Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Current Findings
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
krz
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2004 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Was doing more searching and very impressed and quite astonished on how the people here really take the time to apply the appropriate care to their skin. Currently I have came up with a list of products that I might want to try. First I think it is wise if I briefly explain my situation.

I am a 22 year old male studying in a university. I spend alot of time doing research; reading books and gathering information via the internet. Most of the day my eyes become tired from staring at a computers monitor or just simply reading physical material. My current facial cleanser helps stop pimples from appearing, so it is doing quite a good job (product name will be mentioned later), however I some blackheads on my nose. Also, there are scars here and there on my face (not too much though) from when I was young, because of an acne problem. Hopefully these two issues will be solved with the use of an appropriate exfoliant.
I currently have dark circles around my eyes, I think this is a hereditary trait. Its funny, but my description is not as bad as it may sound.Embarassed

I am looking to rejuvinate my face, in particular my eyes and to maintain a clean and fresh facial skin throughout. The products are as follow:

Facial Exfoliants:
- Dermalogica Microfoliant
- PTR Buffing Beads
- Phytomar Gommage Exfoliant (Seems to get good reviews from the more experienced)

Eye Care (Rejuvinate)
- Cellcosmet Contour Eye Cream
- Phytomar Contour Lift Eye

Eye Care (Dark Cirlces)
- PTR Eye Cream with Vitamin K (also known as: PTR Power K Eye Rescue)

Currently for my facial cleanser I am using: Neutrogena Clear Pore Cream Wash.
For my eyes and as my exfoliant, im intending to use the products from Phytomar as they have been given good reviews from experienced users. For my dark circles, will be using PTR Power K.

Masks and Peeling Products
I'm looking for a product in this topic. I read something about a vegetable oil peel (from a product called Vegetal Peel, if I'm not mistaken). Also looking into a facial mask, as people have commented on its efficiency. Furthermore I would like to know what benefits are there from using a peeling agent? Isn't it enough if one uses a facial cleanser and exfoliant?

Does my selection look alright, or could someone state otherwise?
Any feedback and recommendations about the enlisted procucts or other categories and methods will be gladly appreciated.
mlmaier
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2004 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fairly new here, and still learning lots about the different products, but I've just recently started using the Dermalogica Microfoliant, and love it. It seems to me to be a very light exfoliant, as in you can use it every day, where some other brands you can use only twice a week. Another exfoliant I've used that I really liked is Pevonia. It seemed to help reduce the few blackheads I'd get on my nose.

monica
Mabsy

Sat May 15, 2004 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Monica on the exfoliator front. I love (and have Laughing ) the three exfoliators you mentioned. Of the three, I think the Dermalogica Microfoliant is the only one that has ingredients which are supposed to even out and brighten your skin. And I think, of the three, it would be the best option is you are looking to help fade some acne scars. I have also heard great reviews of the Pevonia exfoliating mask, but have not yet tried it myself.

Re: your question about peeling masks... As far as I am concerned, peeling masks are just another method of exfoliation. So I don't see why you'd have to get a peeling mask if you were going to use one of the three exfoliators you mentioned.

In terms of masks in general, you might benefit from a moisturising or deep cleansing mask every so often. I have both types and use them interchangeably whenever I feel like it really.

Mabsy
krz
5% products discount

Fri May 21, 2004 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. I havent had the time to do this sooner as I have been very busy lately. Will definitely try the Dermalogica Microfoliant.

Is it wise to use 3 different products that work on the same category? Or if one works, then I should stick with that?
Mabsy

Sat May 22, 2004 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Krz,

I don't think it matters much if you use three exfoliators from different brands. I just use whatever I feel like using that particular day Very Happy In the end, all three a good exfoliators and they get the job done. I just like to have a bit of variety in my skincare routine Smile
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2004 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
krz: just wanted to say "good for you" for checking out this website and posting. Even though the majority of members are ladies, we always welcome gents here also and hope to help them with their skincare issues too Smile Exclamation
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
krz wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I havent had the time to do this sooner as I have been very busy lately. Will definitely try the Dermalogica Microfoliant.

Is it wise to use 3 different products that work on the same category? Or if one works, then I should stick with that?

Hello there! Welcome to this forum! As for using 3 different products, I would suggest to use 1 product at a time just in case you'll have any allergies or breakout. That way, you'll know which products to discontinue just in case. Of course if all 3 has a good positive results, then go ahead use them and perhaps alternate them if you wish to do so. JMHO Razz

5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2004 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warm welcome. Very Happy And hope I will get the chance to acquaint myself with the community in due time. Been on the forum for quite some time, now, and it has been very helpful. Especially because some of the categories are very new to my experience, I have to admit Embarassed Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |