Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne Question?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hockeychick101
5% products discount

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
For starters, I have very oily skin. (probably from using proactive Mad )
I have blackheads on my forehead, nose, and cheeks.
I have some acne scars + pimples and an occassional breakout. But my forehead and nose are all red.
I went to a dermotoligist. And she perscribed a couple of things for me. Here is my daily rountine:

-----

Night:
Wash face with Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub and rinse.
Apply Benza-Clin (topical gel perscribed by doctor)

Morning:
(in shower) Wash off Benza-Clin
Wash face with Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub.
Apply Cetaphil (perscribed by doctor) to face and go out.

------

If you guys have any other suggestions for me, that would be great =D I am really looking to stop the redness and get rid of the blackheads but anything helpful is appreaciated. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Hockeychick! Is it possible that the benzaclin is too strong and is irritating your skin, causing it to be redder? That's something you might want to talk to your derm about next time you see him or her. You also might want to ask for a prescription for Fineacea, which is Azelaic acid. It's cheap--- about $20 if you have insurance, and it helps with the redness like nothing else! (It's actually a rosacea prescrip, but I don't have rosacea.)

Next, even if your derm suggested cetaphil, you may want to rethink it. It's supposed to be all soothing but it irritates my skin and clogs my pores all to heck.

You might also want to consider an O2 spray for redness--- PSF and Zenbiotic both sell one.

Also, I've used that pore unclogging scrub and it didn't touch my blackheads. Right now I'm using EpidermxII scrub and it's clearing out my pores left and right!

Let me know if you have any questions!

5% products discount

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Well, My skin was already kind of red before i started using that stuff Mad
But thanks, I will look into that.

Where can I buy that stuff?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again!

Finacea is a prescription, so you can only get it through your derm.

You can get PSF's O2 spray right here at EDS, and you can get Zenbiotic's atwww.zenbiotic.com (while you're there check out their Phyto Moisture--- I think you'd like it much more than cetaphil!).

You can get EpidermxII at greatnewskin.com. Right now it's on sale for only $20.^-^

Let me know if you have any other questions!

5% products discount

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, it is VERY appreatiated Very Happy
So should I stop my usual routine for now until I can get those products?
Because they seem to help with pimples but cause more blackheads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well, since your Dr. prescribed Benzaclin you should probably keep using it, but I would definitely stop using those other two products as soon as you get new products to replace them because I suspect they are possibly causing you to have more clogged pores, esp. the cetaphil since it looks like you're using it as a moisturizer. HTH!!

5% products discount

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, yeah i suppose your right.
But whenever i use a moisturizer my face is so shiny it is probably blinding passing cars.

Thanks so much again for all your help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just my 2 cents -

I'm wondering if the Benzaclin + the Biore cleanser 2X a day is a bit too much. I would consider using the Biore cleanser only at night and using something very gentle such as Cetaphil cleanser in the a.m. I'm just saying this b/c I have had more luck with more gentle products vs. harsh ones fighting my acne. Good luck!

Bunny
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Pay attention to your food! You should have less spicy or oliy food.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
benzaclin works great on outbreaks but not so well on blackheads. If you have scarring too, maybe try for a reinoid like differin or one of the other gentler ones. Those will do triple duty on scarring, acne, and blackheads.

I always found benzaclin made my skin too grumpy to use every day, but I know many people that absolutely love it.
lulabelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I also agree with switching to a more gentle cleanser. I think the scrub would be okay every few days or so, especially if you're skin is irritated by the medication (I was on that too for awhile and my skin also got red and sensitive) the physical exfoliation and detergents in the scrub may be too much to use so frequently.

The best thing I have done for my skin is to switch to a gentle non-medicated cleanser and I am convinced it is helping with my blackheads too!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
hockeychick101 wrote:
Hmmm, yeah i suppose your right.
But whenever i use a moisturizer my face is so shiny it is probably blinding passing cars.

Thanks so much again for all your help.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised by the Phyto Moisture--- as long as you apply it to a damp face, it's absorbed instantly.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |