Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cheap product for red marks?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kiddo
5% products discount

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a drugstore fading cream/serum/whatever for red marks left by acne? I don't want to have to pay any more than $15 or so. Doesn't Olay have one - Regenerist something?? I saw a couple at a health food store, don't remember the brands. Any suggestions on what to try, that won't break the bank and that actually produces some results?

I know I'm such a cheapo! Very Happy
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey cheapo,
Try consistently using an aspirin mask. Works wonders and it's CHEAP. Smile

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
another one is netrogena post-acne peel. forgot about the price but in that range/
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
another one is netrogena post-acne peel. forgot about the price but in that range/

I think it's around 10, which is pretty good. Another is the aha lotion from the alphahysrox line.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Try Mederma gel for scars
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I tried that Neutrogena peel mask and whenever I used it, it stung like h*ll. I would bear the stinging for idea that it would fade my red scars. Well, I have found that the aspirin mask works just as well (at least for me) and it doesn't sting at all.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
kiddo
5% products discount

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, that's it, I'm trying the aspirin mask tonight! I have a *bad* cyst on my chin, which is very strange because I never get cysts. Anyway, I'm hoping this aspirin mask will help reduce it and make it less red and inflamed. It's the kind of monstrocity that makes you literally hide from people. And it's painful. Why oh why did I get this thing from h*ll?? Ok, enough of my whining.

One question: I'm prone to milia - is the aspirin mask likely to bring little bumps to the surface, as in "purging"? I don't want to deal with more bumps right now, even if it will make my skin better in the long run. A cyst is more than enough to deal with!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
kiddo wrote:

One question: I'm prone to milia - is the aspirin mask likely to bring little bumps to the surface, as in "purging"? I don't want to deal with more bumps right now, even if it will make my skin better in the long run. A cyst is more than enough to deal with!

Any product that contains salicylic acid will purge a bit, usually the process is over in about three weeks. The good news is its not nearly as bad as some purging products. If you are worried about it then just spot treat the cyst over night. If you want to do it during the day then leave it on for 30 mins. It would probably be best to do both.

Milia and purging are not the same thing, milia is caused by too rich creams, purging is all the underground lurking gunk that will eventually turn into a blemish or blackhead that is brought to the surface or exposed by exfoliating the dead layers of skin.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
kiddo wrote:
Ok, that's it, I'm trying the aspirin mask tonight! I have a *bad* cyst on my chin, which is very strange because I never get cysts. Anyway, I'm hoping this aspirin mask will help reduce it and make it less red and inflamed. It's the kind of monstrocity that makes you literally hide from people. And it's painful. Why oh why did I get this thing from h*ll?? Ok, enough of my whining.

Yeah, give it a whirl and see how it works for you. I use a mixture of crushed aspirin, aloe gel and honey.

I agree with VonStella. I don't think you would develop any milia. I am prone to them myself and haven't developed any as a result of the asprin mask.

sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin E oil is great.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Vitamin E oil is great.

I agree, just use Vitamin E oil on the mark everyday.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love to add a couple drops of Tea Tree Oil to my Asprin Mask. Just a couple drops though. Once I added to much and my eyes were burning...while I waited to the mixture to dry.
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I believe lavender oil helps too.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Mederma gel for scars!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Believe it or not, I used to put visine on my pimples that were red and inflammed. It actually helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Believe it or not, I used to put visine on my pimples that were red and inflammed. It actually helps.

I've done that too but most times I would end up with a white spot around the red spot no matter how careful I was to keep the Visine ONLY on my pimple. Brick wall This just accentuated my pimple that much more. Guess my application method wasn't precise enough! Rolling Eyes Anyway, for the more adept, I would say this is a good immediate "trick".

ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

I've done that too but most times I would end up with a white spot around the red spot no matter how careful I was to keep the Visine ONLY on my pimple. Brick wall This just accentuated my pimple that much more. Guess my application method wasn't precise enough! Rolling Eyes Anyway, for the more adept, I would say this is a good immediate "trick".

Really, mine never left a residue? Wonder if the makeup are different for the various Visines out there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen a lot about Asprin Masks. Think I will try one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just remember that not all uncoated aspirin is created equal. CVS has a good store brand.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
you should definitely try pearl creme. carrie/carekate has a recipe posted here or you can PM her and she can make some for you for a very reasonable price.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17656

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Aspirin mask and pearl creme/paste.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
kiddo wrote:
For this, you should try Yonka Emulsion Pure (or the homemade version -- recipe is posted in the DIY Skincare Recipe thread)!

ETA: Regarding aspirin mask and milia: it has been my experience that the aspirin mask softens the hard covering over the milia so that the "seed" can be more easily extracted (by applying minimal pressure -- usually you actually have to pierce the skin of a milia with a thin, sterile needle in order to extract the seed). Aspirin masks DO NOT CAUSE milia!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Aspirin mask and pearl creme/paste.
Also, the ACV toner is a good way to fade red marks from previous breakouts, to wit:

carekate wrote:
Here are some of the benefits of ACV toner:

• helps even out skin tone
• smoothes out your skin's texture
• helps minimizes the size and appearance of pores
• dries up and reduces redness from breakouts almost over night
• helps regulate oil production
• impart's to your skin "a radiant glow."

Again, the basic recipe for ACV toner can be found in the DIY Skincare Recipes thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
amnis wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

Really, mine never left a residue? Wonder if the makeup are different for the various Visines out there.

Oh, not residue... What I meant was that the Visine temporarily lightens the skin around the pimple. Since Visine constricts blood vessels (the whitening effect) it does this with the minute blood vessels in skin. I guess it shows up more on my skin b/c I have a lot of red in it due to the vessels close to the surface of my skin.

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |