Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Giftwrapping presents -- what's your usual?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: What type of wrapper are you?

fancy -- neatly wrapped, perfect corners, pretty bows, curly ribbons, etc.
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
basic -- corners are good enough, all sides and seams taped, no bows or ribbons
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
bagger -- gift bags with tissue paper
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
boxer -- present comes in a nice box from a decent store and that's how you give it
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
as is -- "I really want you to have this now, but I didn't have time to wrap it [said with a smile, of course]"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if people have a starndard approach for how they deal with wrapping presents.

I tend to be basic or bagger. Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am a horrible gift wrapper! Embarassed If it wasn't for gift bags and tissue paper, I don't know what I'd do! Laughing

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
When I had more time I liked to do fancy wrapping, but that was a long time ago! Smile

I'm definitely a bagger now.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I actually really enjoy wrapping gifts. I take the time to pick the perfect paper for each person and gift and I add bows, and ribbons and little note cards - the works! I almost hate to see the person unwrap the gift because the boxes look so darn pretty. LOL I am also one of those anal gift nwrappers who takes the time to pick away at the tape so as not to rip the paper and/or destroy the handiwork of the gift giver. LOL I know - I have issues. But acceptance is the first step. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
l like fancy -- neatly wrapped, perfect corners, pretty bows, curly ribbons, etc. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm quite unskilled when it comes to gift wrapping so I'm usually a basic gift wrapper. It does depend though - sometimes stores will offer free gift wrapping/gift bagging so most of the time I will take advantage of that. It also depends on the shape of the gift, sometimes gifts that are not in a box or gifts that are oddly shaped I'd go for the gift bags and tissue.

I do LOVE unwrapping presents though! Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well, since my Mom is the Michelangelo of gift wrapping, I'm going with fancy all the way! My Mom wraps the most exquisite looking gifts with gorgeous papers and bows, little cards, the works. She is meticulous and methodical ... sometimes its really difficult to get the gift unwrapped! She does bags, too (as do I), but even then they are THE most gorgeously done gift bags.

And I picked up her methods/habits/neuroses, whatever you want to call it, and people are always commenting on the way I wrap presents and how beautiful they are. I've been accused of being able to gift-wrap ANYTHING (its pretty much true!), large items, odd-shaped items, whatever ya' got, bring it on! I also like to put little goodies on the outside of the package or use things such as silk flowers instead of bows, with silk ivy instead of ribbon.

For me picking out the perfect present for someone and doing a perfect gift-wrap are the best parts of gift-giving. Oddly, I always prefer giving gifts over getting them. I know, I'm a giant nerd!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm definitely a bagger. My sister often feels sorry for me and wraps my stuff if she sees me struggling. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I loooove wrapping presents. I got three kinds of paper this year and coordinated them with the pretty curly ribbbons. I'm a fool for Martha Stewart-ish stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm OCD, and I have to have everything just perfect. I'm one of those people whose gifts you can't get into. Embarassed
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I'm OCD, and I have to have everything just perfect. I'm one of those people whose gifts you can't get into. Embarassed

lol! same here Smile
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Haha - I am *such* a bagger. Wrapping gifts is not my forte.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Gift bags are such a lifesaver - I try to buy presents that will fit in them whenever possible!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm completely rubbish at giftwrapping. And I pity the poor recipients - I use almost a whole roll of Sellotape to secure each and every parcel! Embarassed
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I like to put thought into the presents I wrap. Thought the corners aren't perfect, I try to make them as good as I can, I curl ribbon and all that. My mom even makes homemade gift tags.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Gift Bags all the way for me. I cant sit still long enough to ever enjoy wrapping.

Sherri
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Definitely a bagger! I have 22 people to buy for so tend to take the quickest way out! Embarassed Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm like Violetanne. I always add ribbons & curl them & I try for neat corners but they don't always look fab. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wrap the presents in a good style and put store bought bows (in the bag) on it. Sometimes I even recycle the bows Laughing
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Definitely ribbons & bows, perfect corners & folds, contrasting layers and of course colour co-ordinated.... Uhhh hmm do you think I should have that seen too?? Very Happy
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
My dad thought me how to wrap gifts and since he's alittle on the "anal" side, so am I. I love wrapping gifts with bows, ribbons, etc. I do use bags with needed.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
bagger is good for me right now.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
My sisters and I started years ago having present wrapping contests. We'd all gotten so lazy, itturned into a fun way to get everyone back into the festivities.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Bagger, definately!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |