Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
can someone tell me how to putt on blush??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
ok, i have been trying for such a long time to use blush but it never looks just right...
can some1 tell me the tips please?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well, the first thing is making sure you have the right color. I'm still working on this one, but I'm getting closer. I used to think that plums were right on me for some reason and then I couldn't figure out why blush never looked good--- now I'm trying light pinks, peachy reds, and corals and they suit me much better. Next, you'll need to use the right brush for your blush. If you have a highly pigmented blush you'll need a brush with a really light touch. (I use a wonderful Hard Candy brush that has since been discontinued, however a lot of girls seem to like Flirt's fiber optic brush.) However, if your blush is less pigmented, you'll want a brush with denser bristles. (For example, Alima's blush brush.) I like a natural application, so I always smile while I apply so I can see the apples of my cheeks, then I mainly apply the blush there, blending out toward my cheekbones just a tiny bit. If it's a matte blush, I sometimes lightly dust my cheekbones with highlighter afterwards. HTH!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Smile, and swirl it onto the fattest part of your cheek. Blend it up towards your temples, making sure it fades away gradually, with the color concentrated on the fat part (apple) of your cheeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
If you're having trouble with the colour, peach shades are always a safe bet. And after that you can see if you like a more pink look or a warm rosy look. I personally have blush in all sorts of colours and I choose colours based on mood Very Happy
Peach is very natural; pink makes me look very girly; and warm rosy colours are very mature and feminine.

The blushes that come in the compacts are usually horrible. Use a nice powder blush and dab it lightly in the blush. I think the key is to start really light and build on it. Also, if you can, use a mirror in normal daylight because many bathroom mirrors lie and you end up putting on too much! You can brush it lightly on the apple of your cheeks (just smile and apply it to the bumps) or you can apply it more diagonally from the apple towards the temple. Unless you are going out at night, I don't think your blush is meant to be seen. It's supposed to bring enough colour to your face so that people think you have a healthy glow but are not sure if you're wearing makeup. Also, ignore the instructions about using two blush colours to enhance your cheekbones. That is for makeup artists and photo shoots. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I still have trouble putting on my blush, my main prob was the color and the some of the people at MAC helped me out with this. I also observed how they put it on me while a makeover. I was putting the blush on the wrong part of my cheek. They found my cheek bone and just dabbed a little and then worked the brush back toward my hairline and that was it. With blush a little seems to go a long way. The flushed look rather..it suits me better than glopping it on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
thank you guys, you guys r soooooooooo helpful!!!!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
If you are using a powder blush, smile, and dust blush on your cheekbone towards your hairline. If you are using a cream or gel blush, limit the amount of product you use. Just dap some onto your cheekbones and blend it with your fingers until even. I hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Part of the challenge could be the type of brush you are using. I bought a nice "blush brush" when I started using NARS colors. Some of them have a lot of pigment, so I had to be really careful using that brush -- I could go from too little to too much in one too many swipes. I have a fan brush and a fiber optic brush that make blush application easy and consistent -- I just aim for the cheekbones and it looks natural using these brushes instead.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
MAC 187 brush cant be beaten for the blush IMHO!
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a helpful tutorial by celeb MA Elke Von Freudenberg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yruWENWliMw

I also love reading her beauty blog at http://beautynews.blogspot.com/

HTH!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the links, dollbird. Her tip on putting blush first instead of almost last is brilliant, it does make sense and I'm going to do it like that from now on.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |