Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acupuncture Face Lift?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
IcyFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh. I was watching an episode of '10 Years Younger' and this lady had an Acupuncture Treatment done to her face. I swear to God it was like she had face surgery done. Her eye bags were gone, her face tightened up, it was truly awsome. Now I want this treatment done!

Anyone ever had it done? Is it pricey?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
hi there,

Yes, i have had this procedure done in Vancouver BC. Spruce Body Lab offers it, on Richards St, downtown.
I can't remember the exact price, around $100 i think? The procedure is performed by an actual accredited Accupuncturist, Dr Caldwell, who moonlights at this spa.

The idea is that you get a regular accupunture treatment for face and body, with particular emphasis on the face. I can't imagine having this done only on your face as there are just so many needles that can be put on your face. Why not get your money's worth and treat other things at the same time?

The "best" needle, or should i say, the one spot where i notice a difference immidiately afterward, is the needle that is inserted between my eyebrows, like, literally between my eyes. It just releases the "frowning" or tightening in that area, lessens wrinkles.

Once all the needles are in place, you can ask for heat lamps to be placed over certain areas (this doc places over your legs) and it just feels so relaxing and increases the effectiveness of the treatment.

(Sorry for the long post) I should also mention that i had a regular accupuncture appointment following a car accident, and in 2 sessions, my whiplash was healed. You could go to any accupuncturist, and request more needles in your face than elsewhere. Just don't get sucked into paying more for something advertised as a "facelift."

Good luck!

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes I have heard about people using this technique, Im sure it was on O one day. Apparently they do give fantastic results, not sure how many treatments you need and how long the results last for though.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I saw a book with the facial points explained, and I wondered about buying an acupuncture pen and learning how to do it for myself.

I do acupressure for myself and children for various ailments, and I guess this isnt so very different.

I find this whole area of health ( and beauty) fascinating.
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I actually had a series of 10 treatments done last year when I was visiting my parents in China. I got it done in a beauty salon which specialized in acupuncture beauty treatment. In China, there is no so called registration for acupuncturist. The salon is run by three sisters and their family has been in this field for generations. The treatment is a little bit different from what we get in North America. (I have also tried it in states as well as in Canada). They applied a layer of thick paste on my face before the needles. The paste is made of chinese medical hearbs and it's their own recipe. After they placed the needles to the accupressure points on my face, they put small clips to the top of each needle. The clips have wires connect to a machine which gives off electric current. (the same techinique performed by some of the accupunturist in north america when they work on your body.) I am very happy with the result at the end of treatments. I had some slight dropping on my left jaw line, but after 10 treatment, it was gone. My skin felt tighter and glowy.
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
htian21, it's very interesting! Was that treatment painful?
I live in S.Korea now, but I've never been in a beauty salon here and never tried exotic asian-style beauty treatments, but I've heard a lot and very interesting things about Korean way to do some more western-style treatments such as a mesotherapy, for example..Koreans do injections inside the mouth (with general anasthesy!) and into the scalp above forehead. I'm scary even to think about it.. What they use in mesotherapy cocktails, they keep as their know-how. Some westerners say, in expensive clinics they use stem cells, but you never know what to believe in those stories. Confused[/b]

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Mau, the treatments were not very painful, like mosquito bite kind of pain. So it is totally tolerable. It's just the idea of having needles on your face a little bit of scary. But once you can pass that stage, it is all fine.
They acclaim the benefit of these treatments are not only for face lifting but also can make your skin better. But you have to finish the whole session, 30 treatments total, in order to achieve the best result. I wish I had time to get all 30 of that done.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I had a dozen sessions last year at $100 per it was not cheap and there was NO improvement. It was said that 10 - 12 sessions should bring changes. I was more than a little pissed off, she was fully qualified, accredited, trained in China etc and is recommended by everyone... but all she could say when it was done that the small line above my lip looked 'somewhat' lessened. Good grief! There were other issues I presented with - the results were subtle at best. Be very very careful where you go and who you choose.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:53 am      Reply with quote
good news, didnt even know they sold those products. Goin today
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
acupuncture facelift is an outright fraud, if you have loose skin only surgery will help.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever tried tapping with your fingertips all along your eyebrows and in the middle of your under eye region?

just for a minute.

it releases congestion that may be in the sinus, and so makes the face look more smooth and toned, and opens up the eye area.
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
okay i just had to jump in on the acupuncture facelift. I went for the 8 sessions recommended at 100 a session and frankly it was a waste of money. I've seen the pics of B/A on the brochures that were shown me and it was a good selling point, but who knows about the pics being true cases, because i noticed no difference in my facial sags at all once i completed the sessions!!! But i tried it before I recomended it to my clients and ended up telling them to forget it. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
htian21 wrote:
Mau, the treatments were not very painful, like mosquito bite kind of pain. So it is totally tolerable. It's just the idea of having needles on your face a little bit of scary. But once you can pass that stage, it is all fine.
They acclaim the benefit of these treatments are not only for face lifting but also can make your skin better. But you have to finish the whole session, 30 treatments total, in order to achieve the best result. I wish I had time to get all 30 of that done.

Whoa I just noticed your msg.. 30 tx's!!!! at 100 a session, that's 3000..enuf for a downpayment on a facelift. See i was suggested 8 tx's was all i'd need... Ridiculous!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
patrice, htian21 had the treatments in China, I think it makes a difference and it costs much much cheaper than anywhere else. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Have you ever tried tapping with your fingertips all along your eyebrows and in the middle of your under eye region?

just for a minute.

it releases congestion that may be in the sinus, and so makes the face look more smooth and toned, and opens up the eye area.

hi catski, i am going to try that more for my sinus than anything else. thanks for the tip.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Catski and I began talking about energy medicine / acupressure on the handheld device thread so I decided to start post on this thread.

I feel when we use certain devices, we are doing facial "acupuncture". I actually feel this when I use the Nuface as well. It reminds me of the feeling of a TENS machine and it is electrical stimulation. I figure the Nuface can be used on other parts of the body for electrical stimulation / acupuncture as well Laughing

I've been thinking of buying "The 15 Minute Facelift" with Meredith MacRae & Catherine Politte off Ebay. I think it's only available on VHS... Anybody have this and do they like it / use it?

My friend used to work for Shiseido, so she does their facial massage. I found the protocol online: http://www.neobeauty.com/shisskincarb.html

Some other interesting items I found through an internet search are:

Timeless Face: 30 Days To A Younger You Through Face Reading, Acupressure, and Toning (Paperback)
by Ellae Elinwood
http://www.amazon.com/Timeless-Face-Younger-Through-Acupressure/dp/031219529X/sr=8-1/qid=1169598560/ref=sr_1_1/102-9682260-9508141?ie=UTF8&s=books

A Comprehensive Handbook for Traditional Chinese Medicine Facial Rejuvenation (Paperback)
by Ping Zhang
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1599756668/ref=pd_cp_b_title/102-9682260-9508141
This comprehensive handbook for Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) facial rejuvenation covers the complete guide of acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, acupressure, Chinese food therapy, Qi Gong exercises as well as other modalities including Gua Sha, Moxa, and Jade Stick massage techniques for facial rejuvenation concerns such as wrinkles and sagging of the face, facial discoloration and age spots, dark eye circles and eye bags.

Two Professional DVDs for TCM Facial Rejuvenation by Ping Zhang
Learn the in-depth theory and practice for all aspects of facial rejuvenation
For 10 CEUs $175(California not included)
Three-hour hands-on demo. All about facial rejuvenation protocols $75
http://www.nefeli.com/education.php

If nothing else, acupressure would increase circulation to the face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm interesting. Just never anything consistant that works undeniably and tightens to a wrinkle free surface.

I agree about wrinkles. Surgery is the only answer. Saggy skin needs to be cut off.

SCREW NASA.....science has it's priorities wrong! Mad
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
The "15-Minute Face Lift" is part of the supplementals in a DVD called, "Acupressure Massage" (Digital Collector's Edition) by naturaljourneys. (I borrowed it from the library.) It's interesting (at least the part with Meredith is) and I'm sure if I did it on a regular basis, it would make a difference. Now, if only I would just remember to do it . . .
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a "Natural Beauty" DVD a few days ago on Ebay. It's supposed to cover acupressure and lists the same people as on the "15 Minute Acupressure Facelift" VHS tape.

I haven't ordered the "15 Minute Acupressure Facelift" since it only seems available in VHS and I don't have my video machine hooked up to the TV. I wonder if the whole 50 or so minutes of the VHS version is on the "Natural Beauty" DVD though?! I don't think so though...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lunarmn for your extensive list of resources! I am looking into the "Cosmetic Acupuncture" being offered by a local chiropractor.
Someone here on the Forum mentioned that a friend benefited from it after chemotherapy, but the acupuncturist apparently wouldn't continue treatments "for cosmetic purposes". I know how busy acupuncturists are, but, how sad not to help us feel better about ourselves...as if that isn't worthy of anyone's time.
I will def check out some of your suggs B4 putting any money down!!
fawnie

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
i have had acupuncture done before for pain (when i had carpal tunnel while i was a uni student Sad ) but i didnt know that it can also be used for beauty treatments?! i found it effective for controlling my pain but not with healing (i still have flare-ups of CTS to this day) so im skeptical about it having any real lasting effects on skin...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Here I am, with a face full of needles! HAH!
I would like to say it was for an Acupuncture Face Lift, but my Acupuncturist would scoff at the idea. Actually it was for sinus problems. Unfortunately, my acupuncturist won't treat my vanity issues!
http://www.michaelrossoff.com/asset/Acupuncture%20for%20Sinuses.jpg
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
OK MountainGirl, I want some details!! So, did it help your sinus problem? And please tell me that is just a shadow on your lip and not blood!
fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie.....That is fuuuuunnnnnny! I had to click on the picture to see what you were talking about! I never noticed the shadow before, but yeah, it does look like blood!!!!!!
I am still laughing! Yes, I think it has helped my sinuses. I have (had) chronic sinus infections, as many as 7 or 8 in a year. I finally broke down and took the poison (antibiotics) which I am adamently against taking. I took them for about 3 solid weeks and finally got rid of the infection for a long while. I've only had 2 since then anits been two years. I think the combination of acupuncture and daily sinus cleanses (I'm hardcore and use a Water Pik with a nasal tip) is what has made the difference. You gotta keep your sinuses clean!! Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |