Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
London emu crisis
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Help!
I'm all out of emu and nothing else will do. It's too late to get any online with the Christmas delays and all I can find in the shops is yellowy stuff for the body.
Has anyone seen Dremu in the shops? I have a vague memory of seeing it somewhere, but I can't remember where.
I'm in SW London.
Cheers
Molly Cool
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
i feel your pain -
this is one item i would not want to be with out!

have you tried health food stores?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:
have you tried health food stores?

Yep - they only have the icky stuff for joint pain and usually just one old bottle.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Garden Pharmacy Molly? They usually have a huge selection of some of the more hard-to-find things, and could be worth a try if you don't mind schlepping up to Covent Garden.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
yikes!!!

for now, all i can suggest is - schedule an extra massage today with your cabana boy.

it'll help with the tension.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Fifi - they seem to have a not too unpleasant bottle online so I may be lucky in the shop itself.

What's a Cabana boy? Don't know where I'd pick one of them up round here either Laughing
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
What's a Cabana boy? Don't know where I'd pick one of them up round here either Laughing

Main Entry: cabana boy
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a young man who works at a resort or popular vacation spot, often making a lot of money for jobs like serving alcoholic drinks

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.6)
Copyright © 2003-2006 Lexico Publishing Group, LLC

; )
i'm from the "take the cabana boy out of the resort and into the home" camp.

young (at least in spirit), optionally scantilly (sp?) clad, servile men-folk.
basically there to 'do your bidding"

i highly suggest at least one! ; )

------

my thoughts are with you on your emu quest today.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
it's not Dremu, but it might tide you over in a pinch:
http://www.mezza.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13&zenid=2qi03tdriqpes2fc4cratfj9s5
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Sorry havnt seen it anywhere in the shops, but Im sure that if you order it online you can have them delivered within 2-3 days in the UK, im sure you'll get it before Xmas
Try this site
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/default/d/dremu/mt/me/rid/2985

Good Luck

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
if all else fails, could you use jojoba? I hope you find something! I know what you mean about the gross emu oil offered by health stores, when i went through a similar crisis the single bottles I would find were in dark corners on shelves and were dusty and dirty... Confused
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I don't like Jojoba Sad nor its friends. I'm an emu, camellia, squalene type (in that order) and none of those are popular in UK shops. I asked about emu and camellia in Fresh & Wild in Clapham and the assistant looked at me like I was a complete freak. Hard to explain why I wasn't satisfied by any one of the other 100s of oils they had on offer.

I nearly fell for it and went to order a half ounce of Dremu for 35 quid which can't be guaranteed delivery before Christmas, but sanity came back to me. I can't spend that kind of money on a little scrap of bird fat just to tide me over.

I'm thinking of having a bold new brand adventure. I can get this in the shops
Calendula Omega 3/7 Hydra-Calm Moisturiser - Sensitive skin
http://www.renskincare.com/cat_id/FACEMOIST/product-REN-Calendula-Omega-3-7-Hydra-Calm-Moisturiser--Sensitive-skin-REN588R.htm
and it sounds quite pleasant.
Anyone tried it?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hey Molly,
I know my local 'health food shop' sells emu oil but not sure what brands as I am still using my skin bio stuff.

It might be worth popping in your local hfs & having a look.

I feel your pain & hope you manage to get some.

you might not read this as I think I have turned into the invisible woman on EDS Sad

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
you might not read this as I think I have turned into the invisible woman on EDS Sad

i see you, lori!!! wave okay, that wave may have been a trifle obnoxious, but i am truly glad you're active again (read many of your past posts).
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

I don't like Jojoba Sad nor its friends. I'm an emu, camellia, squalene type (in that order) and none of those are popular in UK shops. I asked about emu and camellia in Fresh & Wild in Clapham and the assistant looked at me like I was a complete freak. Hard to explain why I wasn't satisfied by any one of the other 100s of oils they had on offer.

I nearly fell for it and went to order a half ounce of Dremu for 35 quid which can't be guaranteed delivery before Christmas, but sanity came back to me. I can't spend that kind of money on a little scrap of bird fat just to tide me over.

http://www.renskincare.com/cat_id/FACEMOIST/product-REN-Calendula-Omega-3-7-Hydra-Calm-Moisturiser--Sensitive-skin-REN588R.htm
Anyone tried it?

Wow, it looks very interesting. Let us know how it works for you!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
loopylori wrote:

i see you, lori!!! wave okay, that wave may have been a trifle obnoxious, but i am truly glad you're active again (read many of your past posts).

Awww shucks. Thanks, I liked the wave. I'll pick my toys up now & put them back in the pram.
Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Anyone tried it?

I have tried the Hydra Calm Moisturiser and also the Omega Serum by REN. I was disappointed by the texture. This product just does not seem to sink in at all. Hours later I had a greasy slick on my skin.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I asked about emu and camellia in Fresh & Wild in Clapham and the assistant looked at me like I was a complete freak.

You asked about emu oil in Fresh and Wild...?!Laughing ROFL Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:05 am      Reply with quote
What's wrong with Fresh & Wild then Daisy? We have a branch in town which quite a few of my colleagues rave about - have to confess I've never even been there as it's a bit of a schlepp from where I live (out in the boonies).
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I like Fresh and Wild. I was just joking as the staff are very worthy in there..I can't imagine their reaction if I asked for an animal oil to put on my face.

Actually though I do like Fresh (and Wildely expensive) - the one in Westbourne Grove is a bit poncy, they even sell 'milcuccinos' for toddlers. And I don't like the way they have their positioning yet when you look at the vegetables, they have got a lot of food miles on them... even in the height of summer here where there's not exactly a glut of English stuff.

Fresh and Wild has actually been owned by Whole Foods for a couple of years, they wanted to dip their toe in the market before opening their own stores. The big Whole Foods on the former Barkers building on Kensington High St looks like it will be open by Spring.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I must go and check them out, although I don't think the store they have here (I live in Bristol) will be anything like as big as the London ones. I have good intentions when it comes to organic stuff, but they usually crumble faced with the ease of going to my local supermarket.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
DaisyLondon - I must say it never occurred to me that they were a vegetarian shop until you said that Embarassed although I often browse the food shelves too. I kind of think of wild ducks if you say fresh and wild. They'd never heard of either emu nor Camellia, which surprised me seeing as they have shelf-loads of skincare items. Funny how the focus on oils is so different in different continents. It's well worth a visit Fifi - I can spend ages in there.

Hi Loopi - sorry you're invisible. I have checked out all my local healthfood stores and have seen one or two bottles of unappetising dusty body stuff. I know what you mean about being invisible though. I get that over on naturallycurly.com - it's most peeving.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
They're not a vegetarian shop as such as they do sell meat and fish. It's just some of the staff are quite worthy and may find emu oil for skincare a bit weird...I've never seen emu oil in the shops not even at my local health food shop which has all sorts of weird and wonderful goodies. The only place I have seen camelia oil is on Ebay and also the Amanda Lacey one in Harvey Nichols (though from memory when I read the lable the main ingredient was another oil..?)
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Was that the Fresh & Wild in clapham? I use that one - they sell meat and fish, so couldnt afford to be iffy about emu oil.
They do have quite a nice looking skincare section, dont they? but they dont appear to know much about the products...

They are quite good at giving out samples though

Wink
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Help!
I'm all out of emu and nothing else will do. It's too late to get any online with the Christmas delays and all I can find in the shops is yellowy stuff for the body.
Has anyone seen Dremu in the shops? I have a vague memory of seeing it somewhere, but I can't remember where.
I'm in SW London.
Cheers
Molly Cool

Hi Molly

Did u find Dremu finally

i am looking for that as well in order to reduce redness on my face...........

i am in london (near covent garden..)
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sharon
Sorry I never did come across any Dremu in the shops, but I'm pleased to announce that I really like the emu from this place
http://www.mezza.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13&zenid=2qi03tdriqpes2fc4cratfj9s5 which Lavie found. I also now have a bottle of Dremu (from EDS) and comparing the two there is really very little difference bar the price Dremu £35 for half an ounce (UK price not EDS), this organic emu £4.50 for 2 ounces. Seriously - the colour's the same, the consistency's the same. They are both slightly yellow with visible fatty particles unlike the ultra-emu which I've been using lately which is white and more homogenised looking. The Dremu is just a touch paler yellow than this organic cheapie

I'm finding both of them more moisturising than the ultra and just as absorbant. I'm so happy I can buy something cheap but nourishing here in the UK!

Thanks Lavie
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |