Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
REVIEW - ORIGINS A PERFECT WORLD BODY LOTION
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
ORIGINS A PERFECT WORLD BODY LOTION

The 5th in my series of product test reviews from beautybible.com...

Contained in a practical, largely unadorned squeezy plastic cylinder with flip-top lid, this is one of Origins "A Perfect World" line of products. "Highly hydrating body lotion with white tea."

Now I have to say that this smells absolutely amazing! Very tropical and fruity. Really livens you up and gives your senses a bit of a boost when you apply it in the morning.

The instructions say to: "Massage generously over clean, slightly damp skin." When they say "slightly damp", they really mean it. I tried it on the first occasion immediatly after coming out of the bath. Bad mistake. Of course, the lotion wouldn't sink in for hours. On slightly damp skin, though, the product smooths on and sinks in more easily, you need to use less of it so it's more economical, and it does seem to retain more moisture.

I used this on my arms, paying particular attention to those troublesome elbows (although I have to say that my elbows really aren't troublesome at all these days, thanks to my trusty Dermalogical Ultimate Buffing Cloth).

My skin tends to get very dry all over, and is often parched on a night, even when I religiously apply body lotions or creams every morning. There are very few that keep me smooth and moisturised all day. I can now add this one to that small, but worthy list. It keeps my sking feeling great from morning until night.

So - love the smell, love the way the product makes my skin feel. However, Origins always puts me off their products a little, because they come across as a very naturally-inspired company, and, whilst they do use a lot of lovely, natural ingredients, there are usually a fair amount of non-natural additives in there too.

I'm not going to type out the whole list of ingredients, but it's worth checking this out before buying Origins products if you're worried about this kind of thing.

In summary, this is a really nice body lotion, that does what it claims to do. I find, though, that I still prefer my old favourites - Candessence Body Butters, Palmer's Cocoa Butter and Kiehls Crème de Corps.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
This sounds rather nice! My local John Lewis has an Origins counter, I'll go and try some next time I'm there.
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
i have purchased Modern Friction and Clear Improvement from origins and happy with them so far although i was told Modern Friction was not a good choice for acne skin >_<
(the sale assisants are always helpful!!!)

i will try check and balance next time as everyone around me recommend it~i might ask for some sample for a perfect world as well~
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
fifi and SharonJ - I've found that Origins tend to be pretty generous with samples, so it's definitely worth asking for one to try.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know why, but I always feel kind of guilty asking for samples at department store counters - unless I'm already buying something, then I have no qualms at all! I have seen some interesting reviews of the new Origins face serum though, so might try for some of that too if I can summon up the courage to just go in there and ask Laughing .
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I feel shy to ask for a sample at the department store counters.

I've tried the Origins Never Say Dry in the winter and love it very much.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, don't feel guilty asking. I used to feel guilty too, but you're genuinely asking to try out a product that you're thinking of buying. Makes sense to give it a go before splashing out, in case it doesn't suit you.

The SAs are there to help you so they shouldn't be snotty with you - and if they are, then they simply don't deserve your custom. (Hah! I'm feeling bolshy tonight, obviously! Laughing )
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |