Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Best toner for fairly dry/normal skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2004 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys... Smile

Am on the lookout for a new toner....is it worth spending the amount on a brand (such as those carried by EDS) or do all toners do more or less the same thing....?

Am using the Decleor one that replaced Derma Floral at the moment....hasnt really done anything for me hence the question....

What are your favourites? Question
Mabsy

Mon May 17, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nikita!

My faves are Phytomer Face Dew ( the faint rosey smell!) and Phytomer Eau Marine. Both are alcohol free but I think the Face Dew would be more suitable for dry/normal skin as it seems to leave my face a bit more moisturised. I'm also currently using the Dr H Facial Toner which I just recently acquired Embarassed Quite nice, though does have a bit of alcohol in it I think.
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2004 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy.... Smile

Thanks for sharing that....do you think it would matter a very big amount if we didnt use a toner?? I know that a toner balances the PH level of your skin and everything...but is it ok perhaps to buy a 'cheap' toner and spend the saving on say a Vitamin C serum??!!Wink

Very Happy
Nikita
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2004 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Shiseido's Hydo-Balancing Softener. It is alcohol free. That being said, I don't think that it is imparative to have a toner in your regime. I believe that if you have a good cleanser that is not stripping your face and not leaving behind any makeup or residue, then toner is not necessary. But then again, I tend to be a minamalist and try to get by with the best quality but least quantity products that I can.

C.B.
margarita
5% products discount

Tue May 18, 2004 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Razz hi
nikita
my favorite toners are from Yonka "normal to oily" lotion for the summer, and rose water by Phytomer in the winter time.
These are great products and lasts for about 6 months each cheap Wink Wink Wink
margarita
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I am using Murad's Hydrating Toner which is good for my dry skin. It leaves a nice comfortable feeling, removing the taut feeling that you sometimes get after a foaming facial wash. The faint smell is also pleasant and the price tag is decent.
Cheers
Jenny
Mabsy

Wed May 19, 2004 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nikita,

In all honesty, I have never thought that toner was an essential step in a beauty routine. I use it because I like it, I like the fact that I am using something additional to make sure that ALL traces of makeup are gone (though I have pretty good faith in my cleanser anyway Smile) and I like how my skin feels after using it. I have normal to combo skin. For people with dry skins, the appropriate toner can be an extra source of moisturisation. So I guess it depends on your skin type.

But for years I went without using toner. Nowadays I use it everyday/night. Sometimes I use it as a mask (soak a paper mask with it and apply for about 10-20 minutes). If I had to decide what I'd rather splurge on, it would definitely be the C serum! However, more expensive does not necesarily mean it's better. So I do my research and read other people's reviews Smile

Nikita wrote:
Hi Mabsy.... Smile

Thanks for sharing that....do you think it would matter a very big amount if we didnt use a toner?? I know that a toner balances the PH level of your skin and everything...but is it ok perhaps to buy a 'cheap' toner and spend the saving on say a Vitamin C serum??!!Wink

Very Happy
Nikita
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2004 10:17 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Mabsy"]Hi Nikita,

In all honesty, I have never thought that toner was an essential step in a beauty routine. I use it because I like it, I like the fact that I am using something additional to make sure that ALL traces of makeup are gone (though I have pretty good faith in my cleanser anyway Smile) and I like how my skin feels after using it. I have normal to combo skin. For people with dry skins, the appropriate toner can be an extra source of moisturisation. So I guess it depends on your skin type.

But for years I went without using toner. Nowadays I use it everyday/night. Sometimes I use it as a mask (soak a paper mask with it and apply for about 10-20 minutes). If I had to decide what I'd rather splurge on, it would definitely be the C serum! However, more expensive does not necesarily mean it's better. So I do my research and read other people's reviews Smile

Hi Mabsy, like you I use toner just to make sure that all traces of make-up (although I hardly uses them except pressed face powder) from my face and does make my skin feel clean after and like you again, I have combo skin, but not as dry as others nor too oily. I guess my only regiment everyday is after shower/cleaning my face with Green Tea soap by "Godiva Natural Skin Care", then I use their toner, Fruit Acid Revitalizing cream then my moisturizer. During the day before going out, my last one would be the pressed face powder, but before going to bed, the last one would be my night moisturizer.

Now here's I'd like to find out, I don't usually do mask because I guess time is the essence here and by the time I'm ready to do my evening routine, I just want to go to bed after cleansing my face. Does anyone do masking here? What kind of brand do you use? Does it help those pores on your face? thanks.

Wed May 19, 2004 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hey there...
Sweet Fourm...just found it...

I use elemental skin care when I use a toner, but that's only because my make-up artist recommended it.

Is toner really necessary though? I agree, I think the cleanser might suffice...

I also think you may want to try different brands as all skin types are different but I would stay away from alcohol...

Oh well...my two cents Very Happy
MBL
5% products discount

Wed May 19, 2004 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Nikita wrote:
Hi Mabsy.... Smile

Very Happy
Nikita

Sorry I know it's off topic but Nikita will you quit mentioning a vitamin c serum, everytime I see those words mouth starts to water as I start thinking about oranges. Very Happy

Mabsy it's these kind of uninformative posts that'll soon have me hitting 1000! Wink
Mabsy

Thu May 20, 2004 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Daisymae - a BIG welcome to you! Very Happy

MBL - .... ah... I just managed to stop laughing! Laughing

Dabawenya62 - of yeah! I'm the mask queen! Laughing Well, no, just kiding I'm nowhere near that! But I have quite a few masks at home and do them quite regularly. Moisturising ones (Phytomer, Thalgo, DDF), pimple/deep cleansing ones (Queen Helene, MDF Clearing Complex Mask), oxygenating (Peter Thomas Roth oxygenating mask), and the ultimate pick-me-up mask Valmont Renewing Pack. I've also tried quite a few others that I liked and plan to buy (at some stage Smile). I also now have the Kose Sekkisei lotion and I sometimes use rosewater as a mask as well. Love masks! They're *so* relaxing. Especially good if you are "time poor" and manage to find a few spare minutes Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |