Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rant: I will book with one person for appointment...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
My last two visits to my local day spa I had booked with a particular person. I did not say on the phone "Whoever is available" or "It doesn't matter."

I am a regular at this spa. I try to go every 3 - 4 weeks. Now I am not a big spender. I was going for massage until the RMT left. I am a regular for lash tint ($18.00 cdn) and brow tint ($10.00) and it is done within one salon visit - usually 30 minutes.

I had booked an appointment in November. The person I had requested was not available. I was given a choice between Cheryl (the owner) or Allison. I picked Cheryl. My appointment was confirmed the night before with a message left on my answering machine. No mention that I would have a different person. The first time it happened it annoyed me slightly. I really don't like Allison.
So I made a mental note NOT to ever book with her again. (BTW the final result for the tint was fine. She is "heavy handed" around the eye area for one thing.)

So I book an appointment for this previous Saturday. The person I requested was not available. I was given a choice between Katherine or Allison. I show up and the receptionist tells me "Allison will be right with you." I told her that "I did not book with Allison." Katherine had left the salon but they decided to call her. So I waited almost 30 minutes in the lounge area for her. She apologized and she was so likeable that I tipped her my usual $5.00.

She did tell me where Lori who use to work there is now working. The salon is further away but I am seriously considering going there.

Any opinions on this? I feel like I am the "client no one wants" with the switching.

IF I decide to go back, when I book should I say something like "If this esthetician is not available I do not want to be scheduled with anyone else."

I don't know if it is worth telling the owner. (Somehow I think she might be aware of it.)

BTW this SPA is voted #1 in my city of over 100,000 as per the Readers Choice awards. This is sponsered by a local newspaper and people fill out a ballot and submit. Just goes to show you that these "awards" are more high school popularity contests instead a sign of quality.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I would not go back there because it seems like they don't value you as a client. If they knew the person you had an appointment with would not be available than they should of called you. What's the point of making an appointment with someone but end up with someone else that you did not want in the first place. Just because they are #1, doesn't give them the right to treat you like that. I rather drive a little farther and get better treatment.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with qisme615; I wouldn't feel valued as a client. If they are that casual with your booked appointment, I would look elsewhere.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
With a stylist, esthetician, etc., if I like them and they haven't moved across state lines Laughing I will go to their new location. If you think Lori is worth the extra time/drive, then I say go for it. I've done this many times myself with no regrets.

Seems like you have already tried the other people at the salon and you haven't been pleased. They seem to have a bit of attitude also, maybe from being "the best in the city". That would make me think about changing salons (to one recommended by a friend, family member, etc.)
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I totally wouldn't be pleased with that service. If I book an appointment with a specific person, I expect my appointment will be with them. If, for some reason, they suddenly won't be available, then I should get a phone call to be asked if I would like to be booked with anyone else. If the other person who you did like going to didn't go too far away, I would totally follow her to the new salon.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:22 am      Reply with quote
One time I could probably put up with, the second time I can tell you know I would walk out the door and let them know why. UNLESS that was the same person as last time which happened to do a better job.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
If you generally like going to this spa for whatever other reason (location, services offered, prices, etc..) I would tell the owner how you feel. She can't do anything about the problem if she doesn't even know there is one.

On the other hand, after speaking to the owner, if the problem is not resolved, I would bring my business elsewhere.

HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
It's pretty common to book w/the same aesthetician, just like with the same hair stylist...you're going there because you have a relationship with or trust that one person, not every employee of that whole business. That trust gets built over time. And, the customer is ALWAYS right in customer-service type businesses, so it's definitely your right to say that you want to book with so-and-so. And if that person leaves, no problem w/you following her to her new salon, that's customer loyalty and believe me the people providing the service appreciate that. The salon was definitely in the wrong to switch you to someone else, at least a courtesy call beforehand would have been appropriate.

I also second telling the owner, maybe this happens to other people routinely and they are losing business but the owner has no idea why.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I also agree with telling the owner.

I would not agree to a different person even once. I am just afraid to trust someone I do not know, and I also think they should have called you and warned you before you showed up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
this is def a bad way to run a business, having managed a salon, long long ago, this just wasn't done!! seems like ms Allison can't keep people so they are giving her others clients, bad bad bad move. This owner is very aware of this happening, hell your first appoint was with the owner, who then moved u to Allison. I'd def go to where the girl you liked is working, you know her work and like it. It's also tacky to put a person in the position of being at the check in desk, saying wow I don't like her work, I specifically requested someone else.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've worked at a couple of spas in my lifetime and it seemed there was always something going wrong - overbooking, requested therapist/aesthetician was not booked, appointment not booked correctly, appointment shifted without telling client, client not booked at all, and on and on. Anything that could go wrong usually did. I started to get the feeling that some spas were just in it for the money and they were not actually there to provide a service, which is what a spa should be all about. Even some of the top spas are poorly run usually because of understaffing, bad management or non existent policies and protocols. The lack of consideration for employees and clients that I experienced really put me off of the industry and I decided to never work at a spa again unless it was a fantastically run spa - which is rare. I strongly feel that if a client requests something and the spa agrees, then they should deliver. If not, then refund the client, simple as that. If you have to waste your time and gas money for an appointment you think is booked correctly only to be disappointed time and time again then you should be compensated. My advice is to find a new spa. They obviously aren't that concerned with their clients and probably wouldn't notice who was returning or not. I'm sure you'll find someone who will appreciate your business and will treat you like a cherished client. They are few and far between but they are out there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback.

I have been going to this spa for a couple of a years and this is a rather new thing.

It is a larger spa with a couple of receptionists and maybe 20 staff. Until recently I was very pleased. I would book with Lori (the one who left) and was very happy; sometimes Barb (who is still there but booked well in advance) and once in a while one of the newer staff and still was satisfied. I am not a fan of Allison obviously.

I just feel very uncomfortable after this last visit. As I am leaving for vacation this week I REALLY WANTED my lashes and brows tinted. Otherwise, I would have just left.

I can track down Lori as Katherine (the esthetican I had this past Saturday) told me where she works (and she said she really misses working with her.)

My other option is to try the smaller spa next to my new hairdresser. (My new hairdresser is wonderful but they do just hair - very well! I think I have a keeper) This other spa offer skin analysis and sell Dermalogica products. I used Dermalogia years ago and it was wonderful. I would like to be skin typed again and products suggested. (I might or might not buy products from them.)

Actually I do have a third option and that is to try another salon/spa in my city. I really don't know anyone else that gets tinted in my area; so I can't get recommendations.

I do think a "snippy" email is in order to Cheryl the owner of the spa. Any suggestions on the snippy email?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I would simply state that you are paying for the service and you are more comfortable with the other esthetician...As a paying customer you have a right to request who you feel more comfortable with.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |