Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Collagen Supplement Brands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moviegirl2

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,

I am new to this forum. I take HA supplements--the kind Carekate recommended. Can someone recommend
a brand(s) for collegen supplements?

Thank you,
Moviegirl2
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
There are a few brands mentioned in the "eureka" thread. Welcome to the forum Smile
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
DEALATED: Thanks for the tip but I am new to the forum. Could you please hint me how to find the thread you mentioned above?
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ok because you for some reason cannot post links until your not considered a new member, just go to the search function and type in lip plumper. Scroll down a bit until you see a topic titled, "Eureka... etc." I think that's how its spelt

Here you go, I'm new too so don't worry about trying to find things, you'll make your way. Just remember to use the SEARCH function at the top.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
htian21 wrote:
DEALATED: Thanks for the tip but I am new to the forum. Could you please hint me how to find the thread you mentioned above?

Sure! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so vague before:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Dealated! That's very sweet of you!
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Fancl. It is very efficient.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
itisme wrote:
Fancl. It is very efficient.

i heard fancl has drinks and pills to boost your collagen level. quite popular in asia.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Jan Marini has a product called C Estamins which contains a high dose advanced form of collagen. I have not tried them but I think I have read that other forum members use and like this product. It is sold by EDS.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
On and off I try to take some kind of collagen supplements. I'm currently trying Meiji Collagen powder which you mix in juice or water. No discernable taste. When I can afford which is rarely I'll take Fancl's Tense up EX which is their latest collagen drink. Apparently you see results in 10 days. That is their claim but because I take it more for maintenance I can't attest to those claims. I have a friend who's been taking collagen supps for years says it's really helped with her joint pain. Oh and her skin is really to die for as well. So who really knows? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
fenn wrote:
On and off I try to take some kind of collagen supplements. I'm currently trying Meiji Collagen powder which you mix in juice or water. No discernable taste. When I can afford which is rarely I'll take Fancl's Tense up EX which is their latest collagen drink. Apparently you see results in 10 days. That is their claim but because I take it more for maintenance I can't attest to those claims. I have a friend who's been taking collagen supps for years says it's really helped with her joint pain. Oh and her skin is really to die for as well. So who really knows? Wink

Fenn, yes i am so sold on fancl tense up drinks. in fact i asked my friend in HK to bring me back 3 boxes. but it is quite expensive to consume it on daily basis.
beautysearch7748

Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also new to the forum.I'm trying to find collagen supplements that can help me with joint pain and the lack of the collagen I have throughout my body. I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome which is a rare disease that involves connective tissue, joints, and internal organs. People that have this disease lack collagen. Hear that in the U.S. you can't get collagen supplements.Please don't tell me to do a "search." I'm new, don't know my way around this forum, and would appreciate someone being kind enough, you senior members that have this knowledge, to direct me in the right direction. Would appreciate any info. Fenn or anyone else that takes this, where would I find this Mejii collagen powder? Please help! Crying or Very sad Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the originator of the "Eureka" thread -- here's the link to it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&highlight=eureka

beautysearch7748 wrote:
Hear that in the U.S. you can't get collagen supplements.
That's not true, you can definitely get collagen supplements in the U.S..

To help with joint/arthritis pain, you won't a supplement containing chondrotin, glucosamine, hyaluronic acid and Biocell Type II Collagen.

The by-product of using these supplements is also plumper, firmer looking skin and lips, in addition to helping relieve joint/arthritic pain!

Here are some brands that I recommend:

> http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4539&at=0

> http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=3317&at=0

> http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=2497&at=0

> http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=3316&at=0

> http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=2461&at=0

There are other, cheaper supplements out there (some can be found at Walmart or drugstores like Walgreens/CVS), but the above-listed brands from Source Naturals, HydraPlenish and/or Jarrow have been tried by myself and/or other EDS members with great success.

In same cases, you can find the Source Naturals supplements at Whole Foods stores, but the price is marked up MASSIVELY so it's cheaper to order it online from one of the vitamin/supplement retailers on the web. I personally shop with iHerb so I can recommend them as a reputable seller.

HTH,
Carrie

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, carekate, for your detailed response. Really appreciate it so much and will be definitely checking it out! This is all such great information! Smile
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
i m on Fancl Collagen, i find them pretty good.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
rainbow,
Where did you get, is it Fanci or Fancl, where did you get it? What store or if online, what site?
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Fancl is a Japanese brand, maybe you can get some from ebay, but it's much cheaper to buy in Japan or Hong Kong.

Fancl has a patented collagen HTC which they claim it will be absorbed more easily.

I am on it too, but I am not sure if it is helping... I will keep taking it though.
beautysearch7748

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Uno,
But I live in the U.S. How do I get it from Japan or Hong Kong? Is there a web site I can get it from?
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
You can search Fancl Tense Up at ebay. There are some sellers do ship them to the US. I suggest you get the powder form, as the shipping fee would be much cheaper as opposed to the original glass packages.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
beautysearch7748 ~ i bought it from the Fancl counter @ my local stores. at times they have promotional discount as well. btw, i am from Singapore.

recently, my gf rave about Meji Collagen as well. it comes in 2 form, the tin or refill type. its in powder form, u just mix with water to drink. anyone tried this before? any review?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Fancl or Meiji. They are all Japanese brands.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
beautysearch7748 ~ i bought it from the Fancl counter @ my local stores. at times they have promotional discount as well. btw, i am from Singapore.

recently, my gf rave about Meji Collagen as well. it comes in 2 form, the tin or refill type. its in powder form, u just mix with water to drink. anyone tried this before? any review?

From feedback, Fancl has greater and faster effect compared to Meiji Amino Collagen but of course this is reflected in the price differential. I am referring to the drink not the powder or tablets.

Meiji has been reported to make people gain weight because of the base powder ingredients. It also works but effect not so dramatic as Fancl.

So if you need instant great results, e.g. wedding or important event, Fancl drink is more suitable. For maintenance and if you are budget conscious, Meiji is also fine.
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking NeoCell Super Collagen for two years...a must have for hair, skin, nails and joints! I found out about it from an Oprah show. Luckily, its easily available: amazon, local health food stores, all the major online sites like iherb and vitacost. Great reviews on this brand everywhere! Smile
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Fancl has a US site to order from. There is also Mitsuwa supplements that I have seen in health food stores lately which is also Japanese.

I have not tried taking them but they are popular in Japan.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |