Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

good eye cream to use under concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
just for fun

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I am having a hard time finding an eye cream that will moisturize, but also work with a concealor over it. Most of the time, eye cream is too greasy and makeup doesn't stay on, or not enough moisture and skin looks like I have a ton of wrinkles. Anyone PLEASE Pray
have some ideas.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Juvena Juvedical Renewing Eye Cream, I have been using this for the past couple of months, its light and moisturising and I have had no problems applying makeup over it.

I have just started PSF StimuColl-C and it seems fine under makeup.

I have also used [A'Kin] White Tea and Cornflower Soothing and Relaxing Eye Day Gel, it is incredibly soothing and absorbs quite quickly, it's fine under makeup but haven't used it enough to comment on how moisturising it is.

HTH Smile
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Dermalogica Power Firm Eye/Lip and that seems to work well with foundation and concealer on top. It does seem to be moisturizing enough; I was starting to develop fine lines under my eyes (made worse with Clinique!) and after using this, it really seemed to help "plump" them up.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Amore Pacific's Time Response Eye Cream in the morning. I find that it leaves the skin around my eyes very hydrated, but not oily. I am able to use a concealer without any problems.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using MAC Fast Reponse. I have found that it really brightens my eye area and doesn't cause my concealer to shift.

It also does a great job of depuffing eyes. However, i'M 26 and don't have wrinkles yet, so I'm not sure how it would work with wrinkles.

LL
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Im trying Mirenesse eye serum in the morning lately and when I use concealer it works perfectly.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Mine is Dermalogica Power Firm Eye ,it so moisture for my skin.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Eye Gel is the best under make-up IMO Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mac Fast Response is great under concealer, but it doesn't hydrate much. I use Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Dream around my eyes (the smallest amount is plenty), let it sink in, and then apply a more "primer" sort of product, like Fast Response, just before using concealer.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Just had a thought, and don't know whether anyone's tried this, but would adding a little of Dr Hauschka's Bronze Concentrate to an eye cream help to disguise dark circles?

I have actually ordered some and will try this out when it arrives. I'll post back to let you know how I get on with it.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
That's an interesting idea - kind of making the eye cream into a concealer product too. Dark circles are my big bug-bear too, would love to know if it helps!
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
How would that work?? Wouldn't the bronze concentrate make a general dark area under the eyes?

On the one hand it would be nice to have those insane white rings under my eyes that I get with under eye creams. But I wouldn't want shadows either.

What I've been trying is the Hauschka translucent foundation under my eyes. It looks natural. I just use it on certain spots, not all over. Mostly my eyes, nose and chin. I've been doing that after the Normalizing Day Oil and liking it.

But I also have the bronze concentrate at home so I'll try it and let you know.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
how about valmont eye lip contour cream? It is so rich. I use it daily. But seriously, I never use concealer even foundation around my eyes.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet Eye Contour cream is great under makeup.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
fifi & michelec - My Dr H Bronze Concentrate arrived today, so I shall mix it with some eye cream tomorrow and let you know the results.

I really hope this works. Fingers crossed.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I tried mixing the Dr H Concentrate with my eye cream.

Unfortunately, today has been really, really dark and so it's difficult to get a good impression of how well it worked. However, I'd say that, whilst it helped tone down the dark circles, it certainly hasn't concealed them very much at all.

Not the success I was hoping it'd prove to be, sadly.

However, I do like the Concentrate. Mixed in with my moisturiser, it gives a nice glow and lift to my complexion.

Back to the dark circle drawing board, then...
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been using burts bee eye cream for half year, I feel my dark circle is getting light .
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Melissa Leaf wrote:
I've been using burts bee eye cream for half year, I feel my dark circle is getting light .

It is taking half a year to get rid of your darck circles? If so, I don't think it is an effective cream.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Melissa Leaf wrote:

It is taking half a year to get rid of your darck circles? If so, I don't think it is an effective cream.

In fact, I didn't realize when it worked, I just feel my skin around eye area getting better.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Mmmm

What does everybody else think? Do you think it should take that long to lighten circles? I know that normally with new skincare products, you should notice a difference within 3 months.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I use eye masks everyday, it calls seaweed $ aloe gel for eyes. I keep it in a freezer to store and use it for 10 minutes before my eye cream.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |