Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Foot smoothing products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have terrible problems with the skin on my feet cracking. A few years ago I found a phenomenal cream by Intaglio called Foot Cream with 20% glycolic acid. I can't find it anywhere anymore and it was the only thing that kept my feet smooth and free of the cracks. They literally disappeared with this cream. I don't even know if this company is still in business.

I have tried other glycolic acid creams but they don't seem to be able to do the trick and most foot creams I've tried only mask the problem.

If anyone can provide a suggestion, I'd be most appreciative.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this problem for years. Nothing..and I mean nothing worked for me except a combination of Kerasal and the use of a Dimancel foot file.
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
my feet always very painful after wearing high-heel shoes....i am interested in any products which can give my feet a nice "spa"
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use a foot file as well and it's ok but not as good as that Intaglio product.

I wonder if Essential Day Spa could add Intaglio to its list of brands. I can't say enough about the product. It's called Foot and Hand Cream. With this you don't need a file or a pumice or anything. It completely eliminates the problem. Gets rid of callouses, too.
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
re the high heels and achy feet: I wear "sensible shoes" now (running shoes, Merrills) to work Very Happy so I no longer have that headache too often. But a foot soak is always nice to have. Peppermint foot and leg creams seem to do the trick for me.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Lesleyjane, I did a search and came up with these companies that sell it. I've never ordered from either of them before, so I can't give you any info on them. There's a huge difference in the price, though. One is over $20.00 more expensive. - May just be a bigger size, though. I didn't look. http://www.saveonsalonproducts.com/AHA%20Glycolic%20Foot%20&%20Hand%20Cream.htmlhttp://www.spaboutique.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=645499105418&Category_Code=IntView

I'm dying for this now because my feet have really gone to hell lately. I've always taken care of them, but something's going wrong. They're all scrabbly and cracking. Sad
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
oops! my links aren't working. They seem to have joined together or something. Try here:
http://www.saveonsalonproducts.com/AHA%20Glycolic%20Foot%20&%20Hand%20Cream.html
and try here:
http://www.spaboutique.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=645499105418&Category_Code=IntView
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I keep my feet in condition by basic maintence with OPI foot care products and a pedi padal.
Never had a problem
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:45 am      Reply with quote
EDS sells Gehwol which has a number of foot products. I haven't seen a lot of reviews but one review did state the cream for cold feet worked very well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I got a little sample tube of something called Gehwol Medsalve for cracked skin - I've been using it on my elbows where I have terribly dry, cracked skin and it's fab! I'm sure it would be great on the feet as that's what it is really designed for. Here's a link to some information on it: http://www.simplyfeet.co.uk/epages/simplyfeet.storefront/45851e1500b8cf382741ac1001400610/Product/View/GEH185
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I use pumice from Boots to scrub my feet and moisturize with L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter. It's really rich so a little goes a long way. I only put it on at night and when my boyfriend is not around I wear socks to seal in moisture. Very Happy I tried L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream but didn't like it as much. The 100% Shea works a lot better and keeps my feet really soft. Also, I find scrubing my feet often really helps with cracked skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I swear by L'Occitane lavender foot cream. If you want an extra boost, put on tons before bed and wear some white cotton socks, feet are lovely in the morning.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the foot cream from Yves Rocher and found it good especially the price.
Basil
5% products discount

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say, this is indeed one great foot cream. I had read the reviews/recommendations of L'Occitane's Lavender Relaxing Foot Cream and it is indeed relaxing and feels great. That lavender really is relaxing.... If you haven't tried it, it's worth trying once and then deciding if it's worth a 2nd purchase for you. For me, it indeed is.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes! $70 is a lot to pay for foot cream. If you are simply looking for 20% AHA, Glytone has it, and is MUCH cheaper.
http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?x=46&prid=82
And for slightly more, their heel and elbow cream has an even higher percentage:
http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=84

I know you said you use a foot file, but I have to echo the recommendation for a Diamancel foot file. They are FAR superior to regular files. I also am a HUGE fan of the microplane orb foot file. It's kind of like a cheese grater for your feet. You can literally open it up and see all the dead skin it sloughs off, Gross, but it works. Urix 40 Urea is also extremely popular over at the MakeupAlley boards. If your search for any of these products, you should find plenty of raves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have had dry cracked skin on my feet for years and no cream helped me no matter what. I read recs for the Microplane foot files (I bought the orb one). That has made a world of difference. It gently removed the thick rough skin and now lotions work great for me. I re-do this about every 8 weeks (not as much to do as on the first treatment) and it helps keep my skin nice and smooth.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love philosophy soul owner foot creme. I think it's $18. Also love BBW True Blue Spa heel of approval. I think it's $12. Both contain glycolic acid. I put either of them on my feet after a bath, and then wear cotton socks to bed. My feet are so soft in the morning, no more cracks! Also, I get a lovely sampler kit of foot goodies fromwww.skindecent.com. It's only a few dollars and is a huge treat for feet! I love it. Great customer service, located in Canada.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
lesleyjane

why not use a 20% glycolic acid - plain ol' exfoliator,
and switch it up with a nice moisturizer (I always redcommend emu)
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca, thanks for that link! Much appreciated. I live in Vancouver so I've emailed them to see if I can pick it up instead of having it shipped.

Bubbleoffplumb, I have yet to be able to find a product that has 20% glycolic acid in it. If you know of one, I'd be appreciative.

I have also used products containing high percentages of urea but these don't do as good a job as the Intaglio.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome, Lesleyjane! Hope you're able to get it.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
lesleyjane wrote:

Bubbleoffplumb, I have yet to be able to find a product that has 20% glycolic acid in it. If you know of one, I'd be appreciative.

I'm sure other sources are out there, but this is where i get my stronger acids from
- these are pretty straight forward exfoliators.:

http://dianayvonne.com/category/16/

keep in mind, these (ph 1.9) will probably be stronger than the 20% product you mentioned
(can't say for sure 'cause i don't know the ph of "intaglio").
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
The best cream ive ever tried - Scholl Cracked Heel Repair Cream repairs and relieves rough, dry and cracked skin. If you use it regularly twice a day, you can see the results after only few days. Remember to have a scrub first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I discovered recently that my flop of a buy, Olay Regenerist at-home microdermabrasion, which was horrible for my face is fabulous for my feet!!!

I used it again yesterday and my tootsies feel fab!
haha...glad I found an alternative use rather than just sitting in my cabinet!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I always use up my unwanted skincare on my body - it really aggravates me to leave them in a drawer collecting dust (too much of a reminder of all that wasted money and effort!).
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I discovered recently that my flop of a buy, Olay Regenerist at-home microdermabrasion, which was horrible for my face is fabulous for my feet!!!

I used it again yesterday and my tootsies feel fab!
haha...glad I found an alternative use rather than just sitting in my cabinet!

Oh great...I tossed mine out in disgust, never thought of the feet. Mad
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |