk about CPs Embarassed BTW, I always tell people to wait like yur supposed to, but I never have the patience.


well I don't know, but for a moment there I thought ut oh, been doing it ALL WRONG! Now I am feeling close to brilliant!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 865
Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same issue w/ my triple C sample that I bought after Katee's fab rec for it.

I'm in a quandry now as my Super Serum is about to run out, and I don't know if I should reorder it or another C serum. Alot of experienced EDS members, whose opinions I respect, are still gaga over Candy's triple C, so I'm torn. Maybe she changed the formula, maybe the sample bottle didn't work well for the pdt, etc. The price is right so it's tempting Confused
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Posts: 1530
Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I had the same issue w/ my triple C sample that I bought after Katee's fab rec for it.

I'm in a quandry now as my Super Serum is about to run out, and I don't know if I should reorder it or another C serum. Alot of experienced EDS members, whose opinions I respect, are still gaga over Candy's triple C, so I'm torn. Maybe she changed the formula, maybe the sample bottle didn't work well for the pdt, etc. The price is right so it's tempting Confused


Hi tsjmom,
Why don't you contact Candy and see if she is willing to replace you with a new sample? Candy deserve a chance to redeem herself and you will be able to decide whether you want to purchase the full-size.
Just my 2Cents,
Wild Cat

_________________
Simple but No Simplier...Approaching late 20s, Normal/Combination Skin, Rarely Breakout now but have some old acne marks, sunspots, & broken caps
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think a lot of these problems have to do with the packaging. I've never bought a sample but I have the full size pump and it's HORRIBLE. This was mentioned before in another thread but apart from inconsistent "squirting" (on good days it squirts out, on bad days I pump 5+ times and still nothing comes out), I brought it on my trip to HK with me a few months back and I closed it tightly, no leaks but the OUTER sides/edges of the pump were crusted with white crystallised flaky stuff. So I can see how this can happen easily happen to the samples as well if they are packaged in even LESS air tight containers or something. However I still really like the product and am in need to repurchase within the next month but I am definitely requesting a dropper bottle this time. Apart from not being very functional pumps, they're not aesthetically pleasing either so they can't even redeem themselves and escape from being classified as REALLY plastic cheap pump bottles!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 1777
Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I had the same issue w/ my triple C sample that I bought after Katee's fab rec for it.

I'm in a quandry now as my Super Serum is about to run out, and I don't know if I should reorder it or another C serum. Alot of experienced EDS members, whose opinions I respect, are still gaga over Candy's triple C, so I'm torn. Maybe she changed the formula, maybe the sample bottle didn't work well for the pdt, etc. The price is right so it's tempting Confused


Just so you know the formula has been revised and its very very good! I had no idea it had been revised and was blown away at the difference, when infact I thought the first version rocked. So I think the complaints happening are due to the old formula. But def email Candy and let her know what happened!

As to the bottle, that has been addressed 1000 times, it pumped funny due to the insert being so far down to the bottom, so it created an airtight bottle. It never really bothered me, I just pumped it out very very slowly and then would have no prob, others just put it in a diff bottle, either way the product rocks! Oh side note, my last order, the bottle was def different and none of these issues applied.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Candy is also getting new bottles coming in, YAY! Very Happy She always provides wonderful CS^^
Sonu
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Posts: 16
Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I have normal brown skin (asian Indian) which tans easily. I started using candy's triple C serum about 2 days ago. I was using PSF untill recently and switched to CTC after reading the reviews here.

What I noticed was that Candy's triple C serum is giving my skin a dark brown tan tint.....and my skin color has darkened a lot after I started using it. The reason I am using C serums in the first place, is because it gives me a kind of brightness, which I like and this serum totally negates that effect.

Does anyone else experience it?. I am really upset about this since I was looking forward to using this serum.
TheShadow
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 15
Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my! That is terrible! Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1075
Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Sonu

I haven't experienced that effect at all, so I can't really help you with that aspect. All forms of Vitamin C (both water-soluble and oil-soluble) are proven lighteners, so this is a puzzle. If you've used other C serums without this effect, you use sunscreen religiously and the Triple C is the only change you've made to your routine, then the only thing I can recommend is that you contact Candessence and see if Candy can help you figure this out.

hth

Ari

Sonu wrote:
I have normal brown skin (asian Indian) which tans easily. I started using candy's triple C serum about 2 days ago. I was using PSF untill recently and switched to CTC after reading the reviews here.

What I noticed was that Candy's triple C serum is giving my skin a dark brown tan tint.....and my skin color has darkened a lot after I started using it. The reason I am using C serums in the first place, is because it gives me a kind of brightness, which I like and this serum totally negates that effect.

Does anyone else experience it?. I am really upset about this since I was looking forward to using this serum.

_________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh Crap, She's up!" Unknown
System
Automatic Message
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Orlane 24 Hour Hydration Limited Edition (50 ml) Bremenn Clinical Strength Smooth Serum (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)