Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Products to buy from China/Bankok
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sonu
5% products discount

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I will be going to China and Thailand in May and want to be prepared with a shopping list/ Please tell me what products to buy from there..
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Sonu wrote:
I will be going to China and Thailand in May and want to be prepared with a shopping list/ Please tell me what products to buy from there..

sonu why dont you tell me the products you are interested so that I can give you some suggestion/ i lived in china for many years.
Sonu
5% products discount

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in skincare and makeup products specially Japanese brands and fragrances. Also bags, shoes, clothes...and whatever a girl wants..
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't buy any skincare products from China
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Do you want to buy skincare or makeup in mainland of China or Hongkong or Macau? If you are interested in something else, like clothes, food, or something else, mainland of China will be a good place to shop. But definitely not skincare and makeup. First of all, it is much more expensive; second, most of skincare and makeup products sold in mainland of China are made in China, even though they are marked in the same brands; third, they don't sell the full lines.
But if you are shopping in Hongkong or Macau, it is definitely one of the best place. You can find almost everything in HK and it is very very cheap, because products are charged tax yet in HK. Hope it is help.
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest that you don’t buy brand name products from China, authentic products sell at expensive prices. If you come across a bargain that is too good to be true, it most likely is. Most people from China travel to HK for the good stuff (high end designer products, skincare, gold, jewelry etc). When I travel in China, I only purchase tea and produce from the special place.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'd concur - skincare in China... only buy the brands you know. For example, higher end Japanese brands WILL cost the same was what you'd pay for them here (like Kose's Sekkisei), however, I managed to buy some Asian sunscreen (Sunplay) from Watson's drugstores, which I am happy with. They are not that cheap (same price as you'd pay at say, HK), but I didn't have to pay shipping.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure if you are into Embarassed bras & panties ... but I was told that Triumph and Wacoal are alot cheaper in Thailand. My friends from Singapore stock them up everytime they visit Bangkok.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
i concur with everyone, do not expect to buy any local cosmetic brands in mainland china. nevertheless, hongkong is an amazing place for shopping, if you stop over hongkong, you can visit the store called "sasa", huge discount over there.
for authetic japanese brands, the best place to buy is Japan, i was told the qualities of those overseas japanese products are inferior to those sold in local markets. i dont know if it's true.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Triumph and Wacoal are indeed quite cheap in Thailand, but they come in rather small sizes. If you're a C/D cup, it's pretty much hopeless trying to get a bra in Thailand unless you're shopping for maternity bras. Clothes are really cheap in Thailand. Although the authentic ones are more expensive than what you'd pay for at home.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, it's Bangkok, not Bankok Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
DHC, Sofina/Sunkiller sunscreens, Shu Uemura stuff......
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Don't forget the foods..... Drool Drool Drool

lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
l just got it from the forum about Thailand's food

Laughing Laughing Laughing
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
One more information Very Happy

queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Don't buy any skincare from china mainland, it's very expensive, but in hongkong, very good.

u may find some special national clothes, and foods, so many good thing in china, but no skincare.

i'm chinese live in chongqing. better buy the product from the city center, not the scene place, it'll be more expensive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
i concur with everyone, do not expect to buy any local cosmetic brands in mainland china. nevertheless, hongkong is an amazing place for shopping, if you stop over hongkong, you can visit the store called "sasa", huge discount over there.

Sasa has a website where you can buy online.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Hello mainland Chinese EDSers wave

Sorry Sonu if I just hijack this thread for a minute Smile

I've also lived in China for some time and I want to know about sunscreen use in the mainland.

I know you're all a bit more knowledgable than most skincare users and probably use better products but I'd really like to know about most young women in China (not HK). Here's some questions.

What are the most popular sunscreens on the mainland?

Do your friends use SS regularly? (mine don't)

Can you get Sofina or Sunkiller brands easily in China?

Do you think young Chinese women are aware that UVA is more aging than UVB?

Thanks for any answers - I have a bit of a personal interest in this at the moment.

Molly Cool
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Bangkok is a great place to get massages. The price is very good! I try to have a two hour thai massage every day when I’m there, if I have time. Also, there are some interesting herbal type treatments. I like the one where they use that herbal ball thing, not sure what it’s called.
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
liangzhiz wrote:
Do you want to buy skincare or makeup in mainland of China or Hongkong or Macau? If you are interested in something else, like clothes, food, or something else, mainland of China will be a good place to shop. But definitely not skincare and makeup. First of all, it is much more expensive; second, most of skincare and makeup products sold in mainland of China are made in China, even though they are marked in the same brands; third, they don't sell the full lines.
But if you are shopping in Hongkong or Macau, it is definitely one of the best place. You can find almost everything in HK and it is very very cheap, because products are charged tax yet in HK. Hope it is help.

I second that.

also, if you are interested in chinese traditional snack, you should buy them in mainland of china, food sold in hongkong tend to be more expensive!
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

I've also lived in China for some time and I want to know about sunscreen use in the mainland.

I know you're all a bit more knowledgable than most skincare users and probably use better products but I'd really like to know about most young women in China (not HK). Here's some questions.

Thanks for any answers - I have a bit of a personal interest in this at the moment.

Molly Cool

Sorry, Molly, I hope you dont mind I answer these questions...

maybe lancome/clinique sunblock

i dun think so...loz of them dont actually c the difference....
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

I think drugstore-type Western brands you find at Carrefour, Walmart -- and Watson's in the bigger cities (ex. Nivea).

If you're buying your skincare from Chinese brands (ex. Dabao, Mininurse), you're probably not using sunscreen. You use a parasol if you use sun protection.

Molly wrote:
Do your friends use SS regularly?

The average young urban Chinese woman. No. But she doesn't go out in the sun that much either.

Molly wrote:

Not Sofina. Not sure about Sunkiller, but I haven't seen it.

Molly wrote:

No.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Mau wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

Sasa has a website where you can buy online.

but the prices marked in hongkong dollar and can/usd are hugely different. also you have to check the expiry date yourself, coz i heard sasa's products are mostly nearly expired.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Molly Cool

hello molly, i dont think people realize the difference between UVA and UVB, but to them, applying sunscreen or make up base is to prevent them from getting dark, you will notice lots of people use umbrellas in the summer.
Sofina, Laneige, biotherm, shu umera are quite popular sunscreen brands in mainlaid china, and they are all easily available from differnt websites.
Sonu
5% products discount

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. I get the point. I cannot get good skincare makeup in china. I am going to Bangkok too...anything else you guys can think of except massage and clothes...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |