Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pure monoi "hei poa" aux fleurs: need usage info
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I purchased pure monoi today, and got it home and realized that the texture is a bit intimidating. it is quite oily and nearly solid. I'm assuming that I hold the bottle under hot water for a few minutes and then i can put it in the bath, use it as a deep moisturizing mask for the body, and as a hair mask/barrier when i swim in the pool. BUT, maybe it is concentrated and i have to add it to something? Please advise!
Does anyone have any info or ideas about pure monoi and its possible uses? I'm just using my intuition here, but tonight in freezing cold, damp paris, i'm going to turn myself into a polynesian coconut vanilla goddess!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I found this on an old link I had in my favorite places.

Monoi de Tahiti is an ingredient truly produced in harmony with nature. Man's intervention remains very insignificant throughout the production of Monoi de Tahiti. The coconut trees grow undisturbed in a rich mineral coral soil with no special needs other than water and sun: the same is true for the Gardenia Taitensis, which blooms in the same ideal conditions.

Apply a small amount of Monoi de Tahiti to your skin to feel the difference and smell the Beauty Secret of Tahiti. Laboratory test have demonstrated that Monoi de Tahiti helps the skin to look better and healthier, after the very first use. Parfumerie Tiki's Monoi de Tahiti oils still traditionally have a dried Tiare flower placed into each bottle.

Scented with the Tahitian Gardenia, or "Tiare" flower. This original Moni is made by macerating Tiare flowers and extracting the fragrance by soaking in the oil.

SUGGESTED USAGE
On Your Body: The Monoi Oil is ideal for all skin types but it is especially beneficial for individuals who suffer from dry skin. The best way to use Monoi Oil on your body is immediately following a bath while your skin is still moist. However, feel free to use it anytime!! Unlike other skin moisturizers, the Monoi Oil is so rich and so highly concentrated that you only need to use a few drops at a time. Repeat if necessary on especially dry areas such as elbows, hands and feet. Massage gently until the Monoi Oil is completely absorbed into your skin; it absorbs fast so you can get dressed shortly after applying! The Monoi Oil is also wonderful for a back massage or a full body massage ~ any time of day or night! Hint: warm the oil in hot water for an extra treat while massaging!!

On Your Face: Because Monoi Oil is 100% natural from vegetable ingredients, it is safe to use on your face, especially if your skin is dry or wrinkled. It will soak right in and leave your face looking more healthy and youthful! To use once a week before bedtime: pour a few drops of Monoi Oil on the tips of your fingers and apply gently. Blot any excess with a soft tissue. The Moisturizing Day/Night Beauty Cream can be used daily on your face ~ your face will thank you!! Caution: If your facial skin is oily, do not use on your whole face!! For the benefits of overnight moisturizing, gently dab a drop of Monoi Oil around the delicate parts of your eyes; gently blot away excess with a soft tissue.

On Your Hair: The legends of the Tahitian women's lustrous hair is world famous. Their secret is to use the Monoi Oil as a pre-shampoo conditioner. Apply the Monoi Oil onto your dry hair (this is especially good for dry, damaged or chemically treated hair). Cover your hair with a plastic cap and towel to create a warming effect. Leave on for at least half an hour. Remove the towel and plastic cap. Wash hair thoroughly with the Monoi Oil Shampoo. See the difference for yourself!!

In Your Bath: To create a relaxing, sensual bath experience, pour a few drops of Monoi Oil into a hot, steamy bath. Lay back and enjoy!! Close your eyes and transport yourself to the romantic, tropical islands of Bora Bora and Tahiti!

For Hands and Feet: The Monoi Oil can also be used as a cuticle moisturizer and as a hand/feet deep moisturizing treatment for individuals that suffer from excessive dry skin or calluses. Simply apply Monoi Oil on your hands or feet. Massage the oil until absorbed. For a truly deep moisturizing treatment, cover hands with plastic gloves or cotton gloves. For your feet, cover with socks and leave overnight. Wash and repeat for a few days. Please note: Monoi Oil solidifies below 72 degrees. This is a natural process which does not harm the effect or the properties of the oil. Just warm the container in hot water! Enjoy the additional penetrating benefits of warm Monoi Oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I really fancy trying some of this myself, avanlange. Please let us know how you get on, and how good you find it to be for various uses.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Major! I use this for my hair treatment recipe - feels awesome and the smell is heavenly. I almost hate mixing it with anything else that cuts the scent down..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use this oil in my baths. You know, this thread reminds me of how much I used to love it. Both the smell and the feel are just heavenly. I'm DEFINITELY going to pick up a bottle if I don't have any squirreled away.... Smile
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
O.K. so where do I get THIS one?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Happy shopping!!

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=monoi+tiare+tahiti&rs=1&fr2=rs-bottom&ei=UTF-8&fr=slv7-

marina wrote:
O.K. so where do I get THIS one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Why do you lot always do this to me?

At first, I just think I might like something. By the time I've read all your comments, Iknow that I need it!

Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Why do you lot always do this to me?

At first, I just think I might like something. By the time I've read all your comments, Iknow that I need it!

Laughing

this stuff *is* fab! i've been using it since i briefly lived in tahiti (where it was my only beauty product). i've never been without it since, and i always take it with me on camping trips along with my lavender oil (the only exception was backpacking the high sequoias where bears were a problem so no smelly stuff was allowed).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I love the monoi also. Great for lots of uses. Sometimes I will dab the oil on my wrists and use it as my "perfume" for the day. I just love the smell!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
REN do a body oil with Monoi that looks pretty nice too Majorb - I haven't tried it yet, but am very tempted!
http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/FullDetails.asp?ProductID=22052
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
hello again,

i really like the monoi product, it will definitely become a staple, especially since it is relatively inexpensive and extremely multi-purpose.
AND it smells DIVINE--I just took a bath with it, and i must say that it is the closest anything comes to my most cherished and now unavailable scent "Passion" from Osea. Now THAT was a true aphrodisiac, and one that men went wild over--I once had a fling with a gorgeous guy who grabbed me one day to kiss me, while exclaiming, "WHAT is that scent???" Yes, and he was not the only one! Alas, they changed the formula, and now it includes some white flowers that unbalance it too much for my taste. Back to the Monoi (vanille scent)--it has that amazing relaxing pungency, but it does not reek of artificiality. it smells natural, sweet, a little musky on the body--but it also manages to be delicate and lovely. I think the tiare scent might be a but too flowery for my taste, but the vanilla is fabulous. Not quite as transporting as Passion, but almost.
I also did quite a hair treatment last night with it--I began with Phytophlage's Phyto-polleine essential oil scalp stimulant, and then worked the Monoi onto my hair and through the ends. Today, after I swam with a cap, I washed my entire head with Phytojoba, which is the most divinely scented shampoo in the universe, and my hair was ineed shiny, soft, and manageable this afternoon. Not having used a conditioner, my hair was lighter and more 'vital' than usual, but not frizzy at all. kind of perfect. But what would you expect? I actually noticed that the monoi sunk into my hair extremely well, leaving no residue on my pillow, and when I woke up my hair was actually dry to the touch! This is really amazing, since it is a VERY oily product.
Well, I'd say that every self-respecting luxuriating lady has no reason not to have this product in their larder at all times...
I can just imagine, the next time i take a tropical vacation, I'm bringing SUNSCREEN, castille soap, and this, and that's it!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
here is a direct link the product i bought, but i am sure you can find it anywhere--i've even seen it in specialty stores in the states.

http://www.beautycenter.co.uk/fiche_produit.php?id_article=3613

--avalange

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Candy,

Thank you for all of that info, I suppose I was on the right track. See, I knew you'd be a monoi lover, that just makes sense, since you are "Candessence," all about delicious ways of treating your body. which reminds me that I've been wanting to try your products for a long time now!
As soon as I get that next installment of grant money in early january, I'm going for it! And I do hope you ship worldwide...

--avalange

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
fifi - Yes, I've tried the Ren Monoi Body Rinse. Jolly nice it is, too!

avalange et al - Okay, that's another lemming for me, then. I'm such a vanilla fiend that this particular combination should prove irresistible to me.

And yes, Candy does ship internationally - thankfully!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I recently came across the Monoi Tiare products while cruising at Vitacost. After a little research on EDS, I HAD to order two, the Vanilla and the Frangipani. So far I’ve only used the Frangipani but the fragrance is soooo nice (I love frangipani) and the packaging is very attractive in a retro kind of way. I know it’s really just coconut oil, but oh I like this so much. And at less than US$7, another reason to like it.

http://www.vitacost.com/Monoi-Tiare-Tahiti-Monoi-Tipanie
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
REN do a body oil with Monoi that looks pretty nice too Majorb - I haven't tried it yet, but am very tempted!
http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/FullDetails.asp?ProductID=22052

I use the REN Monoi body oil and it it fantastic, my favorite oil, I usually use it at night and wake up and my skin is extra soft. I love it! I've also used REN's Monoi rinse which you use in the shower after cleansing and that is great as well. They both smell great!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wanting the pikake shampoo and haven't been able to find it. If anyone has a recommendation, I'd be thrilled.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |