Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Candy's new High Octane C serum...... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I actually find Candy's shipping rates very reasonable. It's those ones who charge $50+ to send a tiny little product to the UK websites that really make me mad (and make me want to go and live in the US)!

Plus the fact that Candessence goodies are usually rather heavy and packed in a sturdy, protective box. So I reckon it's good value.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I have alot of friends who live on the other side of the pond and have been sending off xmas gifts this last week or so.

Geeeez ! The combination of this Homeland Security business and the fact that Bush has successfully alienated virtually every nation on earth (and hence THEIR custom regs are now as bothersome as ours...) has made international shipping a TOTAL and complete PITA !!!!!

If I were Candy, I think I'd have to tag on an extra ten bucks for every international shipment so I could out for a nice glass of wine after the p.o.

Everyone in the U.S. jokes about people "going postal." The only thing that surprises me is that the shooter is usually the postal employee and NOT the customer Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
ok Katees not a mean evil lawyer, I got a bit carried away in my dramatic moment Exclamation And as far as Candy's shipping charges I can attest to my shipping label being even higher on my box than she even charged me, now were talking about 25cents, but still thats 25 cents shes eating, so I seriously doubt in any way shape or form that shes making a penny on anyones shipping.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think the shipping price is good. I have been quoted a minimum of $100 to ship a few things from US to UK for my future grandbaby. Now thats extortion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mad I AM SO MEAN AND EVIL !!!! Mad
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:

and that's why we love you! Embarassed i mean. and that's why we hate you!

BTW: wearing the garters? (she ponders while sipping upon a $10 *bottle* of exquisite wine)
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
What's up with Katee's garters then - did I miss something?? Maybe all will be clear after some more wine......
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
What's up with Katee's garters then - did I miss something?? Maybe all will be clear after some more wine......

it's what she wears when she's going off at coppers.... have some more wine and read the second page of this. all will be clear. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18673
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
rofl !!! I had missed that thread before. Will have to keep tuned in to make sure I see Candy post that picture Laughing .
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhhhhh la vie en rose, when was the last time you were here in the U.S.???? That ten bucks was for a GLASS of exquisite wine!

(snapping mah garter and winking....)
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
*tries to use this thread consolation* It is a GOOD thing that Candy came out with this later, after the December offer.

I can now happily console myself with the promise of the NEW super duper C and M serums.

...not trying to sound whingy but can someone explain to me why Candy charges $18 for shipping overseas? It is just a psychological hurdle I can't get over, though Katee and Melissa's reviews have been a great help Laughing.

oh, i have to disagree here Embarassed , $18 sounds quite high for one bottle of serum. How many items is this for and is this for global overseas priority?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
katee wrote:

BTW: wearing the garters? (she ponders while sipping upon a $10 *bottle* of exquisite wine)

Now Now, if you shop isle 12 at local grocery store, I bet one can find a cough cough exquisite bottle of wine for ten bucks!!! Just bring ur I.D. after all these serums, you'll need it..or at least to bail Katee out of jail for posession of a weapon or umm solisitation, roflmao......and I tried to ponder the garter thing, but got a frightening picture in my head.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
*cough* I guess I shouldn't have asked questions late at night. But thank you la vie en rose and everyone else for explaining her shipping a little bit.

I guess I should have rephrased my question and asked what postage service she uses. America is so confusing since you seem to have quite a few different international postage service/companies, compared with the simple choices available to Australia. I know that some services charge alot more than others, and I was wondering which one she was using.

Plus Candy just PMed me and really really nicely.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:

Now Now, if you shop isle 12 at local grocery store, I bet one can find a cough cough exquisite bottle of wine for ten bucks!!! Just bring ur I.D. after all these serums, you'll need it...

rofl
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
katee wrote:

Now Now, if you shop isle 12 at local grocery store, I bet one can find a cough cough exquisite bottle of wine for ten bucks!!!

in my defense, it's actually €10 (horrid exchange rate right now) and we *do* consider this a bit of a splurge here. average nightly bottle is most likely under €3 Laughing the one cheap thing in france!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
WOW La vie I neven imagined it was that inexpensive I am jealous.

How is this serum different from the 20% C Serum that is listed now? Is it the one you are talking about?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Laughing..... OMG I can't tell if we're talking about serums or wine now!!! (hiccup)
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:

How is this serum different from the 20% C Serum that is listed now? Is it the one you are talking about?

On Candy's website it's called the "ulta tripple C serum" it's 20% 1-ascorbic plus the other two types of c mentioned here.
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
sharky wrote:

On Candy's website it's called the "ulta tripple C serum" it's 20% 1-ascorbic plus the other two types of c mentioned here.

So would this serum be too strong for the person just beginning w/ a Vit C routine? I hope not as I just placed my first order w/ her since I couldn't put it off any longer and been wanting to try her DMAE too!
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
dancar3 wrote:
dealated wrote:
sharky wrote:

So would this serum be too strong for the person just beginning w/ a Vit C routine? I hope not as I just placed my first order w/ her since I couldn't put it off any longer and been wanting to try her DMAE too!

It depends on how tough your skin is, if your skin is sensitive at all, I would say to not start with this serum. I was able to start with a 20% serum with no problems and had this been available, I probably would have started with it instead.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
lemming, lemming, lemming. That's me. Just went out and ordered (THANKS a LOT, guys Rolling Eyes) Lucky me, there's NO such thing as too much Ascorbic Acid for me (at least, so far as I've been using 30%)

Anywho, the reason I posted is 'cause I thought Candy's listing on her website was funny. And I quote,

"Ultra Triple C Serum

Step away from the shower cap and no one will get hurt Maam....

A super - sonic C serum containing the 'new kid on the block' Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate with Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Ascorbic Acid all in a simple base. A dense serum, a little goes a long way
."

Ari

Do you happen to know what ingredient is keeping the Vitamin C stable?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
katee wrote:

Now Now, if you shop isle 12 at local grocery store, I bet one can find a cough cough exquisite bottle of wine for ten bucks!!!

in my defense, it's actually €10 (horrid exchange rate right now) and we *do* consider this a bit of a splurge here. average nightly bottle is most likely under €3 Laughing the one cheap thing in france!

My God, I can't buy anything here for $3.00, buying my plane ticket, were def going out where you live to get drunk...It'll be a cheap nite out!!! You won't be able to miss me at the airport, I'll be the one in a robe hiding my double barrel shotgun and looking all of 12!!!And then we can buy more of Candy's stuff Cool !!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
katee wrote:

My God, I can't buy anything here for $3.00, buying my plane ticket, were def going out where you live to get drunk...It'll be a cheap nite out!!! You won't be able to miss me at the airport, I'll be the one in a robe hiding my double barrel shotgun and looking all of 12!!!And then we can buy more of Candy's stuff Cool !!

what do you mean *buy* more??? Candy's going to join us here, sporting the newest trend in shower caps (katee will be with her in a matching garter). we'll get her drunk, drag her by the sea kelp, and lock her in my kitchen to make LVER and MM custom products!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
damn ur good, why didn't I think of that. Katee, Candy and I can all fly over together. Of course we'll be beating the men off with sticks, spec with Katee in her garters and Candy in her showercap...and don't forget my lovely 10 yr old robe......... Embarassed but a few vinos later and who will care????
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
OK, this is intended for Candy...hopefully she reads this thread.

Dear Candy, I am one of the poor slobs who can't use ascorbic acid because it irritates my skin. I would dearly LUV to buy a version of this serum with just the MAP and the tetra-wackywack vit. C. If you ever make a version like that, rest assured that you will have buyers. There's lots of us non-acid users around. Smile

by the way, what ingredient does Candy use to make the oil-based vit. C soluble in serum? Just curious...
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |