Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Author Message
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 860
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Does anyone know what the percentages are for the different forms of C in this serum? TIA

I'd love to know the same thing! Embarassed I'm actually quite excited to learn about Candy's "Ultra Triple C Serum" ($40/oz) as my sensitive skin will appreciate it more than the L-Ascorbic Acid versions AND I can manage the pH business easier. Wow....I am so glad I've held off on buying anything else - I'd be SOOOOO peeved had I done so!

BTW, Candy's site is also showing her new Matrixly 3000 "Firming Serum" ($30/oz). It, too, sounds amazing. Dancing Way to go, Candy!!!

_________________
Fair with mild rosascea & combination skin (dry with oily t-zone)
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
BTW, Candy's site is also showing her new Matrixly 3000 "Firming Serum" ($30/oz). It, too, sounds amazing. Way to go, Candy!!!


I don't see it. Rolling Eyes
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Quote:
BTW, Candy's site is also showing her new Matrixly 3000 "Firming Serum" ($30/oz). It, too, sounds amazing. Way to go, Candy!!!


I don't see it. Rolling Eyes



Oh, you know you do Wink
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
It's there Winnie. Next to the last item on the skincare page, just above the triple c serum. If you still can't find it, it might just be the way your cookies are set. If so, once you land on the skincare page, just hit your refresh button and that should fix it. Wink
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
This might be a stupid question but could someone enlighten me as to the benefits of using 3 different forms of vitamin C rather than just the usual L'ascorbic acid? Embarassed
I was almost pushed over the edge with the 20% last night by la vie en rose and now this! I'm so confused as to which one I should get as I'm not quite sure of the difference and which would be better suited for my skin.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Aug 2006
Posts: 385
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, Candy -- there are NO (and I mean NO) C serums that I enjoy using because I can't stand the oily feeling they all leave behind. And my skin REALLY needs Vit C!!

So -- just to make it official...



Dear Officer Candy,

Oh, please, won't you make your new SuperDuperHighOctane C Serum available on your site??!!

Soon!

Thanks!
Marla Cool

_________________
Age 41; Oily; Acne prone; Resilient; Currently loving Tazorac, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate and Deep Tissue Repair; Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Aug 2006
Posts: 385
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
ooops -- I see it now! Embarassed

Marla

_________________
Age 41; Oily; Acne prone; Resilient; Currently loving Tazorac, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate and Deep Tissue Repair; Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
kalegr
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 207
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm out of Vit C so have just ordered this one and Eye'll Be Seeing You. I am looking forward to using these products! Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I was almost pushed over the edge with the 20% last night by la vie en rose and now this! I'm so confused as to which one I should get as I'm not quite sure of the difference and which would be better suited for my skin.

get a sample of both, says the little parisian devil Bad Grin (honestly don't know the answer to this, but i still stand by my statement. whatever the science behind the thing, your skin will tell you true.)

katee -- you gun-toting, garter-belted gal (hmmmmmm, wonder what my dreams will be tonight? add a shower cap and....), you know damn well i was moaning about being here because that means i never get a chance to be a guinea pig! hell, by the time my shipments arrive, she's got a new product out, the witch!. police brutality, i tell you!

fifi -- i feel for you.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sormuimui,

There have been a few recent studies on this that indicate that the use of a cocktail of L-ascorbic acid, map, and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate seems to enhance the effectiveness of any one of the three used alone, regardless of concentration. Candy had the foresight to put together a formulation. Hope that helps!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy

OK, I've had a stressful day - all this skincare stuff is EXHAUSTING !!!!

I'm going home, keeping the lights out in the master bath, lighting some yummy candles, popping the cork on a bottle of whatever I grab first, and taking a long luxurious bath to kick off the weekend.

Try to stay outta trouble, will ya? Wink
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy

OK, I've had a stressful day - all this skincare stuff is EXHAUSTING !!!!

I'm going home, keeping the lights out in the master bath, lighting some yummy candles, popping the cork on a bottle of whatever I grab first, and taking a long luxurious bath to kick off the weekend.

Try to stay outta trouble, will ya? Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Does anyone know what the percentages are for the different forms of C in this serum? TIA


Just got the info from the lady herself on the c serum:

It's 20% Ascorbic, 8% Tetra & 5% Map.


I not up on my Tetras & Maps but the Ascorbic is as potent as you can get.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 1769
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks marina! Smile

That is way too much ascorbic acid for me!!! Offhand I would say that the percentages for the other forms look good. I guess I will be sticking with my SkinMedica C. I think that I prefer the fact that the base for the SkinMedica has absolutly no water since it makes it more stable so even if Candy's had less C, I would probably still stick with the SkinMedica....
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Posts: 1777
Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
sormuimui wrote:
I was almost pushed over the edge with the 20% last night by la vie en rose and now this! I'm so confused as to which one I should get as I'm not quite sure of the difference and which would be better suited for my skin.

get a sample of both, says the little parisian devil Bad Grin (honestly don't know the answer to this, but i still stand by my statement. whatever the science behind the thing, your skin will tell you true.)

katee -- you gun-toting, garter-belted gal (hmmmmmm, wonder what my dreams will be tonight? add a shower cap and....), you know damn well i was moaning about being here because that means i never get a chance to be a guinea pig! hell, by the time my shipments arrive, she's got a new product out, the witch!. police brutality, i tell you!

fifi -- i feel for you.


I am with ya La vie en rose...geez I am just a nice little old lady from Texas, done nothing wrong all year (ok nose is growing a bit), been nice to all (growing further), and here Katee, the mean evil lawyer, gets this before US...geez, where do we file complaints!!!!!and if this keeps up, I'll just have to reach into my robe for my own weapon... Ok back to my corner to pout.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 657
Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
sormuimui wrote:
I was almost pushed over the edge with the 20% last night by la vie en rose and now this! I'm so confused as to which one I should get as I'm not quite sure of the difference and which would be better suited for my skin.

get a sample of both, says the little parisian devil Bad Grin (honestly don't know the answer to this, but i still stand by my statement. whatever the science behind the thing, your skin will tell you true.)

katee -- you gun-toting, garter-belted gal (hmmmmmm, wonder what my dreams will be tonight? add a shower cap and....), you know damn well i was moaning about being here because that means i never get a chance to be a guinea pig! hell, by the time my shipments arrive, she's got a new product out, the witch!. police brutality, i tell you!

fifi -- i feel for you.


I am with ya La vie en rose...geez I am just a nice little old lady from Texas, done nothing wrong all year (ok nose is growing a bit), been nice to all (growing further), and here Katee, the mean evil lawyer, gets this before US...geez, where do we file complaints!!!!!and if this keeps up, I'll just have to reach into my robe for my own weapon... Ok back to my corner to pout.

rofl "mean evil lawyer"
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
MEAN.....EVIL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

gaspppppppppp
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1075
Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
lemming, lemming, lemming. That's me. Just went out and ordered (THANKS a LOT, guys Rolling Eyes) Lucky me, there's NO such thing as too much Ascorbic Acid for me (at least, so far as I've been using 30%)

Anywho, the reason I posted is 'cause I thought Candy's listing on her website was funny. And I quote,

"Ultra Triple C Serum

Step away from the shower cap and no one will get hurt Maam....

A super - sonic C serum containing the 'new kid on the block' Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate with Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Ascorbic Acid all in a simple base. A dense serum, a little goes a long way
."

Ari

_________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh Crap, She's up!" Unknown
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 674
Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Another item to add to my order from Candy!

It's great that you can order samples from Candy now cause I'm not sure whether a 20% concentration would be too high for me and I can sample more of her awesome products.

_________________
53, normal/oily skin, concerns: wrinkles/lines/bags under eyes
rgw0125w
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 37
Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
what is candy's website?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
rgw0125w wrote:
what is candy's website?

http://www.candessence.com/
(the serum we're talking about is under Skin Care)
rgw0125w
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 37
Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you sooo much, I guess I need to find a second job to support my wish list!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 1190
Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
fifi -- i feel for you.


Just realised what a moaning minnie I must sound like Embarassed . There are a lot of people worse off and I'm just being greedy and jealous of all our US friends on here. Off to get myself a dose of Christmas cheer...and surf Candy's updated site Laughing !
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Posts: 652
Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
*tries to use this thread consolation* It is a GOOD thing that Candy came out with this later, after the December offer.

I can now happily console myself with the promise of the NEW super duper C and M serums.

...not trying to sound whingy but can someone explain to me why Candy charges $18 for shipping overseas? It is just a psychological hurdle I can't get over, though Katee and Melissa's reviews have been a great help Laughing.

_________________
Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
...not trying to sound whingy but can someone explain to me why Candy charges $18 for shipping overseas?

i think it depends on the weight and all. Candy's a one-gal operation so she has a program that calculates shipping. if it's a bit high, so what! her products are so wonderful and inexpensive that i don't mind paying that extra little bit of shipping. just tack it onto the price of the product and you won't have to feel so bad.... besides, *she* is the one who has to schlep to the post office, fill out the forms, wait in line, etc. even whilst carrying out a full-time job, raising a family, and coming up with devilish new potions for all our whimseys! she probably groans every time she gets an order from us overseas gals, yet she still is kind enough to offer to sell to us even though it must be a real pain in the a$$.

so just swallow the shipping charge! it bugs me usually too, but not with a one woman show.... i'm just grateful she's willing to sell to me.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)