Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
black heads!!!ahhh!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
what is the best product to make pores get smaller and makes those black head go away???..and it would be great if anyone could give me a product name where i can it around here, i dont want to buy it online...
thanx guys!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
That is my big problem too... Sad
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
There's already a lot of info. on this in previous threads...you should do a forum search.

Here are a few I found.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2837

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10775

HTH Smile

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping there would be an answer the question posed here, couldn't find it in those threads above.

A few months ago, I got my first blackhead ever (on my cheek)- I didn't even know what it was till hubby pointed it out. I had the spa lady remove it, but it left what looks line a little hole in my cheek that will not close.

I've tried glycolic toner, exfoliants, etc. but it still looks like someone poked a hole in my face. Any suggestions welcome.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Your first blackhead ever ! - my god you are so lucky...did you really have none as a teenager ...?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I love your screen name milliefromphillie!!!
Sooo cute!!!

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
No blackheads as a teenager - just a red spot here and there. I thought it was just an enlarged pore until my husband said, "That is a HUGE blackhead you've got there". It was so big the skin technician plucked it out with tweezer type things - nasty. And now the hole ...

I was almost thinking about trying toothpaste on it which is what I used to use on my spots when I was a teen and it would get rid of them almost overnight. But now that paste has turned into a gel/whitener/mouthwash product I don't know.

My screename is my mother's nickname for me (born but not raised in phillie).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
i have that problem as well (T-zone) Neutral
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I have enlarged pores a bit of everywhere on my face, it looks awful and the worst is that I cant use any products to fight them cos most of them are for oily skin and mine is super dry. Any suggestions???

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
many people suggeted Dr. H cleansing cream. i havent used that one but i am using Jurlique's AHC and face wash cream. it is supposed to deep clean the pores. I do notice my pores are very clean after the normal procedure in the evenings, but the first thing i got up in the morning, i found my pores are large again. so i dont know what to recommend, that problem bothers me a lot too!
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Beta hydroxy acids will deliver immediate results, but to prevent them from developing I keep my skin hydrated with a bilogical healing oil like squalane or jojoba oil. I notice that the drier my skin is, the worse my blackheads get.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
beta hydroxy acids! where can we find them:)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:

makeupartistschoice.com, dianayvonne.com, and i feelprettyproducts.com just to name a few sites Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
nikkilici0us wrote:

makeupartistschoice.com, dianayvonne.com, and i feelprettyproducts.com just to name a few sites Smile

I ADORE the I Feel Pretty BHA/AHA (Pretty Amazing Plus 2% BHA/ 4% AHA) per recommendation of Tangal.

I noticed that, while I was not getting blackheads per se, I think I was on my way to them.
I've been using Decleor YY oil in my t-zone every day since the beginning of July. While it's revamped my face (much less oily!) I started to notice almost a darkening of my pores on my nose. They aren't full out blackheads, but I knew I needed to do something before they got out of control. After using this, it has kept my nose clear of any nastiness. I've used BHA before (Paula's Choice) but this is a step above with the AHA combined. I've been using it every other day in the morning and waiting 30 minutes (for the most exfoliation) and am just going to every day in the morning. You've gotta work your way up, but it's AWESOME! And a little goes a long way. Well worth the money. My next purchase from Kim at I Feel Pretty will be her antioxidant spray. It's only 11 bucks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Face Wash Cream & Dr. H Cleansing Cream are both very effective at getting rid of blackheads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone try Avene Clearance K? It contains AHA/BHA too? Anyone wanna share their experience with this product? Thanks Very Happy
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
milliefromphillie wrote:
I had the spa lady remove it, but it left what looks line a little hole in my cheek that will not close.

I've tried glycolic toner, exfoliants, etc. but it still looks like someone poked a hole in my face. Any suggestions welcome.

She probably damaged your skin while extracting. You can look into skin remodeling:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16303

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17724
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Mario Badescu silver powder very effective! draws out blackheads !
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I always have it but it lessened w/ jan Marini products
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I found Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA gel to be better than the Paula's Choice ones that are so popular.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
I found Peter Thomas Roth's AHA/BHA gel to be better than the Paula's Choice ones that are so popular.

PTR is a line I've considered trying for the AHA/BHA gel. Did you get lots of peeling with the gel?
TheSkinGirl82
5% products discount

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="my sushi secret"]
milliefromphillie wrote:
I had the spa lady remove it, but it left what looks line a little hole in my cheek that will not close.

She probably damaged your skin while extracting. You can look into skin remodeling:

She did not damage her skin. Think about it this way....once a pore is stretched because there is dead skin cells, sebum...ect in it, its not going to just shink back down to size immediately if ever.

I don't understand peoples craziness with pore size. First of all there are no "miricle" products out there that are going to shrink pore size. You can thank your parents for that! Its all genetics. Its your skin type. The more pores you have on your face the more oily you are going to be. Soooo its GOOD to have some pores that are open, because that means you aren't going to age as fast as people with tiny pores that are really dry!

The ONLY thing in my experience as an Esthetician that will HELP with pore size is glycolics...AHA's that sort of things. Glycolics help with oil production...in turn you won't get as many if any blackheads which in turn....your pores will not clog and they will look smaller.

So everyone...love your pores for what they are....you can't get ride of what your parents gave you!
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I've tried many products to treat it, none of it worked
girlblue
5% products discount

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
hafta agree. the esthetician probably didn't damage ur skin.

ur skin is elastic. if the blackhead was HUGE and had been there, growing for a loooooong time, it probably stretched out your pore - kinda like a rubber band losing its elasticity.

unfortunately, it'll fill up again, with debris and and blackhead matter. all u can do is keep it as clean as possible with all the acids and stuff.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |