Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: PSF Acne Treatment Mud ~HUGE RAVE~
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I got this along with my last EDS order. I really wasnt expecting much from this (even though I all other PSF products I have tried), I figured it would be like any other clay based acne mask. I was totally wrong! This stuff is great! I had 5, yes count them 5, huge cysts show up in the past two weeks, due to TOM breakouts and lots of sugar that were exacerbated by the huge amount of stress Im under this month. We have a wedding out of town that DH is the best man for and will have to drive 5 1/2 hours both ways TWICE this month with a 10 month old. This is not including the drive to Austin for Christmas that is sandwiched inbetween these two trips, needless to say my skin has been suffering. 4 of the cysts were on my chin and 1 right above my eyebrow, I was so upset that I was going to look like I had been attacked by hornets in all the holiday/wedding photos!

On to the good stuff....

I started treating my above mentioned cysts about a week ago(had used it as a full face mask twice before) with overnight spot treatments. Every morning when I got up they were smaller and smaller (probably would have gone away sooner if I had gotten more that 5 hours of sleep a night). Yesterday when I was washing my face I realized that they had either shrunk up completely or turned into a *very* small hard bump that I know I can excract eventually with ease with no lasting red mark. Much better then waiting for them to all come to a head and then having to walk around all scabby and red for weeks. If you are acne prone this is a must have to keep around, if it can zap cysts no telling what it would do to a normal blemish! I really like to apply it full face and steam for 10 mins, let it dry for 20 and rinse. My skin just glows and my pores look so clean and small!

*Tip* If you decide to do a full face mask you will smell of sulphur for a long while after washing it off! Strongly! You might want to shower after using it, not too attractive if you plan on getting some later that night! Embarassed Learned that the hard way! Laughing

Texture: Pretty standard clay mask. Its green and very smooth to apply.

Packaging: 1 oz. PSF minimalist, screw top jar style, smaller than I had wanted but it is actually perfect for traveling.

Ingredients: French Green Clay – Draws oil & impurities out of skin. Shrink pore size & reduce oiliness. Sulphur – Powerful natural topical antimicrobial, reduces redness & swelling of inflamed skin. Tea Tree & Eucalyptus - Help control oiliness & control acne-causing bacteria. Multi-Use - Use overnight as a spot treatment or as a treatment masque.
Aqua (Distilled Water), French Green Clay, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Lecithin, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Essential Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Lavendula oficinalis (Lavender) Essential Oil, Propylene Glycol (from Seaweed), Salix nigra (Organic Black Willowbark) Extract, Azadirachta indica (Organic Neem), Fucus vesiculosis (Seaweed) Extract, Methylpropylparaben

Overall: Turns out you dont need a ton of this product if you are spot treating, and if you are only doing a full face mask once a week it should last at least several months. It doesnt sting like hell fire the way alot of masks geared toward acne do, didnt dry my skin out or cause irritation. Best of all it works! I give it a 10 out of 10!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Awesome review, Vonstella! Answers all sorts of questions. I had a sample of this I used for spot treating and I agree, it works nicely. Will have to seriously consider purchasing a full-sized container now!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Awesome review, Vonstella! Answers all sorts of questions. I had a sample of this I used for spot treating and I agree, it works nicely. Will have to seriously consider purchasing a full-sized container now!

You really should! I have tried almost every clay mask under the sun for acne, this is quickly becoming my HG!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Great review vonstella! I'm almost finished my Dr. H clay mask (maybe 2 more apps.) so I will order this next. I love clay masks. They draw a lot of oil out, without leaving my face dry, and this one sounds awsome! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
Great review vonstella! I'm almost finished my Dr. H clay mask (maybe 2 more apps.) so I will order this next. I love clay masks. They draw a lot of oil out, without leaving my face dry, and this one sounds awsome! Very Happy

I wanted to try the Dr. H mask but was really put off by the price. I think the PSF mask, while its only 1 oz, is such a better deal and there is no worry about purging.

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi vonstella, thanks for the awesome review. i actually just gave this to my friend as a gift along with the PSF balancing oil, since he has had frequent breakouts juggling law school and fatherhood for the first time this year. I really hope it works for him too, it sounds like very potent (and affordable) stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi vonstella, thanks for the awesome review. i actually just gave this to my friend as a gift along with the PSF balancing oil, since he has had frequent breakouts juggling law school and fatherhood for the first time this year. I really hope it works for him too, it sounds like very potent (and affordable) stuff!

How nice of you! You must let us know how he does with it.

sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
sportygirl wrote:

I wanted to try the Dr. H mask but was really put off by the price. I think the PSF mask, while its only 1 oz, is such a better deal and there is no worry about purging.

Yes, the price of the PSF is definitely a plus! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Great review vonstella! Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

How nice of you! You must let us know how he does with it.

will do vonstella! i am thinking of getting this for my SO too, at the price, why not, right? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Great review Vonstella!! Will put this on my "must try" list Cool Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I've been thinking of keeping one of these in the house. Your review is very convincing that it's worth it! I get occasional cysts and I'm hoping the Acne Mud will help me.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the revieew..I have a 15-year-skin...who's skin is breaking out; I think I'll get it for her...she's very impatient; she needs something that works like yesterday!
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I have been using PSF acne mud mask for a month now. It stings for the first minute while leaving it on. But definately well worth it. I love this mask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update-

2 of the bumps that were still there that were small and hard are GONE now, no extraction necessary! I cannot believe that they all went away without coming to a head! I have a sight pink-not red-mark on one that I scratched by accident but, the others have no mark at all. I cant even tell where they were exactly! This stuff is gold!

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update again-

I have been under MAJOR stress this month with the holidays and traveling so much, to top it off my son and DH both have the stomach flu! (Please, please, please dont let me get it! Pray ) I have had some more pretty bad breakouts, this stuff has seriously saved me so much grief. Not one bump that has shown up recently has come to a head! Dancing They have been those really painful around the mouth ones, Im just so excited to find a product that really works! If you are still on the fence about this please try it, you will not be disappointed.

Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Just wanted to update again-

I have been under MAJOR stress this month with the holidays and traveling so much, to top it off my son and DH both have the stomach flu! (Please, please, please dont let me get it! Pray ) I have had some more pretty bad breakouts, this stuff has seriously saved me so much grief. Not one bump that has shown up recently has come to a head! Dancing They have been those really painful around the mouth ones, Im just so excited to find a product that really works! If you are still on the fence about this please try it, you will not be disappointed.

I was on the fence but got 2 pots of the stuff around Christmas. I use it as a spot treatment only so it will last a long time. For a basic clay mask I prefer the Dr Hauschka but it would end up all over my pillow if I tried to use it as an overnight spot treatment.
Parentsaver
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I just received this product yesterday. I was wondering if your product was dried out? I look at the picture of it on PSF's website and it looked to be somewhat.. more liquid-y. Mine looks dried out and sometimes it is difficult to apply as it's hard to get it out of the jar.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Parentsaver wrote:
Hi I just received this product yesterday. I was wondering if your product was dried out? I look at the picture of it on PSF's website and it looked to be somewhat.. more liquid-y. Mine looks dried out and sometimes it is difficult to apply as it's hard to get it out of the jar.

Yes I had this problem after a while. I emailed PSF about it and their advice was apply it on a damp face (which doesn't work for me). I keep mine closed tightly making sure the plastic on top is always back in place. I also keep it in a ziploc bag. So far it's been okay, mine doens't get dried and crumbly until I'm very close to the end. I use a spatula to get it out of the jar.

HTH
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Parentsaver wrote:

Hey Parentsaver,

I assume that b/c the texture is so thick the product would be prone to dry out if you didnt use it up within a few months. Mine was very thick too. Keeping the plastic insert helps keep it moist. Unfortunately applying it to a wet face does not help spreadability. The only thing that I can think to do is mix 1 application worth in a small bowl with some water. Im willing to deal with it b/c the product works so well.

Maybe Darren will see this and have some advice...

FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just got this and used it both on the t zone and as a overnight spot treatment - this is POTENT stuff, alot stronger than the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask which I've been using for a long time. It has a very mild "burning" sensation when you first apply it but it goes away. It flattened out a few breakouts/pimples I had overnight. Only thing is it caused alot of flaking, but I rather put up with that than a pustule that can't be concealed. Impressed.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
I just got this and used it both on the t zone and as a overnight spot treatment - this is POTENT stuff, alot stronger than the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask which I've been using for a long time. It has a very mild "burning" sensation when you first apply it but it goes away. It flattened out a few breakouts/pimples I had overnight. Only thing is it caused alot of flaking, but I rather put up with that than a pustule that can't be concealed. Impressed.

Im so glad it worked for you. I usually exfoliate with a mild peel (see siggy) or washrag the day after I over night spot treat. Makes the flakes (if I have any) go away...

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
FYI:

Just wanted to bump this up and say that Darren must have heard about this drying up so fast. I just recieved my second pot yesterday, when I opened it I could tell that it had MUCH more moisture than the 1st one I purchased. There is also a little tip on the plastic insert saying "Do not discard this seal, doing so may result in product drying out". Gotcha!

The mask seems just as potent, and is much easier to apply. I guess the real test will be when I get half way down the pot. Will update when I get to that point.

Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
So glad I found this thread! This will be purchased very soon! I've thankfully not had any cysts (touch wood) for a few months now, but I get other types of spots and I most probably will be getting cysts again in the future (but praying they're gone forever Pray )

Vonstella, I've forgotten what skin type you are? do you think the mud is suitable for semi sensitive skin (ie, my face does not really love the pumpkin peel, but handles Glycolic, Lactic and AHAs quite well)

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
So glad I found this thread! This will be purchased very soon! I've thankfully not had any cysts (touch wood) for a few months now, but I get other types of spots and I most probably will be getting cysts again in the future (but praying they're gone forever Pray )

Vonstella, I've forgotten what skin type you are? do you think the mud is suitable for semi sensitive skin (ie, my face does not really love the pumpkin peel, but handles Glycolic, Lactic and AHAs quite well)

Hi Ruth!

I have oily, acne prone skin, its not really sensitive but doesnt like super harsh products.

If you want to try a peel that is a tad more mild than the PSF pumpkin the Mychelle Incredible Pumpkin Peel is a good choice. You can get it at Whole foods, samples are like 3 bucks so if its not your thing you havent wasted a bunch of money.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |