Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OH MY! Quasar SP Just Say No
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just read a post on another board that said not to buy the Quasar SP and to save your money and buy a Gentle Wave. She said that she bought the Q.S.P and that she could only tell a slight difference. This woman is an aesthitician and has been one for many years. I'm upset because I just bought the Power Pack Quasar SP to use in my business.

Somebody, Say It Isn't So!

Patty Rosemeyer
(New to this board)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Save your money and buy a GentleWaves? Who the hell told you that????? At the current time, a very lightly used GentleWaves machine costs over $20,000!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think that both Gentle Waves and Quasar SP use LED. Based on what I read, I think that the end results should be very similar.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Save your money and buy a GentleWaves? Who the hell told you that????? At the current time, a very lightly used GentleWaves machine costs over $20,000!

Shock FAINTS!!! lets see $1,200 vs $20,000, boy thats a tough decision!!
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
If all you've stated is fact, then you know you have the benefit of a 60 day trial with your QSP. Also, you mustknow that different people have different results with ALL products. I'm just curious why you would come to a brand new board and post something like this, without even trying the product.

I hope it works for you, because that's really what counts. If it doesn't, you will know within 60 days. I'm currently in my trial period with the BQ, and will post/review when I feel I can do so fairly and thoroughly.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I know. I thought that when I posted somebody might be upset about a negative post. Please try to understand that I am sincere when I asked for reassurance from all of you who have used the Quasar. As I informed you, I bought the Power Pack Quasar which right now, is $2,399. I have a new business as of March, 2006 and I've spent tons of money. I'm insecure about going so far out on a limb with something new that as of this date, is not a household word. Adding another $2,400 to my debt was a leap of faith and unfortunately, I bought the big Quasar yesterday and read the negative post last night and got nervous. Thank you all for any feedback you can give me. I want the negative as well as positive and I know with the money back guarantee, I have nothing to lose but we've all heard of companies that "take the money and run". Just nerves here, nothing more.

Thanks,

Patty

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Patty, okay, I guess I can understand your concern. And, I would *never* be upset about a negative constructive post. We win some, we lose some, but, let honesty rule. Maybe just tell yourself you did your research and now you have to wait to see if it's what you needed/expected. Try not to worry; just make the best of the trial period. Come back and post a review when you have decided.

Best to you; it's a challenge to keep our businesses thriving.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Another thing, I called and talked to James today about the post I read. He also told me the cost of the Gentle Waves so I knew that G.W. was out of the question. I guess the bottom line is I wanted someone to tell me that I've done the right thing in purchasing the Quasar. I've read every thread on this board about the Quasar and although a few people haven't seen instant positive results, I've never read anything other than the post I mentioned on another board, that's negative.

Patty

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that's exactly why you did your research and went with plenty of info. I don't see any way you can lose.

Yes, keep in mind, not everyone has results, and not everyone has instant results, etc. But, it seems plenty of people love it. I also think mature skin might have more issues so is able to see more clear results than youthful skin, etc. Just some thoughts/perspectives.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I should get my equipment tomorrow and I'll be sure and keep you posted on the results. I'm planning on documenting with pictures. I don't know how to post them though, but as long as I can see results for myself and my clients can see before and afters, that's the most important thing to me.

Cedar, take care and thanks for your feedback.

Patty

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say Good Luck with your business venture!! Best wishes!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Best of luck with your new business Patty - it's a huge step to take and must be very stressful, but you've obviously put a lot of time and effort into getting things up and running so try to enjoy it and not fret Very Happy . Have a very merry Christmas too, and a prosperous new year.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
There is another thread on this forum that discusses the Baby Quasar (same company but home use device). Some of the posters have used both the BQ and had Gentle Waves and give their experience with each. Seems they are very happy with the BQ. Your device will be stronger so should show more immediate results. I think you've made a good, cost effective choice but you have a reasonable amount of time to return it if it doesn't work for you. Best of luck with your business!
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
You guys have been so nice. Thank you for the good wishes. I'll keep you informed.

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Patty,

Good Luck with you business!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Patty, first of all...good luck and secondly, I think the other post your referenced was full of *&%^#. I've used both the Baby Quasar and now the SP and I'm absolutely thrilled with the products. You will not be sorry. The company is fantastic with customer support, have tons of devices in use in professional spas today (along w/home users like us). They are TOP notch people and products.

I look great, thanks to the BQ and plan to look even better with my SP!!!

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
What scally said! Very Happy
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Great! Keep the positive reports coming. A little background for a sec. The woman who wrote the negative post said that she got the Baby Quasar a year ago and it did "maybe a little bit" for her. I don't know anything about how often she used it or if she followed protocol. Her advice to me is to get a electro-current device & the hyperbaric 02 infusion device. Okay. I called 02 Intraceuticals today and the rep there told me to call a nurse who uses the 02 device in her office. She raved about the 02 therapy and although I couldn't hear her very well (Manhattan at lunch) the last thing she said was to call her tonight and she wanted to tell me about a system using LED Lights. LOL!!! She was talking about Revitalite and had never heard of the Quasar. But that's o.k. I wasn't home at the time she wanted me to call her back and when I got home, my husband was here and I really don't want him to know what I'm thinking about doing, so I haven't talked to her again. I will try to talk to her later tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you all know what she advises. The 02 system is the same one Oprah had on her show and Madonna takes the system and her therapist with her when she travels. Also bought 3 machines for her home. Go to the site and check it out if you haven't already.

Thank you all so much!

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
Great! Keep the positive reports coming. A little background for a sec. The woman who wrote the negative post said that she got the Baby Quasar a year ago and it did "maybe a little bit" for her. I don't know anything about how often she used it or if she followed protocol. Her advice to me is to get a electro-current device & the hyperbaric 02 infusion device. Okay. I called 02 Intraceuticals today and the rep there told me to call a nurse who uses the 02 device in her office. She raved about the 02 therapy and although I couldn't hear her very well (Manhattan at lunch) the last thing she said was to call her tonight and she wanted to tell me about a system using LED Lights. LOL!!! She was talking about Revitalite and had never heard of the Quasar. But that's o.k. I wasn't home at the time she wanted me to call her back and when I got home, my husband was here and I really don't want him to know what I'm thinking about doing, so I haven't talked to her again. I will try to talk to her later tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you all know what she advises. The 02 system is the same one Oprah had on her show and Madonna takes the system and her therapist with her when she travels. Also bought 3 machines for her home. Go to the site and check it out if you haven't already.

Thank you all so much!

Patty

Patty,

Are you talking about this? http://tessiesserenityspa.com/revitalite-information.htm
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's this one: http://www.revitalight.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Patty,

I think she was talking about this:
http://led-light-therapy.com/about_revitalight.htm

Although, the price is not listed, I believe that the system is much more expensive then the SP. According to this website, the application takes 20-30 minutes, just like SP.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I think it's this one: http://www.revitalight.com/

We posted at the same time.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
One of Advanced Therapeutics' website carries this machine. Listing price $5,595.00 http://photoskincare.com/revitalightinfo.htm Maybe we can ask Alex or James.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
i'm not sure if it is the same product but if i type in revitalite i come accross letters of FDA, warning the company. Also a newspaper clip saying that it is a scam. It tries to get people to invest a lot of money who then need to sell the laser units, they actually brought one of those lasers to an expert and it isn't working, it is just a laserpen. So thats scary. Will this be the same product?
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I saw that too but I thought that since it's dated 2004, 2005 that Revitalite had since been approved by the FDA. But I'm assuming and you know what that can mean.

I am so confused about how to use the Quasar Power Pack. I've bought this for my business. The office manager's daughter is coming in for acne treatment and we started yesterday. There is no way I can finish her tx in 48 minutes which is the time I'm supposed to be able to cover her entire face and jawline with 2 passes. One pass is supposed to be with the blue light for 4 minutes to each area of the face. This one pass takes an hour. The second pass is with the red light and this takes an hour. Then I'm supposed to add the cone and treat each area (the broken out areas) for 4 minutes. This is impossible to do in 48 minutes. I will call James Monday, but if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, maybe you can help. Am I having a duh moment? When you move the wand, you're supposed to overlap the treated area with the lights which allows for less coverage. I don't know guys. If I can't finish one of these treatments in an hour, I simply can't do this in my office. This really does seem to be more appropriate for home use, not office. I'm going to finish her treatment (4 days on & 3 off) and if it works, I think this is something parents should buy for home use if they don't want to go the drug route. Can anyone enlighten me?

Patty

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |