Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any rec's for hair powder?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Im looking for a good hair powder to take it with me on short trips when I dont want to shampoo and to give my fine hair more volume. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks ladies! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Klorane dry shampoo is good.
I think Bumble and Bumble do one too.
Kevin Murphy Fresh Hair is another one.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Bumble and Bumble. It comes in different colours as well (have the "Blondish" from when my hair was highlighted, but now my hair is dark brown and it still works). I like to use it on my "second day hair" to soak up any extra oiliness.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
Definitely Bumble and Bumble. It comes in different colours as well (have the "Blondish" from when my hair was highlighted, but now my hair is dark brown and it still works). I like to use it on my "second day hair" to soak up any extra oiliness.

Do you have the spray? Ive heard its really messy.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Heads up on the Bumble & Bumble. I have dark brown hair ,& while it does a lovely job stopping oils,it also turned my scalp dark brown. People commented all day and it was embarassing. It was particularily noticable with my fair skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Heads up on the Bumble & Bumble. I have dark brown hair ,& while it does a lovely job stopping oils,it also turned my scalp dark brown. People commented all day and it was embarassing. It was particularily noticable with my fair skin.

Yeah the new formulation is out for me, it got horrible reviews on MUA. Thanks for the warning!

Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine earlier this year ... maybe it's an old formulation? Now I do have the Blondish shade, which doesn't make my hair or scalp look a different colour, however I have never tried any of the darker ones (good to know, because I will stay away from any of the darker colours). I don't find it messy when I use it. I just spray a bit at the roots and brush. I will buy it again when I run out, but I'll be sure to stick with the lighter colour (my hair is dark brown, but the Blondish doesn't change the colour of it ... I'm a little scared to buy any of the darker shades now Shock).
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Interesting MUA gave it bad reviews. I've used just regular translucent face powder in a pinch since then.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
My friend knew this girl that'll just put baby powder on near the roots to soak up the oils. I've never tried it myself, but it makes sense that it would work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I've tried several and really like Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo. It is super fine and has a fantastic lemon verbena scent. I use it between wet shampoos, to absorb product overload and it also adds a little volume and control to just washed hair.

I'm also trying Carekate's dry shampoo. The difference is that her's is unscented - so I've been mixing the two.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey vonstella! Hope you're having a Merry Christmas! I don't care too much for most Aveda products, but I hear their dry shampoo is good. I used to be a huge Aveda fan. I think if you're not happy with the dry shampoo after you try it, most salons offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. I definitely need to try it and have been meaning to.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
Hey vonstella! Hope you're having a Merry Christmas! I don't care too much for most Aveda products, but I hear their dry shampoo is good. I used to be a huge Aveda fan. I think if you're not happy with the dry shampoo after you try it, most salons offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. I definitely need to try it and have been meaning to.

Emm... Think I should be try this one!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
My friend knew this girl that'll just put baby powder on near the roots to soak up the oils. I've never tried it myself, but it makes sense that it would work.

That's what I use! I get the cornstarch kind without talc. Even though it's white, if you brush it through enough, you don't see it...and I have black hair. Very Happy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

That's what I use! I get the cornstarch kind without talc. Even though it's white, if you brush it through enough, you don't see it...and I have black hair. Very Happy

This is what Im currently using...I think Im going to try the Burt's Bees dusting powder next cause it smells so good!

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
bex wrote:

Hi Bex! I was looking into the Aveda one but had troble locating it online, maybe its only sold in salons? Do you know what the price point is on it?

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |