Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Can you buffer retinoids with emu oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone here do this? Does the emu help with irritation from the retinoids?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Emu is very calming. It will also make the retinol go deeper.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use squalane with ala from psf, it works beautifully!
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Emma2006. I use it over Avene Eluage and Avene Ystheal and like it very much. I don't have sensitive skin, so can't address the irritation issue, but I mix a couple drops of Candy's HA with a couple drops of ultra emu oil, and my face looks lovely. (if I may say so.)
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
cedar,just to make it crystal clear for me - because I am new to this - do you use HA with emu oil over the eluage even though eluage has HA in it?

(I'm just about to begin using the eluage and am pleased to pick up this tip.)

And which emu oil do you use?
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
catski, I am no expert, can only say what I've been doing and it seems good for me. Yes, I do use a couple drops of HA with the ultra emu. I like how it feels when mixed, and absorbs almost immediately. I believe it pushes the Eluage into my skin to do deeper work. (hey, I said I'm no expert! Wink )

I ordered Ultra Emu oil manufactured by LB Processors. I think it was a little cheaper to order it from skincarecentral.biz.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
i am not very familiar w retinoids,
but I'm sure emu will help with healing and moisturization.

not sure if it works the same way with retinoids, but with cp's the emu before buffers, or provides a gentler application - emu after makes for a stronger application.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
catski, I am no expert, can only say what I've been doing and it seems good for me. Yes, I do use a couple drops of HA with the ultra emu. I like how it feels when mixed, and absorbs almost immediately. I believe it pushes the Eluage into my skin to do deeper work. (hey, I said I'm no expert! Wink )

I ordered Ultra Emu oil manufactured by LB Processors. I think it was a little cheaper to order it from skincarecentral.biz.

thanks cedar - dont worry, I wont sue you if it doesnt work for me! just nice to hear what other people are doing with the products that one is also using.

I'm looking forward to trying the eluage, and I hadnt thought of using emu with it.
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Emu applied UNDER the retinoid will BUFFER it and reduce irritation. It will still penetrate normally, but at a slower rate.

Emu applied OVER the retinoid will PUSH it in deeper and faster.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
thanks alot this has been very helpful
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I actually use my prescription retinoid before I wash my face to reduce irritation, and I imagine it would produce similar results using emu -- I think any oil would provide a nice buffer.

by the way, the retinoid has worked great for 2+ years doing it this way -- no reason to think you absolutely must put it on bare skin for results.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |