Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anthelios...could it be causing my breakouts?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had problems with breaking out from using Anthelios sunscreen? I finally decided my my skin problems must be from the Mineral Makeup I was using---but I stopped, and I am still breaking out...not horribly, but just a few on my face at all times. Could it possibly be caused from this sunscreen that I love??? Question
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
It could be. Some people's skins doesn't seem to like certain sunscreens. A while back I was using Neutrogena Dry Touch before I switched over to Bioderma and also tried LRP Anthelios and broke out from that particular ss. If you think the ss is the culprit I'd then try to narrow it down to the specific ingredient if at all possible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Has anyone had problems with breaking out from using Anthelios sunscreen? I finally decided my my skin problems must be from the Mineral Makeup I was using---but I stopped, and I am still breaking out...not horribly, but just a few on my face at all times. Could it possibly be caused from this sunscreen that I love??? Question

l just think maybe some of the ingredient in Anthelios sunscreen make your skin break out Idea
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes...it's was also too greasy for me to use. I had little bumps under my skin, so not technically pimples but clogged pores certainly. This is one of those love it or leave it products.
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
i have tried anthelios fluid extreme on 3 different occasions and they all broke me out after 2 or 3 days..so i finally gave it away..
it's a shame cos it went on matte and feel non-greasy but ended up clogging my pores.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
i'm not saying it's *not* the Anthelios because it very well could be. but i remember thinking that an Avene creme broke me out and i found it was simply that i wasn't removing it completely at the end of the day.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
la vie's response was actually the first thing that came to mind. i remember i used to break out before discovering the proper way to remove sunscreen. are you using any type of deep cleanser like a cleansing oil to remove the sunscreen every day?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I thought I was removing the sunscreen, but I do tend to use mild cleansers and don't do anything special or aggressive. I thought I might experiment, and go back to using my Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15,and see if my face stays clear. If so, I might try using my MMU again, and see what happens. I appreciate all the feedback!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I had the same problems with the Anthelios; I would bet that it's the chemicals in it.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Anthelios for a year now and I haven't experienced any break-outs. Of course, everyone's skin can react differently to the same products but I wanted you to know it's been working great for me in that respect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
It certainly could be the Anthelios that's breaking you out, but like other posters have mentioned, it could be that it's not being completely removed at night. Definitely try leaving the Anthelios out of your routine for a few days and see what happens.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
SS agree with different people in different ways.
Vichy gave me spots whereas the Bioderam doesn't.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
What is the proper way of removing ss in the evening? I think I'm removing mine all the way and haven't really had any probs with breakouts. I heard that it's harder to remove physical ss than chemical ones. I use a homemade almond cleansing cream AM/PM for my face, wondering if this is sufficient enough. When I do have on makeup, I use the ponds makeup towelettes to remove it before washing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:43 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
What is the proper way of removing ss in the evening? I think I'm removing mine all the way and haven't really had any probs with breakouts. I heard that it's harder to remove physical ss than chemical ones. I use a homemade almond cleansing cream AM/PM for my face, wondering if this is sufficient enough. When I do have on makeup, I use the ponds makeup towelettes to remove it before washing.

I find that using the OCM (I just use coconut oil and then towel it off) followed by my normal cleanser is the only way i get all my SS off.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:10 am      Reply with quote
High PPD sunscreens that are water resistant break alot of people out if you haven't changed anything else in your routine I'd say it's highly likely
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

I find that using the OCM (I just use coconut oil and then towel it off) followed by my normal cleanser is the only way i get all my SS off.

The coconut oil I have is a solid though, so do you just work it into your hands to melt it and then the face? I should use up some of my coconut oil I have two 32 oz tubs of it just sitting at home. I'm afraid if I start using the OCM that I may breakout. It seems that people who do this breakout in the beginning months of this routine. I definitely will use a cleanser afterwards though. Thanks for the tip.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry if the Anthelios is breaking you out because it's my fave too. Please update your findings. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am happy (or not so happy)to report, that after a week of NOT using my Anthelios, I still get break outs, so I don't believe its the cause. I can't figure it out. I've eliminated my mineral makeup, various vitamins, the Anthelios and still can't figure out what is causing it. Maybe its my hormones hmm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |